Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite enjoying this save, started as Scotland and via a 30 day stay at Hoffenheim joined Aberdeen in March 2016 and finished 4th.

Currently on 15th of January 2017 and this is how the league is looking

post-49094-0-98160800-1433083500_thumb.p

Hopefully can hold on to the lead, played Celtic in December, they were 1-0 up with 10 to play and would've been 2 points behind, we ended up stealing it 2-1 at the end and now built up a 10 point lead.

this is even more pleasing

post-49094-0-10413300-1433083484_thumb.p

nice to see 5 of my players as the top 5 average rating in the league, Joshua Onomah from Spurs (on loan unfortunately) is cracking in a 3 man midfield as a DLP.

What's a bit strange is that Sam Gallagher & Adam Rooney aren't in the top 5 despite being the highest scorers in the league, Rooney especially.

post-49094-0-67554000-1433083770_thumb.p

Signed this guy for £775k from Real Madrid. Assistant says he's a world class player 8)

post-6423-0-67826300-1433118736_thumb.jp

Ps is there a way to get a scout to do a report on your own player? I have a 20 CA and 20 PA scout I want to have a look at. Can't find the report I did before I signed him.

All my players must have at least 15 for acceleration, pace, natural fitness, stamina and determination or they don't get in.

Even the goalie?

:unsure2:

Went to Arsenal from Sheffield United at the end of the season and lasted a long 6 months before getting the sack despite only losing 2 competitive games and being top of the league (Man City in the league, Dynamo Kyiv in Europa League despite already clinching 1st in the group), signed Fernando Llorente as a backup since Arsenal's 3 best strikers were injured and he got pissed about not getting game time and I got sacked for breaking promises...

Liverpool manager took the Arsenal job so I've took over at Liverpool, not as good a squad and 3rd when I joined but in the Champions League. Managed to win the Capital One Cup and managed to close the gap between us and Arsenal to 2 points.

Play Arsenal in the 5th last game of the season, would fucking love it if I manage to win the league then. Maybe I let this game get to me too much...

I picked up a save that I hadn't played since the turn of the year and I'm not in a love-hate relationship with it.

I've guided Thistle to three titles in a row and have made a bit of progress in the Champions League reaching the Last 16 for the first time ever.

However, I have not once been able to play my strongest side with injury after injury piling up. In one game I had to go with just a g/k sub and six rubbish under 20s on the bench. It's just ridiculous.

I picked up a save that I hadn't played since the turn of the year and I'm not in a love-hate relationship with it.

I've guided Thistle to three titles in a row and have made a bit of progress in the Champions League reaching the Last 16 for the first time ever.

However, I have not once been able to play my strongest side with injury after injury piling up. In one game I had to go with just a g/k sub and six rubbish under 20s on the bench. It's just ridiculous.

I've found this exactly. I've built a quality squad but fixture congestion means I can rarely play my strongest team or make progress in Europe.

Other than this I've sold Griffiths for £5m to Charlton and MacLeod for £10m to Liverpool, and I've only been able to spend £1.7m of it.

Anyone done the Director of Football Challenge?

Its intriguing me tbh. You are allowed to hire the Director of Football if you wish, or hand it over to a Managing Director. After that you're only in charge of squad selection and tactics. Every aspect of transfers in and out is dealt with by the DoF, as are all the contract extensions, as are all the staff incomings and departures. If you meddle in anything outwith your jurisdiction then you fail.

It seems a fun one, as a shite DoF could land with you with some awful players, but then again I've seen some who sign players you'd never think of getting for the price they can, sometimes they can sniff out wonderkids you've never heard of. Problem is you can't fight off bigger clubs (if you start small) for your prized assets as easy.

I took over Burnley when they were already 15 matches into the season. They were 21st in the Championship and the chairman asked me to make sure that they finished in a top-half position. I was successful and led them to an 11th place finish, just 5 points below the play-off positions. A decent season IMO, once again underlining what a fantastic manager I am.

However, I felt under pressure from the very moment I took over as Burnley manager. Despite having a decent win ratio, the board constantly informed me that I was 'insecure' in my job. They did this after every match, saying that they were disappointed that I was below the mid-table positions. What did they expect?! BURNLEY WERE 21st WHEN I ARRIVED! IT'S OBVIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE MORE THAN A FUCKING FORTNIGHT TO GET THEM INTO THE TOP HALF! JUST LET ME GET ON WITH MY JOB AND I'LL ENSURE A TOP-HALF FINISH BY THE END OF THE SEASON, LIKE YOU FUCKING ASKED ME TO.

Anyway, I succeeded. Another target accomplished. I only had one year left on my contract so I asked the chairman for a 1-year extension. He refused because he was still 'unimpressed'. After a pretty poor start to the next league campaign, I decided to resign and look elsewhere for a club who would appreciate my talents more than Burnley and not make me feel under pressure from the very moment I step through the doors. It's been a long season of applications and managerial interviews. I've been interviewed by West Ham, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Charlton and even The Rangers. I was offered the job by Middlesbrough and Charlton but decided to turn it down. St. Johnstone then offered me the chance to return.. It was tempting, but I looked at their god-awful squad and knew I couldn't do much to polish that particular turd.

I've gone to Leicester. With four games remaining, they're one point below the play-off positions in the Championship. They've asked me to get them there. I have a two-year contract and they seemed very keen to have me. I didn't even apply for the job. We're in a head-to-head race against Burnley to reach the play-offs. It would be very pleasing to knock them off their high horses.

I took over Burnley when they were already 15 matches into the season. They were 21st in the Championship and the chairman asked me to make sure that they finished in a top-half position. I was successful and led them to an 11th place finish, just 5 points below the play-off positions. A decent season IMO, once again underlining what a fantastic manager I am.

However, I felt under pressure from the very moment I took over as Burnley manager. Despite having a decent win ratio, the board constantly informed me that I was 'insecure' in my job. They did this after every match, saying that they were disappointed that I was below the mid-table positions. What did they expect?! BURNLEY WERE 21st WHEN I ARRIVED! IT'S OBVIOUSLY GOING TO TAKE MORE THAN A FUCKING FORTNIGHT TO GET THEM INTO THE TOP HALF! JUST LET ME GET ON WITH MY JOB AND I'LL ENSURE A TOP-HALF FINISH BY THE END OF THE SEASON, LIKE YOU FUCKING ASKED ME TO.

Anyway, I succeeded. Another target accomplished. I only had one year left on my contract so I asked the chairman for a 1-year extension. He refused because he was still 'unimpressed'. After a pretty poor start to the next league campaign, I decided to resign and look elsewhere for a club who would appreciate my talents more than Burnley and not make me feel under pressure from the very moment I step through the doors. It's been a long season of applications and managerial interviews. I've been interviewed by West Ham, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Norwich, Charlton and even The Rangers. I was offered the job by Middlesbrough and Charlton but decided to turn it down. St. Johnstone then offered me the chance to return.. It was tempting, but I looked at their god-awful squad and knew I couldn't do much to polish that particular turd.

I've gone to Leicester. With four games remaining, they're one point below the play-off positions in the Championship. They've asked me to get them there. I have a two-year contract and they seemed very keen to have me. I didn't even apply for the job. We're in a head-to-head race against Burnley to reach the play-offs. It would be very pleasing to knock them off their high horses.

I found this in the English Championship too, rather realistically its an absolutely brutal league to manage in.

Anyone done the Director of Football Challenge?

Its intriguing me tbh. You are allowed to hire the Director of Football if you wish, or hand it over to a Managing Director. After that you're only in charge of squad selection and tactics. Every aspect of transfers in and out is dealt with by the DoF, as are all the contract extensions, as are all the staff incomings and departures. If you meddle in anything outwith your jurisdiction then you fail.

It seems a fun one, as a shite DoF could land with you with some awful players, but then again I've seen some who sign players you'd never think of getting for the price they can, sometimes they can sniff out wonderkids you've never heard of. Problem is you can't fight off bigger clubs (if you start small) for your prized assets as easy.

Inbox_%20%20Inbox_zps52bvvkcs.png

Maybe its not such a great idea...

Topped the qualifying group with Scotland and got drawn with England, Germany and Ireland in the Euros :lol:

I did beat the Germans 3-0 at Hampden in the groups (and 1-1 away) so I can beat them. Scotland and England fans en mass to France for a Euros finals game, can just imagine the travel chaos :lol:

Archived