Sportsound Watch

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

To be honest I'm surprised he can name a team on the planet other than Celtic.

That's why he's on the radio....someone can slip him a wee list of paper entitled "other teams that play football that might be relevant".

To be fair he's not a total disaster when talking tactics but the insight is downgraded quite a bit when talking about "the lad up front".

Bonner the thick mick is by far and away the worst pundit on Radio Scotland. Quite remarkable when you consider that Keith Jackson and Billy Brown are regular guests.

I quite enjoyed listening to Richard Wilson squealing in horror on last night's show after Graeme Spiers outed him as a Rangers fan.

52 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Bonner the thick mick is by far and away the worst pundit on Radio Scotland. Quite remarkable when you consider that Keith Jackson and Billy Brown are regular guests.

I quite enjoyed listening to Richard Wilson squealing in horror on last night's show after Graeme Spiers outed him as a Rangers fan.

It was a secret? I thought it was glaringly obvious.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

I think he's the same idiot who took a photograph of fans at a Saint Johnstone v ICT game, Tweeted it criticising the poor support from Inverness only to have several people point out to him that he had taken a picture of the home fans. 

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

They spent nearly an entire show discussing a mark warburton press conference.

They are not even trying to keep up the story of Scottish football being about more than 2 teams.

Yep. The past fortnight in particular has been horrific for this. They got a token diddy player on to discuss his forced retirement at the end of an entire show discussing Rangers and they couldn't get him off air quickly enough.

Yep. The past fortnight in particular has been horrific for this. They got a token diddy player on to discuss his forced retirement at the end of an entire show discussing Rangers and they couldn't get him off air quickly enough.

Yep.

Presumably because they had been speaking about Celtic earlier in the week due to CL participation they felt the need to 'even it up' so to speak.

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yep.

Presumably because they had been speaking about Celtic earlier in the week due to CL participation they felt the need to 'even it up' so to speak.

Again, we have that irony of them thinking they're being even handed, when by simply concentrating on two clubs from the same city, they're being precisely the opposite.

Decided to listen to the radio. Off the Ball is on. Special guest? Chick Young.

I couldn't turn the radio off quickly enough.

Chick Young is on! He's almost never on. I must find a radio!

Actually he's on the mobile phone. Who needs a radio. Wonder what insightful stuff he'll come out with; Ayr for the league?

Cowan hasn't been the same since the sexism row. He's clearly been told that he punted next time so steers clear of controversy.

All his own fault mind as despite his attempts on Scotland's Game the other night to revise things a bit, his article was nasty and needless. Had he questioned women's football (or more specifically the popularity of it) then it would have been fine, but the sexist remarks and horrible tone were uncalled for.

The show (OTB) itself hasn't been the same since either. They always have a Sevco and/or Celtic feature now.

Edited by DA Baracus

32 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Off the Ball is a programme that I loved back in the day.

I find it very tiresome now though.  

It's maybe daft to moan about how clueless the stars of a show that boasts of being ill informed are, but the factual errors when they try to recall stuff, really annoy me.

The factual errors annoy me quite a bit as well! Cowan today thought Sammy The Tammy's tank routine against Raith was during the Iraq war. It was in 2010.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The factual errors annoy me quite a bit as well! Cowan today thought Sammy The Tammy's tank routine against Raith was during the Iraq war. It was in 2010.

Him and his Perth neebur thinks that this firm got sued by Dolce & Gabbana and they are plumbers.

th?&id=OIP.M20d09ffa9c50dbb480d5b4b38cc6b72ao0&w=150&h=105&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Edited by Zen Archer

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Cowan hasn't been the same since the sexism row. He's clearly been told that he punted next time so steers clear of controversy.

All his own fault mind as despite his attempts on Scotland's Game the other night to revise things a bit, his article was nasty and needless. Had he questioned women's football (or more specifically the popularity of it) then it would have been fine, but the sexist remarks and horrible tone were uncalled for.

The show (OTB) itself hasn't been the same since either. They always have a Sevco and/or Celtic feature now.

Every reference he has to make to the whole episode usually involves a condescending pat on the head for women's football, quickly followed by a bitter snipe at a self-perceived 'PC culture'. His banter merchant act has dried up and he's being increasingly shown up as an odious little man.