Sportsound Watch

Allan Preston's passionate rant about the overall state of Scottish football and the SFA was tremendous stuff. "They can't even do a Scottish Cup draw properly".

Also, did anyone else hear Chick Young's attempt at reading out the Hamilton team pre-match? Beyond disgraceful, even for him. He had Massimo Donanti dropped, starting, dropped, then starting again, all in the space of about ten seconds. He then done the same thing with 'Dan Seeburn'.

He stutters and mutters his way through sentences, routinely makes basic pronunciation errors and he doesn't have even a basic grasp of the sport he's covered for decades. Not only that, but he can bumble his way through programmes safe in the knowledge that he is utterly untouchable by his bosses due to the rampant cronyism within Radio Scotland.

No wonder the bald b*****d is always so chirpy.

Edited by Hammer Jag

Chic Young and Tam Cowan were suggesting Jim Duffy for the Scotland job. I think they were being serious. Stuart Cosgrove was suggesting Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds. I think he was serious. One of the studio guests (the 'journalist' guy I think) suggested Peter Houston. I think he was serious.

Chic Young and Tam Cowan were suggesting Jim Duffy for the Scotland job. I think they were being serious. Stuart Cosgrove was suggesting Jim McIntyre and Billy Dodds. I think he was serious. One of the studio guests (the 'journalist' guy I think) suggested Peter Houston. I think he was serious.

I suppose those suggestions aren't that mad. Back in the day neither Andy Roxburgh or Craig were first choice for the fans?

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Shades of the good old days when journos spent the afternoon in a hostelry and phoned any old pish into the copy room to fill column inches for the next issue.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I suppose those suggestions aren't that mad. Back in the day neither Andy Roxburgh or Craig were first choice for the fans?

They are insanely bad choices. Any of them would be the worst appointment ever

TBF they were having a discussion about "out the box" suggestions for the new manager, and used Craig Brown as an example of what they meant.

On the other hand, Jim fucking Duffy.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF they were having a discussion about "out the box" suggestions for the new manager, and used Craig Brown as an example of what they meant.

On the other hand, Jim fucking Duffy.

At the time it was broadcast, I'd also have had a laugh at the idea of Jim Duffy.

Needless to say though, he's had the last one.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I agree with the sentiment, but in terms of the worst appointments ever, the last three would actually take some eclipsing.

Something which any of the guys I mentioned would be eminently capable of

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

In fairness, it's a vacancy that should exist and surely soon will.

I agree it should but unfortunately it doesn't and the incumbent has just confirmed he isn't leaving. They should wait until it is actually vacant before discussing who should be taking someone's job. It's not very professional but then again it is the BBC. 

21 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

I agree it should but unfortunately it doesn't and the incumbent has just confirmed he isn't leaving. They should wait until it is actually vacant before discussing who should be taking someone's job. It's not very professional but then again it is the BBC. 

That's one view.

An alternative one though, would recognise it as a thoroughly legitimate topic, given where we now find ourselves.  You can't accuse our media of succulent type behaviour, but also then berate them for this type of thing.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

Shades of the good old days when journos spent the afternoon in a hostelry and phoned any old pish into the copy room to fill column inches for the next issue.

I thought they still did this?

26 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That's one view.

An alternative one though, would recognise it as a thoroughly legitimate topic, given where we now find ourselves.  You can't accuse our media of succulent type behaviour, but also then berate them for this type of thing.

The time for it was after the latest defeat whilst there was still doubt about him going or not. Discussing his replacement a day or so after both sides had stated there was to be no change is pointless and disrespectful to the sniveling little c**t. The succulent behaviour towards two teams has no bearing on this at all. Think we just need to agree to disagree on this one.