Sportsound Watch

Just listened to the "does Scottish football need the Old Firm" Podcast......Fucking hell! where to even begin with that pish. Tom English was the only one remotely objective in the discussion.

If Scotlands National game depends upon a rivalry built on Religious intolerance what does that say about Scottish society in 2016? Tragic.

I genuinely thought that it would be the Rangers supporters that would be the most insufferable about them being back but the media in general seem to be the ones in full "told you so" and the coverage has been completely disproportionate. The state of the BBC Scottish football homepage for example - can anyone spot a theme?

oaatyg.png

It's almost as if the mental effort of having to write/talk about other stuff over the past 4 years was just too much, leading to them spaffing as much dismal OF w**k as they can. Only a couple of months until the next one....

To be fair though

e59162540e57e7270046044df8f73160.jpg

Just listened to the "does Scottish football need the Old Firm" Podcast......Fucking hell! where to even begin with that pish. Tom English was the only one remotely objective in the discussion.

If Scotlands National game depends upon a rivalry built on Religious intolerance what does that say about Scottish society in 2016? Tragic.

I didn't mind a lot of what Speirs had to say, i felt he at least attempted to give the point some valid consideration from a non-of centric view. He landed somewhere in the middle IMO which is no doubt a sacking offence.

2 hours ago, itzdrk said:

To be fair though

e59162540e57e7270046044df8f73160.jpg

That will be the BBC doing the bare minimum for the diddies the night before the game then - feast your eyes on the lavish preview they've meticulously put together for the game I'm heading for today. 

b6r2vq.png

It's a lot to take in, I might have to read it again to make sure I've not missed something...

That will be the BBC doing the bare minimum for the diddies the night before the game then - feast your eyes on the lavish preview they've meticulously put together for the game I'm heading for today. 

b6r2vq.png

It's a lot to take in, I might have to read it again to make sure I've not missed something...

I feel like i know everything about this match.

10 hours ago, shull said:

This whole week has been like the end of the Season with the two scum Clubs playing the Scottish Cup Final tomorrow.

Sickening

Wish us 40 Diddy Clubs could exterminate the cnuts.

You could have. It's only 4 years since Rangers were exterminated and the majority of Scottish football decided that we needed this fixture.  

Rangers were dead, gone.  The Diddy Clubs (and Celtic) gave them life because they wanted this.  

It's sickening. 

Sportsound, and indeed BBC Scotland, have been a disgrace for a while now. This week is just the icing on the cake.

Everyone involved should be ashamed of themselves.

They won't b tho. Feels very much like they are being deliberately over the top to try to teach diddies a lesson for them having to acknowledge non of football for 4 years.

Not Sportsound but unfortunately had to listen to Clyde on the way home last night as the taxi driver had it on.

Asked him at 617pm to turn it off when the so called pundit Derek Johnstone said that he didn't even know any of the other games on in the Scotland today.

The other commentator stated we will talk about them later.... I think. Decided at that point to never listen to it again. Driver took exception but understood my reasons.

What in the name of the wee man is Scott Davie doing in broadcasting updates on games in England when he is supposed to be giving all of his energy in sharing the best of our Scottish game.

Aberdeen v Inverness has nothing whatever to do with Burnley and I cringe for his and the BBC's complancency

Listening to yesterdays podcast.

I am so sick of this rhetoric coming from pundits (Rangers leaning) when asked 'What is a realistic aim for Rangers this season?'

The answer I've heard thousands of times (possibly exaggerating) is 'well it's Glasgow Rangers, the aim is first, anything else is unacceptable'

Yes but, your team is miles behind Celtic, what is a realistic aim.

'It's Glasgow rangers, it has to be 1st' 

FFS just give an honest, realistic answer!

Rant over

8 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Listening to yesterdays podcast.

I am so sick of this rhetoric coming from pundits (Rangers leaning) when asked 'What is a realistic aim for Rangers this season?'

The answer I've heard thousands of times (possibly exaggerating) is 'well it's Glasgow Rangers, the aim is first, anything else is unacceptable'

Yes but, your team is miles behind Celtic, what is a realistic aim.

'It's Glasgow rangers, it has to be 1st' 

FFS just give an honest, realistic answer!

Rant over

I feel they're afraid to answer truthfully.

The 3 ex Premiership players they've signed must be hoovering up £50K a week and are done.

Saying we hope to finish above Aberdeen and Hearts with that in mind basically says we've done it again and Rangers 2016 under King might as well be Rangers 2010 Under Murray.

Huge wage bill on players that are not very good and no resale value. Keep that ST money coming boys.

Pat Bonner saying Celtic got pumped because they don't face teams like Barca week in week out.

Apologies to Pat, County should have signed Suarez when they had the chance.

I've never understood that logic. Qualify for the CL every season and you will play teams like that week in, week out. It's their own shitebag performances in qualifying that's to blame if he wants to use that excuse

I've never understood that logic. Qualify for the CL every season and you will play teams like that week in, week out. It's their own shitebag performances in qualifying that's to blame if he wants to use that excuse

Exactly they are quick enough to gloat (rightfully) over pumping their biggest rivals at the weekend and when they do lose in domestic football more often than not its down to the officials being biased against them. Can't have it both ways.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Pat Bonner saying Celtic got pumped because they don't face teams like Barca week in week out.

Apologies to Pat, County should have signed Suarez when they had the chance.

Celtic dropped more points, scored less and conceded more than Barcelona in the league last season.

31 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

Celtic dropped more points, scored less and conceded more than Barcelona in the league last season.

Pat Bonner's head would explode if someone told him that. It would take him ten minutes at least to even understand why it shoots down his "argument". They guy's an embarrassing sycophant.

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can pat bonner name a team on the planet that does play against a team of barcas quality week in week out?

To be honest I'm surprised he can name a team on the planet other than Celtic.