Sportsound Watch

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

Couple of belter's there.

Here's my favourite though (other than the Chic Young Iceland comment)

Barry Ferguson: “I must have been watching a different game. I thought we had the best chance of the first half apart from Sturridge scoring that goal.”

That was in reaction to a text I sent in saying that we were pish on Friday. The guy's a slobbering moron, a bib wearing bawbag, a drooling dick, a shuddering dunce. 

Incidentally, who is this Jamie Fullarton guy who's been on quite a bit recently? He seems to take comments about managers awfully personally. He appears to have been traumatised by the managerial job he was punted from recently.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Incidentally, who is this Jamie Fullarton guy who's been on quite a bit recently? He seems to take comments about managers awfully personally. He appears to have been traumatised by the managerial job he was punted from recently.

The name rings a bell.  Did he not play for a few clubs up here 10-15 years ago? May be thinking of someone else.

Darren McGregor was superb for St Mirren in the premier league that's why he got a move to Rangers. He would get into 5 or 6 teams at least in the Premiership so I don't think it's that bad a shout. He is very aggressive quick and can head the fckin baw 

Whereas Hanley would get into everyone, debatable at Celtic. You have to put things into context ffs. He's an £8 million player, he's done ok overall at international level, it's just that our defence as a whole isn't great. He's about 2 hunner times the player McGregor is.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That was in reaction to a text I sent in saying that we were pish on Friday. The guy's a slobbering moron, a bib wearing bawbag, a drooling dick, a shuddering dunce. 

Played with us and United. He is the guy that got that horrific injury and his foot was hanging on by a thread.

Lasted 60 odd days at Notts County as manager.

I think he talks a good game but is a bit robotronic. Kinda like him though, even if he shafted Saints out of compensation money when we really badly needed it in the 90s.

Fullarton was also in the running for the Saints manager's job when Jack Ross got the gig. At this point someone who'd recently registered for the Saints forum starting making fairly lengthy posts about how wonderful Fullarton was, how he'd be a great manager and how Notts County wasn't his fault. When me and a few other folk tried to suggest he was either Fullarton, a relative or a good pal he didn't like it. By amazing coincidence he's only made three posts since we appointed Ross more than a month ago - and one of those was after a defeat when he said we'd have been better with a manager like Fullarton.

Anyway, Chick Young continues to spout drivel in his Paisley Daily Express column and I notice some rather familiar phrases:

" The wee man is currently gathering his thoughts under an Iberian sun"

" Arithmetically Scotland are far from out of qualifying from this group"

"John McGinn, formerly of this parish and now at Hibs, continues to be ignored, and I find that baffling because if that kid doesn’t end up at a big English club then I’m the next Bishop of Durham. He’s way better than James Morrison."

"And those who have been screaming for the inclusion of Leigh Griffiths went strangely quiet when he decided to shoot rather than play in the overlapping Robert Snodgrass whose reaction was to pull a face like Hillary Clinton when she heard the election result."

And also some pish about Mulgrew and Patterson scoring the header.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Anyway, Chick Young continues to spout drivel in his Paisley Daily Express column and I notice some rather familiar phrases:

"John McGinn, formerly of this parish and now at Hibs, continues to be ignored, and I find that baffling because if that kid doesn’t end up at a big English club then I’m the next Bishop of Durham. He’s way better than James Morrison."

is this a wind up?

4 hours ago, Stu said:

" Arithmetically Scotland are far from out of qualifying from this group"

Terrible Journalism thread for this.

Assuming that Malta finish bottom we'd need take to take perhaps 12pts from the remaining 5 games against Slovenia, Slovakia, England and Lithuania to avoid being worst runners-up. That's based on previous qualifying campaigns with 5/6-team groups.

To date we have taken 1pt from the opening 3 games.

EDIT: To be precise these were totals required in previous campaigns, excluding points v sixth-placed finishers, to avoid being the worst runner-up:

2016 - 15pts
2014 - 11pts
2012 - 12pts
2010 - 11pts
2004 - 14pts
2002 - 12pts
2000 - 14pts
Average - 12.7pts

Edited by HibeeJibee

It's a complete waste of time asking anyone still involved in Scottish football if they think Strachan should go. You'll hear the same mealy-mouthed cliches every time.

"who could do a better job?"

"you can only work with what you've got"

"he still has the support of the players".

Thank god for the likes of Tom English, Tam McManus and the fine people of P&B.

Amen. I couldn't believe the pish Jackson, Ferguson and Chic Young where peddling.
Spiers and English are absolutely correct and have the pulse of the nation.

It's only going to get from bad to worse with Strachan and McGhee. Shows you how weak the SFA is and how much we need rid of this board starting with Regan.

Absolutely agree about Fullerton. He's got a stick up his arse about management. Intense and a wee bit weird. Who is this guy?

Whereas Hanley would get into everyone, debatable at Celtic. You have to put things into context ffs. He's an £8 million player, he's done ok overall at international level, it's just that our defence as a whole isn't great. He's about 2 hunner times the player McGregor is.

FFS he is an 8M player because English clubs buy at inflated prices because they have money. He is absolute shite.
He'd be a bombscare up here too.

FFS he is an 8M player because English clubs buy at inflated prices because they have money. He is absolute shite.

He'd be a bombscare up here too.

Hahahahaha.

So if he's that shite why aren't clubs in the championship with all that money picking up diddies like MacGregor/Souttar and Reynolds etc for pennies?

And why is your new best centre half a L2 player whilst Hanleys played his whole career in the EPL and Championship? Captaining a championship club and excelling so much that a club like Newcastle spend that kind of money on him?

He's by far our best centre half, yet still not great.

Eta: not great at international level, that is

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hahahahaha.

So if he's that shite why aren't clubs in the championship with all that money picking up diddies like MacGregor/Souttar and Reynolds etc for pennies?

And why is your new best centre half a L2 player whilst Hanleys played his whole career in the EPL and Championship? Captaining a championship club and excelling so much that a club like Newcastle spend that kind of money on him?

He's by far our best centre half, yet still not great.

Eta: not great at international level, that is

I must say I've seen pub league centre halfs that would have headered that ball into the net, Hanley never even headered it, these guys might be better in club football than some other players but that doesn't necessarily mean that a lesser player couldn't step up and prove to be a better international.

I know it's a different sport but I've watched many a limited boxer improving significantly for winning a world title, Steve Robinson springs to mind.