Sportsound Watch

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I don't mind auld chick. He's mellowed over the years into a kind of caricature of himself. Doesn't take himself too seriously anymore and more than happy to have the piss taken as well.

Too easy a hate figure imo.

Burchill had me raging a few weeks ago by basically insisting that you had to be an ex footballer to get the point he was making. I think Tom English had just shat on his corn flakes and this was his defence mechanism.

Burchill is simply a thicko.

Burchill is simply a thicko.

Randomly, I was once chatted up by a bird who said I looked like mark burchill after Scotland beat England at Wembley (I think he came on as a sub in that game, was definitely in the squad at the time).

I took it as a compliment but I think the girl was a bit of a munter.

I know that it's not Sportsound, but Reporting Scotland has just run a three minute piece on the Rangers/Celtic match yesterday. Although it obviously mentioned that Celtic got to the League Cup final next month, there was not a single mention, not one, of the other team that also got to the final this weekend. I am such a saddo that I replayed the piece to check I hadn't missed a sneaky reference to Aberdeen, but I hadn't. 

On Sportscene they just gave Aberdeen v Morton a sentence - before devoting over 5mins to 3 pundits retelling the match verbally from the Hampden commentary gantry (as they do not have rights to the footage). Aberdeen were also name-checked in relation to being Celtic's opponents, but I'd suspect the word "Morton" was heard once in the entire program.

For those of you who missed tonights show I will fill you in so you can ignore the podcast. Another biased hour, meant to flow with positive PR for "them". 3 quarters of show dedicated to the zombies.

No matter what topic, Kenny Fucking McIntyre insisted on bringing it back to...

Has the gap narrowed.

Are Aberdeen the main challengers.

Are Aberdeen the second force despite the Sevco display at Pittodrie.

Are you honestly saying Aberdeen will finish Second...

Desperate stuff. Think he needs to be put on suicide watch tbh.

For once, credit to the panel. Got it spot on tonight. Jamie Fullerton was excellent and almost had the producers reaching for the mute button when praising AFC signing policy, Hearts performance last season in comparison to the Shite from the Southside...

Moment of the night was when McIntyre asked him if Aberdeen were really better than his lot after the performance at Pittodrie..Fullerton within 1 second replied "Aye Kenny".

Richard Gordon last night said that Willie Miller had told him that, with no disrespect to other clubs, the Aberdeen v Celtic final would be a "real" cup final.

i'm assuming that was a "real" defeat last night by Hamilton Willie, no disrespect.

Got to agree with a lot of the comments. The OF nonsense is fucking boring!!!! Get it to f**k. Sick fed up of them kissing Celtics arse and wondering why Sevco aren't good.

So many more interesting things happening especially with the early rounds of the Scottish cup being on. The 3 minute peice on Bonnyrigg was probably the best thing I've seen the BBC do in months and it was still so very basic. Joke.

The constant 'why aren't Rangers good' question on the show annoys me.  Only about 5% of their squad have played in the SPL/Scottish Premiership before.  Some at a higher level, some at a lower.

You're asking a bunch of guys to play together at at level they have no experience of playing at.  It's not hard to understand.

4 hours ago, Oscar P said:

Richard Gordon last night said that Willie Miller had told him that, with no disrespect to other clubs, the Aberdeen v Celtic final would be a "real" cup final.

i'm assuming that was a "real" defeat last night by Hamilton Willie, no disrespect.

I heard this and it annoyed me. 'No disrespect'?! It was exceptionally disrespectful. And of course utter bollocks. Just what the f**k does it mean?

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Got to agree with a lot of the comments. The OF nonsense is fucking boring!!!! Get it to f**k. Sick fed up of them kissing Celtics arse and wondering why Sevco aren't good.

So many more interesting things happening especially with the early rounds of the Scottish cup being on. The 3 minute peice on Bonnyrigg was probably the best thing I've seen the BBC do in months and it was still so very basic. Joke.

Most of your posts are probably aboot Celtic.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Most of your posts are probably about Celtic, Smithers.

My second favourite Simpsons character, cheers Rab.

I hope you spot some nice trains today mate.