Sportsound Watch

Back in the car after the match and hoping against hope that we get feedback, interviews, etc on the five huge games in the Premiership. Unfortunately, as I feared, after a quick Michael Stewart spat about the Hearts penalty, it was all about the one match that mattered not a whit. For 30/40 minutes it was an extensive Mick Beale interview, a phone call from a Rangers fan, interview with Big Ange, phone call from a Celtic fan, and copious amounts of discussion about a match with no bearing on the final positions in the Premiership. Pathetic. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Back in the car after the match and hoping against hope that we get feedback, interviews, etc on the five huge games in the Premiership. Unfortunately, as I feared, after a quick Michael Stewart spat about the Hearts penalty, it was all about the one match that mattered not a whit. For 30/40 minutes it was an extensive Mick Beale interview, a phone call from a Rangers fan, interview with Big Ange, phone call from a Celtic fan, and copious amounts of discussion about a match with no bearing on the final positions in the Premiership. 

Always with the negative waves.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Back in the car after the match and hoping against hope that we get feedback, interviews, etc on the five huge games in the Premiership. Unfortunately, as I feared, after a quick Michael Stewart spat about the Hearts penalty, it was all about the one match that mattered not a whit. For 30/40 minutes it was an extensive Mick Beale interview, a phone call from a Rangers fan, interview with Big Ange, phone call from a Celtic fan, and copious amounts of discussion about a match with no bearing on the final positions in the Premiership. Pathetic. 

Don't pay your license fee(if you do). Easy.

35 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Don't pay your license fee(if you do). Easy.

Standard response. I'm always amazed that folk on here hold back on paying the TV licence (note the spelling) fee because they don't like Sportsound. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Standard response. I'm always amazed that folk on here hold back on paying the TV licence (note the spelling) fee because they don't like Sportsound. 

I'm amazed that folk on here pay their lysenze fee after Jimmy Savile. 

Nothing will change until people take a stand(free).

22 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I'm amazed folk pay a corporation to spew out constant negative propaganda against their own country.

7 hours ago, Rael Rover said:

Craig Levein just described Michael Stewart as "the poster boy for the intellectually challenged"!

He's spot-on there, tbf.

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if Stewart and Levein sat down ages ago, had a chat and worked things out, are now fine with each other (without necessarily being pals) and have played up to it all since.

You're giving both of them far too much credit there. Well beyond the pair of stubborn arseholes.

10 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Gave up listening to Scottish radio stations years ago.  Just awful. I want info on other Scottish sides no excuse for Radio Scotland covering Glasgow football.

I hear they have added Bobby "I'm no a cheat" Madden to their endless list of unbiased experts.

Michael Stewart spent so much time talking about VAR yesterday he was just brushing off goals in the huge game he was ant and then immediately going back to chatting VAR. He was really bad for not saying what team had the chance, goal or penalty as well. He’s normally a lot better than that. 

10 hours ago, Munoz said:

Yep, a concerted campaign for us all to stop paying our licence fees will push the BBC into binning Kenny McIntyre. Genius.

26 minutes ago, Eder said:

Gave up listening to Scottish radio stations years ago.  Just awful. I want info on other Scottish sides no excuse for Radio Scotland covering Glasgow football.

I hear they have added Bobby "I'm no a cheat" Madden to their endless list of unbiased experts.

When I'm travelling home from a game I'm wanting get information on the other important games of the day. In and around Aberdeen Sportsound is the only option.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

Michael Stewart spent so much time talking about VAR yesterday he was just brushing off goals in the huge game he was ant and then immediately going back to chatting VAR. He was really bad for not saying what team had the chance, goal or penalty as well. He’s normally a lot better than that. 

When the penalty was given at Tannadice I had no idea who It was for until he said “McGrath will step up to take this” just as he was about to take the penalty. That was after about five minutes of the whole debacle with VAR getting involved. 

Edited by Staggie_93

I know Stewart isn't the brightest but I don't usually mind him.  However, yesterday he spent most of the programme either ranting or giving petulant answers and arguing with folk. I can forgive a lack of patience with the stupid questions posed by "Kenny Mac", but I thought he was actually pretty rude to Crichton. 

He needs to grow up and stop sounding like a spoiled 7 year old who's refusing to tidy his room.

6 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I know Stewart isn't the brightest but I don't usually mind him.  However, yesterday he spent most of the programme either ranting or giving petulant answers and arguing with folk. I can forgive a lack of patience with the stupid questions posed by "Kenny Mac", but I thought he was actually pretty rude to Crichton. 

He needs to grow up and stop sounding like a spoiled 7 year old who's refusing to tidy his room.

Yes.  Kenny Mac really is an insufferable oaf.  He makes everyone and everything worse. 

Stewart definitely seems to have gotten worse.

He seems absolutely raging in every debate and seems to get annoyed by anyone even making a reasonable counter argument. 

Not sure if it’s symptomatic of the new general trend it’s going in or a conscious choice but he has also become unlistenable. 

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stewart definitely seems to have gotten worse.

He seems absolutely raging in every debate and seems to get annoyed by anyone even making a reasonable counter argument. 

Not sure if it’s symptomatic of the new general trend it’s going in or a conscious choice but he has also become unlistenable. 

He's become a parody of himself. He's always been an irritating contrarian but now he's ridiculous and like you say - unlistenable. 

To be honest the BBC should've binned him after his reaction to Glen Kamara being racially abused, and then somehow making out that he was the victim when Anton and Rio Ferdinand chinned him about it.