Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

I usually leave my backroom staff alone until their contract is up then see if anyone better's available even if someone's a bit shit when I first go in I give them time for their stats to improve and let them go on courses. Can't be arsed with it for the most part.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers - just as well I started in 2014.

I just went with the default database. Strømgodset are strolling the league without Ødegaard as it is, and I didn't fancy giving them the inevitable £5m+ heroin shot with the sale of Ødegaard :lol: maybe that's cheating a little.

Went with Start - predicted to finish 13th, board wanted mid table; currently 4th about a third of the way through season one. Finances aren't great, so it'll be a nice challenge to see if I can keep this up.

There are some absolute under 100k young talent steals from the Tippeligaen and the first division in Norway, if anyone is in need of transfer inspiration.

Erm, yeah, about that:

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-29%20at%2017.45.

I spoke too soon. :lol: (Maybe.)

Came back to this: I've finished second, and I'm in the cup final against Brann.

Screen%20Shot%202015-06-28%20at%2013.57.

Pretty pleased at that. Had to contend with my best players whining they wanted to move to powerhouses such as Eibar, Maccabi Tel Aviv and Jeonbuk Motors. Made a nice profit on some of them, and reinvested relatively small amounts on a couple of players from the division below who have stepped up marvellously. I've also got quite a few youth players who are good enough for the first team, so I wasn't hampered too much.

Not used to having the off season during winter, so transfer dealings and reshaping the squad should be interesting.

Considering buying a youngster with the surname Begby from Rosenborg, purely so I can shout "MIND THE CAIRDS" whenever he puts a reckless challenge in.

My save has seen all my players names randomly changed to made up ones. Despite when I saved it being the actual names. Jose Mourinho is now Anton Sanjurjo. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone actually use that option when they start a save?

The missus was wondering what the fuss was about FM. So she started a game. Went U. Cluj in the Romania Liga I who were predicted to finish 13th and board wanter her to steer clear of relegation. She took a wee while getting into it "WHY CAN'T I JUST TELL HIM TO PLAY THERE AND SCORE GOALS!" but was determind to build a team entirely made of Transylvanians and win the league in her first season.

She's gonna fail but I like her ideologies. As quasi-racist as they are

Tried to start a 'realistic' game with my own club, sorting teams/divisions/transfers as if it was today. Managed to scrape promotion in the Championship in my first season, mainly thanks to a cracking season of assists/goals from Stevie Mallan.

Second season in and it's summer transfer deadline day, comfortably mid-table after 6 games & I'm a 'goalie short of having a full, healthy squad; ask the board to extend the budget slightly to accommodate said 'keeper and they double my wage budget to £28000, feel like it's taken a lot of fun and realism out of the game, almost making it too easy to succeed.

Anyone else had this?

In my Ebbsfleet save Mallan stays his entire career at st mirren who became a championship team.

In my st mirren save.. he gets picked before McGinn resulting in McGinn getting punted in the first transfer window

BCVDMio.png

The Scottish Sooper league file is great fun. Huge money flying around all over the place.

Halfway through the third season and my St. Mirren side are pushing for the title. And no wonder! We're a fantastic side.

My team generally looks like:

Gk - Sosa

Rb - Jason Naismith

Cb - Andre Wisdom

Cb - John Soutar

Lb - Oh-jun Hyuk

Dm - Kenny McLean

Cm - Ryan Gauld

Cm - Dennis Suarez

Cf - Kenedy

Cf - Thorgan Hazard

Cf - Mitotic

Subs include Nick Poxwell, John McGinn, Isma Goncalves, Antonio Parades, Jean marie Dongou and am assortment of young regen talent

Playing this with Dundee Fc. Driving me nuts !

Cant keep a clean sheet depsite my best efforts. Played 2 seasons and conceded a goal in every single game I've played. Tried putting 5 across the back. Defensive midfielders galore and even employed leveins 4 -6 -0 formation. Tried every tactic under the sun.

Nae luck. Every game I concede a goal . I have to win by scoring about 4 goals. Thankfully , Clarkson is on fire - 40 goals in 2 seasons.

How do I stop the opposition scoring? Please tell me so I can stop shouting at the laptop.

Playing this with Dundee Fc. Driving me nuts !

Cant keep a clean sheet depsite my best efforts. Played 2 seasons and conceded a goal in every single game I've played. Tried putting 5 across the back. Defensive midfielders galore and even employed leveins 4 -6 -0 formation. Tried every tactic under the sun.

Nae luck. Every game I concede a goal . I have to win by scoring about 4 goals. Thankfully , Clarkson is on fire - 40 goals in 2 seasons.

How do I stop the opposition scoring? Please tell me so I can stop shouting at the laptop.

You can't just overload the defence and hope that'll stem it. Your defence and midfield have to be balanced as such that they provide cover. If you can post a screenshot of your tactic then maybe we could help.

The Scottish Sooper league file is great fun. Huge money flying around all over the place.

Halfway through the third season and my St. Mirren side are pushing for the title. And no wonder! We're a fantastic side.

My team generally looks like:

Gk - Sosa

Rb - Jason Naismith

Cb - Andre Wisdom

Cb - John Soutar

Lb - Oh-jun Hyuk

Dm - Kenny McLean

Cm - Ryan Gauld

Cm - Dennis Suarez

Cf - Kenedy

Cf - Thorgan Hazard

Cf - Mitotic

Subs include Nick Poxwell, John McGinn, Isma Goncalves, Antonio Parades, Jean marie Dongou and am assortment of young regen talent

Love the Sooper league save.

Must get back into mine.

Archived