Sportsound Watch

8 hours ago, G-MAN said:

No respect for her.

Made out to be a football expert because she was engaged to Lovell and now Foster.

Her whining about AFC fans giving poor Ricky a hard time was pathetic.

Funny that in an era where BBC Scotland are dropping their pants to the Sevco hordes, even got ex player birds on now...

She's an embarrassment. The interview below relates to an incident involving yours truly.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2843487/Amy-My-evil-eye-KOd-yob.html

It was Airdrie's Paul Lovering I was shouting at. Everyone around me realised this apart from daft Amy.

Edited by Hammer Jag

She's an embarrassment. The interview below relates to an incident involving yours truly.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2843487/Amy-My-evil-eye-KOd-yob.html

It was Airdrie's Paul Lovering I was shouting at. Everyone around me realised this apart from daft Amy.

^^^ shat it after a dirty look

Haven't got round to listening to last night's podcast yet, but I've got a lot of time for Amy MacDonald.  She had a better attendance record at Ross County away games over the last couple of seasons than a lot of our usual away day fans.  Her parents even joined us in the pub after the League Cup final, which was a laugh.

She's obviously not historically a Ross County fan, and understandably hasn't continued coming along, but she always had something nice to say about the club.  Shame it worked out the way it did between McIntyre and Foster.

18 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Amy McDonald was decent, and particularly forthright on the "why do we talk ourselves down" stuff.

However, there was a bit of an irony failure in the way she illustrated it... Her main examples were that crowds here are increasingly terrible - the inevitable "dwindling" was thrown in - and that they manage to do things so much bigger/better/richer in England (which she also cited as an example of success despite the fact their national team come up as short as ours compared to expectations). Both are actually great examples of wrongly talking ourselves down or making unfair comparisons that reflect badly!

Chats about having realistic expectations, but ambition and confidence being the aim to win the group, also confused.

Amy Macdonald is a Rangers fan, she wrote a song slagging off women that date footballers, but she also repeatedly dates footballers. She's probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The dwindling crowds myth is INFURIATING though.

Edited by Malcolm Malcolm

18 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

It was him. The show was ok tonight. No idea why Amy MacDonald was on, but she was pretty good.

Thomson is a decent enough pundit. I generally like Speirs, and Frank MacAvennie was okay tonight.

Thomson is a rubbish pundit - he's smug and nasal and he usually just sits there parroting received wisdom or stating the obvious. I get why the Buddies love him though.

I heard the 'English championship is far better than Scottish football, aside from Rangers and Celtic obviously' comment.

It seemed more to me like empty headed cliches from a pundit without really anything to say. If he thought about it he'd realise it's a stupid comment but he wasn't.

I'd liken it to a footballer winning a cup match and doing a post match interview saying they're glad they got the 3 points

Thoughts of Barry Ferguson on tonight's programme. 

Why? 

Heard him being interviewed recently on BBC Radio Scotland. Impression I got was that he's sick of slumming it at Clyde and is trying to raise his profile in the hope he can get out. However, he says he's loving it and he seems to have developed a penchant for pound shops.

Put it this way, after hearing what he had to say, I'm glad we have Gary Locke.

b261b33ec403f3cf0a67a24c370af3ad.jpg

He was in angry man mode tonight. Scottish Football in general is gubbed and changing the manager and coaches will make no difference.

A glowing endorsement of the SFA, the Largs mafia and all things Scottish Football.