Sportsound Watch

20 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Can’t make our game today so tuned in.

The chat is about how clubs should definitely be disclosing transfer fees to fans. According to Willie Miller, clubs are “duty bound” to be “transparent” with fans.

Jesus christ.

No club on earth would openly talk about transfer fees or publicise how much cash they have to spend. That’d be fucking moronic. A bit like this entire chat.

f**k me.

Nah I agree with Miller for once there. Comes out anyway in subsequent accounts. Stop treating the fans like mugs

54 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I usually have a lot of time for John Hughes, but he embarrassed himself on Sportsound yesterday - even richard gordon was scoffing at Hughes's rant about footballing philosophies. 

I for one would love to hear John Hughes opine on Aquinas' Summa Theologica, or the Gramscian concept of cultural hegemony.

Certainly more than I want to hear him talking about football.

51 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

How every club should have a philosophy, and that every manager appointed should follow that philosophy - also, that the beautiful game comes before results. 

...did he sleep through when he was managing Ross County? Because that was all about the results and nothing about the beautiful game

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yes. Naive, misty-eyed, results-sacrificing ideology and clear structures of style, recruitment and succession planning can both exist. Hughes does stray too far towards the former though. 

'The Hughes Conjecture'.

Well known in philosophy circles.

Not so much at Pacific Quay.

On 20/09/2023 at 09:55, kingjoey said:

Scintillating punditry from James McFadden after the match last night. "If Celtic can get results at home and pick up something away from home, they give themselves a chance." F*ck*ng hell.

It still amazes me that that thicko was Scotland assistant manager. 

Mind when the Scotland assistant manager gig went to the likes of Alex Ferguson and Jim McLean? You know, actual successful, clever guys. 

It was the fault of the pitch Joe Hart was sent off and the pitch gives Livingston an unfair advantage* and should be banned.

*Despite losing 0-3 to a team with 10 players for the majority of the game.

Edited by DA Baracus