Sportsound Watch

"And bringing scores from all around the country" says Kenny, look what happens when there's no Premiership games. In truth, nothing that shouldn't be able to be fitted in any other week.

I'm surprised there isn't reporters sent to the OF training grounds, you know to report if the caretaker has a new boilersuit or reporting on the delivery of a new tractor.

Cutting edge sports journalism, the stuff that people really want to know before there's a "change of pace" later in the show.

A genuine disgrace. Chucked it in after Newcastle game with intention of listening to whole show as no obvious 3pm game to follow. f**k me. Still talking about an irrelevant refereeing incident from last week

I used to think BBC was a cut above Clyde 1 because of the coverage of all of Scottish football and not just an old firm centric, phone in for losers

I'm not misremembering that, am I? It has been a distinct change over the years?

On 03/01/2024 at 09:08, Dons_1988 said:

I mean mrs browns boys I’m told is popular. Who am I to judge. 

For every Kenny McIntyre there's a Richard Gordon. 

For every Mrs Brown's Boys, there's a Still Game.

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

Kenny McIntyre comes on after the news - "the top clubs are on their winter break but there is plenty VAR discussion...."  click off

They did a quick 15 minutes of round the grounds and the team lines then got on to their priorities.

Wow.

That's the first time I've listened to a stretch of the pre-match stuff in a while.  It was incredible.  It sounds like a complete parody, a satire of national sports coverage.

Kenny McIntyre's first words of the show at 2pm were about the VAR nonsense.  Tom English came in then and everyone agreed that the entire controversy, the one these cretins were needlessly stoking, was a bit mad.

We then had a quick birl round some Championship grounds, but got back to OF VAR by 2.15pm.  They then literally mentioned nothing else at all - I'm not kidding or exaggerating here - until 2.55pm.  

It's mindless, insulting shit from beginning to end.  To describe it as tabloidy is to be very unfair on the red tops.

Absolute bloody rubbish.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Wow.

That's the first time I've listened to a stretch of the pre-match stuff in a while.  It was incredible.  It sounds like a complete parody, a satire of national sports coverage.

Kenny McIntyre's first words of the show at 2pm were about the VAR nonsense.  Tom English came in then and everyone agreed that the entire controversy, the one these cretins were needlessly stoking, was a bit mad.

We then had a quick birl round some Championship grounds, but got back to OF VAR by 2.15pm.  They then literally mentioned nothing else at all - I'm not kidding or exaggerating here - until 2.55pm.  

It's mindless, insulting shit from beginning to end.  To describe it as tabloidy is to be very unfair on the red tops.

Absolute bloody rubbish.  

Totally agree.  I am sure I heard English say "I can't believe we are still talking about this (VAR)"  Well don't....it;s that easy

46 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Totally agree.  I am sure I heard English say "I can't believe we are still talking about this (VAR)"  Well don't....it;s that easy

Yip.

When they eventually got back to today's games, McIntyre actually said, without irony, that there was no VAR in play today thankfully, so they couldn't discuss it.

It's not even just the topic - it's the standard of analysis.  The ref they had on, Steve Conroy, played down the idea of this being an OF thing when it was raised, saying it's just that they've got more fans. We then got that chap known as Biscuits, suggesting that refs know the rules but not the game, and that we need cretinous ex-players involved.

It's the worst kind of chat between the sort of old twats you'd strive to avoid in a pub.

It genuinely makes me angrier than I should let it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

The show is on until 7pm tonight is it not? Have they genuinely decided that since they can't spend an hour talking about the OF that they'll just play music and picking celebrity picks? 3rd song in a row we've had...

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The show is on until 7pm tonight is it not? Have they genuinely decided that since they can't spend an hour talking about the OF that they'll just play music and picking celebrity picks? 3rd song in a row we've had...

They do that every week now 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Just pure laziness then. f**k sake.

Yup. Either extend the show and talk about football or just leave it finishing when it used to. Shambles of a program now. 

Is there still some of the panel in the studio in the last hour? They've played an absolute blinder here finishing the last hour of your shift with your feet up listening to music, probs cracking a can between tracks.

How much of an audience is there for this extended programme? When you hear it advertised it's a clip show of that ghastly "I just can't wait til Saturday" song mixed in with clips of hilarious banter from The Gang, it's about the least appealing thing imaginable to me.