Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

I've managed to get to the Semi's of the CL on my Celtic save.

Got a group that had Juventus, Real Madrid & Sporting Lisbon in it, managed to finish top with 4 wins a draw and a defeat.

Got drawn with Arsenal in the first knockout round, got beaten 2-1.

Second leg was a nightmare as I lost Scott brown to a red card in the 40th minute.

Cue absolute scenes when I levelled the tie (away goals in my favour) on 71 minutes through Bannan then sealed it with a Dybala winner in the 80th minute, with 10 men!

Next round was drawn against Bayern Munich, shiting myself.

Somehow scraped a 3-2 win away in the first leg, another late winner in the 82nd minute again Bannan popping up when needed, 2nd leg was a 2-2 draw and we progressed to the Semi finals.

The semi finalists were Celtic, PSG, Porto & Real Madrid.

I drew Porto and thought if we played the same way we have through this competition (and domestically, winning the league cup, only losing once in the league and getting knocked out the Scottish cup both by fucking Caley Thistle) we would make the final.

First leg was an absolute disaster, 4-0 defeat with 3 of the goals coming after 80 minutes.

Second leg I just couldn't be arsed, cue utter utter scenes when Guidetti scored a hat trick and a Griffiths goal meant we levelled the tie before half time, fucking buzzing.

Second half, we take the lead, honestly cannot believe what's unfolding.

Then Porto equalise, that's it game over.

Or so I thought, 83 minutes, we win a penalty.

Score this and we're through.

Up steps Griffiths, keeper dives the wrong way..

BOOM!!! Off the bar and out, fucking seethe.

Porto go up the park and score, Celtic winning 5-2 on the night but losing 6-5 overall.

Scenarios like that really take the fun out of the game, I'm gutted after that.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've managed to get to the Semi's of the CL on my Celtic save.

Got a group that had Juventus, Real Madrid & Sporting Lisbon in it, managed to finish top with 4 wins a draw and a defeat.

Got drawn with Arsenal in the first knockout round, got beaten 2-1.

Second leg was a nightmare as I lost Scott brown to a red card in the 40th minute.

Cue absolute scenes when I levelled the tie (away goals in my favour) on 71 minutes through Bannan then sealed it with a Dybala winner in the 80th minute, with 10 men!

Next round was drawn against Bayern Munich, shiting myself.

Somehow scraped a 3-2 win away in the first leg, another late winner in the 82nd minute again Bannan popping up when needed, 2nd leg was a 2-2 draw and we progressed to the Semi finals.

The semi finalists were Celtic, PSG, Porto & Real Madrid.

I drew Porto and thought if we played the same way we have through this competition (and domestically, winning the league cup, only losing once in the league and getting knocked out the Scottish cup both by fucking Caley Thistle) we would make the final.

First leg was an absolute disaster, 4-0 defeat with 3 of the goals coming after 80 minutes.

Second leg I just couldn't be arsed, cue utter utter scenes when Guidetti scored a hat trick and a Griffiths goal meant we levelled the tie before half time, fucking buzzing.

Second half, we take the lead, honestly cannot believe what's unfolding.

Then Porto equalise, that's it game over.

Or so I thought, 83 minutes, we win a penalty.

Score this and we're through.

Up steps Griffiths, keeper dives the wrong way..

BOOM!!! Off the bar and out, fucking seethe.

Porto go up the park and score, Celtic winning 5-2 on the night but losing 6-5 overall.

Scenarios like that really take the fun out of the game, I'm gutted after that.

Sounds like you are fitting right in, FM doesn't ask what religion you are though so how do the fans know whether to turn on you or not?

I found when i was following my coaches advice and training people to specific attributes, the players were becoming unhappy with training. I think i just train them generally now

My watford save has taken a turn for the bettwr. In my third season. After finishing 15th in my first season in the epl, i had a clear out of my squad and thought i had one that could push on for top ten at worst. I didnt win a game in my first ten games, albeit i had to play the top 8 sides in a row. I was sitting at the bottom with pressure on me.

I then changed my formation and tactics and since not lost on ten including sticking 4 past man u and arsenal. This sees me sitting 13th but the team is on fire so top ten looks good. Just about to freshen squad up in january window as well

I'm not looking forward to the new season, my squad are just not good enough. I would consider us a mid-table championship squad with the infrastructure of a league 2 team.

I find myself stuck in a conundrum of whether to sign seasoned pro's and consolidate or use the players that have gotten me through the leagues and sign a shit load of high potential youngsters.

I went for youngsters. Even broke watfords transfer record to sign odegaard for £32m and he is bossing it. Got loads of teams now interested in my players so may end up selling for a profit and replace with others.

I'm now at a loss on what to do.. do i continue with my attacking 4-1-3-2-1 or do i change it to be a little more defensive.

f**k !

Hang on you played 12 players and still lost? :lol:

The only way I survived in that league with crap players is by playing 5-3-1-1 effectively and shitfesting the first season until I can bring better players in.

Luka Jovic turns into some striker. Available for £1m from Crvena Zvezda at the start, take three transfer windows for him to transfer though as he's only 16.

Doing a save with Albion Rovers, at the end of the season i released Kyle Turnball as he was asking for £200 pw to stay on.

Signed him in pre-season on £55pw.

post-12513-0-24614500-1430671805_thumb.j

attachicon.gifteam.jpg

attachicon.giftables.jpg

First season at Swansea - not bad.

Decent effort.

I am coming to the end of my third season with watford, my second in the epl. Got two games left and hovering around 10th and 11th, which, considering I did not win my first game until about 8-9 games into the season, is pretty pleasing. I went through a really long unbeaten stretch and then suddenly became so inconsistent. I would win 5-0 one game and then lose 3-2 to the bottom team.

Got a decent core squad although a lot of my players are interesting teams so may be hard to keep hold of them. Be interesting to see my budget for the season as running at a loss for the season although my money at the end of the season will clear that out.

John soutar is currently at norwich and has been noted as a wonderkid. May have to buy him as his stats look pretty dece.

Oh and I have been offered job interviews for most jobs that have came up. Wenger is retiring and arsenal look like they may get taken over by a billionaire who wants to invest huge sums of money. I am one of the favourites for the job but doubt i would take it

Decent effort.

I am coming to the end of my third season with watford, my second in the epl. Got two games left and hovering around 10th and 11th, which, considering I did not win my first game until about 8-9 games into the season, is pretty pleasing. I went through a really long unbeaten stretch and then suddenly became so inconsistent. I would win 5-0 one game and then lose 3-2 to the bottom team.

Got a decent core squad although a lot of my players are interesting teams so may be hard to keep hold of them. Be interesting to see my budget for the season as running at a loss for the season although my money at the end of the season will clear that out.

John soutar is currently at norwich and has been noted as a wonderkid. May have to buy him as his stats look pretty dece.

Every time I do a save with a mid table EPL side I always over achieve in my first season, without fail.

Although i had a shit season i'm actually not that bothered about getting relegated.

The amount of money that i've accumulated has been almost farcical. 90m alone for TV rights.

This has enabled the board to give me some real cash to spunk in the transfer market to add some quality to a threadbare squad and build my facilities up to some sort of standard worthy of the english league. Still not had any promising regens though but its still early doors, maybe next season or the season after that i hope to see some trickle in.

I should be in much better shape now for if and when i get promoted again.

I played my same formation but switched to counter attack instead of attacking.. if i get promoted this season i will continue to attack the following season in the premier as i feel we just sat back and invited trouble even against our relegation rivals, i was that scared of losing.

Oh well a season in the championship it is... just hope i can bounce right back up at first time of asking.

I would have advised to spend absolutely nothing when you got promoted, take a seasons worth of EPL cash without blowing it on wages and transfer fees/bonuses. Aye you'll get relegated but with a few key signings upon relegation you should breeze the Championship and have saved yourself a fortune in the process - I did this in my Dagenham save and won the EPL in my first season back up.

Edit; should probably have read your post :lol:

Not really going anywhere with Sheffield United atm, finished mid table in my first season and looks like it'll be there or there abouts again in the second season, struggling to get good enough players with the money I'm getting. Despite being fucking minted the board are really stingy with their money, and players I do sign that the scouts think are a "Leading player for most Premier League sides", actually end up being pretty pish. Need to decide if I'll wait until getting the sack or just start looking for a new club now... Fun times ahead.

Sold Jonjo Shelvey (£25m), Wayne Routledge (£6.5m) and Ashley Richards (£675k) so far. Brought in Dennis Praet for £18.75m leaving me with £27.7m left. Not sure who else to bring in, I don't like having more than 20 players in my first team pool so if I do buy I will sell their replacement. Any recommendations?

Archived