Sportsound Watch

1 minute ago, Mr Meeker said:

I used to love listening to sportsound on the way to the game. It was a ritual.  Genuinely,  why bother now? They're all idiots.  I haven't listened for a long time and I have less road rage. Richard Gordon I would have listened to, no problem.  Even then, him trying to have a conversation with "Biscuits" etc? Just don't listen anymore.  It's not going to get any better. 

I think it's fairly rapid demise shows how good Richard Gordon is as a broadcaster. Keeping people on topic, correcting mistakes and moving the conversation on when required were some of his skills. 

Now I feel like it's trying too hard. The faux arguments (every bloody week), fan phone ins. Why?

Last Sunday was quite good I felt. John Collins annoys me as he takes little interest in a significant amount of teams in the league (so does Bonner, but he at least has a bit of charm), but Stephen McGinn was excellent and knew both teams he was talking about.

31 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

The post-mortem on the Sevco - Livi game was excruciating: Leanne, Tom the Leprachaun and Rory Loyal examining the *** performance from every possible angle and not addressing Livi at all, while nearby KMac was dribbling saliva everywhere.

It's annoying how they now use Rory Loy. When he started out he often did Championship games and was quite knowledgeable and enthusiastic. Nowadays he seems to cover Rangers games for Open All Mikes quite often. Willie Miller for all his faults at least gave the team news and a wee preview from Tannadice (albeit they didn't throw to him until just before 3 so no use to anyone going to the game). This was njzt after the bizarre bit where McIntyre said they'd go to John Robertson in Digwall with the team news after interviews with the managers. The reporter said something like "two changes today Steven?" as one of the questions. Robbo then said "two changes for St Johnstone" without actually saying what the XI was.

I used to have Sportsound on in the background through the week and at the weekend along with Off the Ball.

With regards Sportsound, I always suspected that I would stop listening when Richard Gordon left; however, when the BBC gave his job to that glaikit H*n loving oaf then I turned off quicker than I thought I would and now I don't even think about listening to it.

Off the Ball always repeated itself but where once it was a comfort, now it's just an annoyance.

They've had good and ridiculously long run but I think it needs put out of its misery.

I'd quite happily never hear Tam Cowan's voice ever again.

P.S P&B Admin grow up with censorship of the word H*n... it's not sectarian in any shape or form, named after the Central Asian tribal people known for their warring and pillaging, it describes the way supporters of Deadco used to conduct themselves on visits down south as they reacted to getting taught a lesson from teams as illustrious as Chesterfield.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 hours ago, sophia said:

Michael Stewart, whilst venting about Hearts, suggested that they were circumnavigating the rules.

😅

3 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Then Tom English (a stupid person's idea of a smart person) and Michael Stewart (a smart person's idea of a stupid person) have their pretend misunderstanding about Hearts which morphs into an argument. 

Excellent descriptions of both.

This was on when I got back to the car after our game.

They were talking about Ross County vs St Johnstone and where things went wrong for Saints.

McIntyre then abruptly cut in with “And on that note….let’s hear from Michael Beale.”

Not even a pretence anymore that they’re there to cover all teams fairly.

After 2 minutes it was switched over to Super Scoreboard as the preferred option.

It’s embarrassing.

37 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I died a bit yesterday when McIntyre described the Speak Your Brains feature as an opportunity for fans to "really feel part of the debate" like its 1987 and the Internet doesn't exist.

Yeah but imagine being on air with them whilst Tom English and Michael Stewart pretend to argue over whatever trivial issue they pulled out of a hat on Saturday morning. A truly unique experience. 

Best Sportsound in ages today. Maybe because technical issues are keeping Pacific Quay - and Kenny Macintyre - off the air.

Liam Macleod and Thomas Duncan filling in nicely, hopefully the technical issues continue!

Rank game to pick. One that will be played multiple times this season.

Airdrie vs Ross County should have been the live commentary.

On a more positive note, Thomas Duncan is a good commentator.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I don’t really understand why they couldn’t just do open all mics, incorporating some league one games…

Absoluely no interest listening to a live commentary of this!

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

And on this, I agree! 

28 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t really understand why they couldn’t just do open all mics, incorporating some league one games…

Absoluely no interest listening to a live commentary of this!

It's just lazy. They claim to cover Scottish Football, yet they barely cover the Premiership.

They don't care.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

It's just lazy. They claim to cover Scottish Football, yet they barely cover the Premiership.

They don't care.

Aye, I listened for a while hoping they would at least give decent updates of the other games. Put it back on at HT thinking the same - waste of time though!

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, I listened for a while hoping they would at least give decent updates of the other games. Put it back on at HT thinking the same - waste of time though!

There’s an issue at Pacific Quay. This presumably means the reporters at those games can’t dial-in. Or if they can, there’s nobody to actually put them on air. 

2 hours ago, codfish said:

Liam Macleod and Thomas Duncan filling in nicely, hopefully the technical issues continue!

MacLeod commentating on Rangers/Morton, obviously trying to show he'd done his research, kept throwing in references to Morton as 'The Ton'.

Only he pronounced it as rhyming with sun, not gone.

He's a complete dickend.

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

MacLeod commentating on Rangers/Morton, obviously trying to show he'd done his research, kept throwing in references to Morton as 'The Ton'.

Only he pronounced it as rhyming with sun, not gone.

He's a complete dickend.

Macleods alright.  A lot worse of they fuckers at the bbc. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

There’s an issue at Pacific Quay. This presumably means the reporters at those games can’t dial-in. Or if they can, there’s nobody to actually put them on air. 

They had half time reports from the other two league cup games. Jane Lewis gave an update from Livingston second half.

Anyway, as expected the Airdrie vs Ross County game was easily the best in the cup today, and indeed looks like probably the best in Scotland today (just the 7 goals).

Instead we got a fairly dull 1-0 from two teams who will play each other at least three times more in the league and could meet in the Scottish Cup.

Edited by DA Baracus