Sportsound Watch

16 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Hearts fans.  Glasgow 2 fans in particular. 

Hearts fans seem to have a major problem with Richard because of one throwaway comment about one of Hearts Lithuanian mercenaries about 20 years ago when he dived against Scotland. Strange.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Sorry but what are you basing this on? Certainly not on here and I've rarely ever seen Richard Gordon mentioned on twitter as he's not in the slightest bit controversial or biased etc.

Not so much on here, but Rangers fans of my acquaintance. One kept on telling me how Gordon was "proud he had been brought up to hate Rangers" as the smoking gun as he saw it.

You don't have to tell me he was non-controversial and non-biased. I thought he was great.

10 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Not so much on here, but Rangers fans of my acquaintance. One kept on telling me how Gordon was "proud he had been brought up to hate Rangers" as the smoking gun as he saw it.

You don't have to tell me he was non-controversial and non-biased. I thought he was great.

Not sure how being brought up to hate Rangers would make Celtic fans hate him tbh.

Just now, gannonball said:

Not sure how being brought up to hate Rangers would make Celtic fans hate him tbh.

I'm gonna take a leap in the dark here and guess that you have misread my post. Please read it again. The first one you replied to.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Hearts fans seem to have a major problem with Richard because of one throwaway comment about one of Hearts Lithuanian mercenaries about 20 years ago when he dived against Scotland. Strange.

He said something very silly in the heat of the moment that would probably have caused a stir had he said it in 2021 rather than 2007.

I liked him, most people I know do. I don't know anyone who gives a f**k about the Miko thing.

The internet is rarely real life.

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Dick by name, dick by nature!!!

Most folk that dislike Kenny McIntyre can list a number of things. Confrontational, aggressive attitude, Rangers Rangers Rangers, VAR VAR VAR. You have listed no reasons why you think Richard Gordon is a dick.

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Most folk that dislike Kenny McIntyre can list a number of things. Confrontational, aggressive attitude, Rangers Rangers Rangers, VAR VAR VAR. You have listed no reasons why you think Richard Gordon is a dick.

I think you’ve misinterpreted my post to be a genuine statement of dislike towards Gordon.

You’ll see from my previous comments that I believed any notion that Rangers fans wanted Gordon out to be entirely made up. I have never heard any Rangers fan express a negative opinion of him never mind want him cancelled.

My “Dick” comment was purely a play on his name in reply to a question that  was not a serious question.

So for the avoidance of doubt, I don’t actually think he is a dick.

28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When using adjectives he’s incapable of using them once,

”On what promises to be a big, big week in Scottish football”.

Just a minor irritation compared to his tabloid approach & his very clear methods to get The Rangers or Mick Beale in to a conversation. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I have never heard any Rangers fan express a negative opinion of him never mind want him cancelled.

Odd comment unless the devil is in the detail and you've never "heard" it but you have read it.

Otherwise, you can't go on Swallow Swallow because negative comments on Richard Gordon from your fellow Unionist hordes aren't an unusual occurrence.

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

If you’re not brought up to hate & despise “The Rangers” then your parents have failed.

59 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Odd comment unless the devil is in the detail and you've never "heard" it but you have read it.

Otherwise, you can't go on Swallow Swallow because negative comments on Richard Gordon from your fellow Unionist hordes aren't an unusual occurrence.

Well that’ll be why I haven’t seen it then. I think I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve heard (or seen) a fellow Rangers fan say anything about Richard Gordon, let alone criticise him.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well that’ll be why I haven’t seen it then. I think I can honestly say I don’t think I’ve heard (or seen) a fellow Rangers fan say anything about Richard Gordon, let alone criticise him.

Fair enough then, I've just seen it a few times when I've been lurking (as Rage Against the Machine said, Know your Enemy) and it's usual "Dick Gordon" stuff...

With Sevcove relegated and his duties not particularly onerous there, I was clinging to the hope that he would return to Sportsound duties...

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Kenny Miller and Yogi doing commentary on the Old Firm game. It's like listening to a foreign language.

That's Edinburgh for you..