Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

Assertive if you have a squad of world class players with determined personalities. Cautious when you deal with them individually though.

Always speak to the uppity youths assertively though; they always back down.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate using cautious, always picture my manager shuffling up next to the player and stuttering and mumbling his way through telling him to shut up or be punted.

Passionate is the way to go, beating your chest and kissing the badge as you tell them to stop running with the ball down the left

I have been Grimsby for 6 seasons, took them from the Conference to the EPL through the play-offs. During that time, I've only became an icon rather than a legend. And the club aren't willing to invest upon the extremely basic training facilities or poor youth facilities we have. Instead they've decided to loan £20.5 million (The club is only worth £5.5 million) to build a completely unnecessary new stadium.

What happens to the supposed richest game in the world? The club hasn't seen a penny of it. Oh, and they've also CUT my wage and transfer budget to pretty much what I've got ie, £0 for transfers and £80k for wages (Which is what I had already).

Fuming as there is no way we're going to be anything other than whipping boys. Being honest, we have a top end League One side that just had a crazy season and only got into a play-off spot because the league was so tight and we won our last 4 games.

How do you get the better of a 3-5-2? In my long term Saints save I've virtually got the better of most set ups, and can win against any side in the league now, but I simply cannot get the better of Celtic. It doesnt help they constantly unsettle my best players (and sign a couple), but squad v squad we probably should be winning more than we are. My record since my return is horrific.

They line up with three central defenders, a flat five in midfield (looks like wide midfielders, two central/attacking midfielders and a deep lying playmaker), and two up front (a deeper forward and an advanced forward)

I've tried a 4-1-4-1, a 4-2-3-1, a 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1. High pressing game, no pressing game, long ball, short passes, high tempo, low tempo. Thinking about 3-5-2 but their two up front would obliterate my three defenders. This problems been going on for around seven seasons now.

How about a combination of: wingers; clear ball to flanks; use width; run at defence; direct passing; counter?

I'll try it next time, usually set up 4-1-4-1, so I'll try it with that first.

Sacked from Grimsby after issuing an ultimatum. Saved it beforehand just in case but holidayed it for a whole to see who they'd appoint and how they'd do. They appointed Gareth Southgate and never won a game until January and being put out of both cups by a league one sides.

After 12 games going not to bad. Went on a run of 7 games without a defeat, unfortunately at the same time I went on a 6 games without a win.

The run ended with me being smashed 9-0 by Real Madrid away. Have followed that up with a draw against Sociedad and win against Sevilla.

PSV%20v%20St.%20Johnstone_%20Pitch%20Ful

Scenes. And it put us into the 2nd round of the Europa League.

Board refuse to offer me a new contract, despite the fact we're about to finish in the top four, and get Europe, for the sixth consecutive season. We were massive favourites for relegation when I took over.

The only time I speak anything other than calmly to my players is when I passionately tell them that we're going to win the title the following season. The more successful you are as a manager the less it all seems to matter.

Anyway I've started as Partizan Belgrade because I wanted to try something new and they have a bunch of brilliant youth players. Their goal at the start of the season is to win the title back from Red Star who brought Partizan's 6 in a row streak to an end, so a well-defined objective. I'll probably chuck it soon enough once I get fed up trying to remember my players' names.

PSV%20v%20St.%20Johnstone_%20Pitch%20Ful

Scenes. And it put us into the 2nd round of the Europa League.

Board refuse to offer me a new contract, despite the fact we're about to finish in the top four, and get Europe, for the sixth consecutive season. We were massive favourites for relegation when I took over.

'RandomAttempt at righting wrongs' thread for this pish.

'RandomAttempt at righting wrongs' thread for this pish.

:lol:

It gets lonely in there sometimes

I mostly use Assertive and it serves me pretty well, except in Derbies and the most important of games where I use passionate. If it's 0-0/1-1/2-2 or we're leading at HT I often just encourage them calmly.

Talking to them individually assertively never works - but I continue to do it for some reason. Like RandomGuy - even though my assistant recommends cautious most of the time - I pretty much never use it.

Archived