Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

How do you get the better of a 3-5-2? In my long term Saints save I've virtually got the better of most set ups, and can win against any side in the league now, but I simply cannot get the better of Celtic. It doesnt help they constantly unsettle my best players (and sign a couple), but squad v squad we probably should be winning more than we are. My record since my return is horrific.

Wide Target Man? Lee McCulloch the f**k out of it

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about a combination of: wingers; clear ball to flanks; use width; run at defence; direct passing; counter?

Celtic%20v%20St.%20Johnstone_%20Match%20

It might just work, was missing four certain starters which hindered me, but overall we matched them well once we'd settled into things. Doesnt help they have this triker Beveridge, whos scored 31 goals in 19 league games this season, and is incredibly overpowered for this league.

Managed to win the treble and went the whole league season unbeaten finishing on 102 points.

Stupidly decided to decimate my squad, got £10m for Wighton, £8.75 for McGinn, £5m for Loftus-Cheek & £2m for Reynolds.

So I've got a very large transfer budget but problem is every player I try and sign wants upwards of £15k a week and I'm not doing it.

Also doesn't help that despite consistently improving the youth facilities and my junior coaching budget I get absolutely f**k all through in terms of youth players.

Seriously considering chucking this save despite getting right into it, I've went back and forth between a few but this is the one I'm most into.

Sooper League 3rd season and it ended with a domestic double for the Saints. Only just though, as we almost blew a lead of 12 with 6 to play. I won the league from Aberdeen in the end with Hearts squeaking Celtic into 4th.

My Europa league campaign ended with a disappointing last 8 defeat to Celtic as the edged me 4-3 on aggregate.

Onto season four and although we're champions, my squad are having their heads turned by big bucks and it's being decimated. Kenedy, who I bought from Barca last season for £16m, had a non-negotiable £25m release in his contract which Schalke took on. Jean Marie-Dongou and Nick Powell hung about for a season apiece and went to Hull for £5m and £3.8m respectively. Andre Wisdom wanted to leave although was never vocal about it, but Arsenal and £11.5m saw him go. That's only so far, I have at least another 4 or 5 who could easily move on. I'm not that worried as I have plenty of expensive, if young replacements.

It really is such a fun save, the turnover of players is huge!

Managed to win the treble and went the whole league season unbeaten finishing on 102 points.

Stupidly decided to decimate my squad, got £10m for Wighton, £8.75 for McGinn, £5m for Loftus-Cheek & £2m for Reynolds.

So I've got a very large transfer budget but problem is every player I try and sign wants upwards of £15k a week and I'm not doing it.

Also doesn't help that despite consistently improving the youth facilities and my junior coaching budget I get absolutely f**k all through in terms of youth players.

Seriously considering chucking this save despite getting right into it, I've went back and forth between a few but this is the one I'm most into.

I've found this too. I'm only in 2020/21 but season-in, season-out I'm having to rebuild the squad and the wage budget is just going up and up. I'm struggling to have European success too, but it'll come, I hope.

Had a few exams this week and last so I'll be firing it up on Tuesday night and powering through to the end of this season.

So with a dozen games left in the league, sitting 17th (one place above relegation) I seemed to have lost the dressing room. The Mallorca job became available, so I applied and got that job. Back in Segunda but looking for promotion. Looks like up to third will gain automatic promotion due to Grenada "B" being top.

Are you Hibs? I have the exact same thing with the youth system producing absolutely f**k all and it makes me want to commit seppuku. Due to the Sooper League and regular European football I'm rolling in it but the youth team are still utter c***s.

Apologies as it's no doubt been asked, but what's this Sooper League?

It's a database in the Steam marketplace that makes the Scottish system a 2x20 team league and the TV/Prize money from top to bottom is almost on par with the English system. Completely unrealistic but loads of fun. Raith Rovers for example spent £44m last season and still went down.

My squad taking an absolute pummeling now. 8 days til window closes and I've taken in £93m of transfers, all because they all want to move to England. :(

Oh and Felix Passlack is an absolute monster of a player. He's brilliant in every single outfield position except centre half and striker. Got him on a free from Dortmund and he's still only 19

It's a database in the Steam marketplace that makes the Scottish system a 2x20 team league and the TV/Prize money from top to bottom is almost on par with the English system. Completely unrealistic but loads of fun. Raith Rovers for example spent £44m last season and still went down.

Cheers mate, will need to check that out.

Got this in my inbox.

i4jvdl.jpg

"Great" I thought, "A quality player staying and fighting for the cause in the Champions League. Sign him on a new contract with a £17m release fee"

Then I get this from the players...

2rdvwo6.jpg

A clever lot my team are.

This also amused me.

10iazrb.png

Should've learned their lesson first time round imo.

post-33542-0-45043900-1436182706_thumb.p

Juve have been doing my head in while I've been at Fiorentina so this was a good GIRUY. Reached the quarter finals in my first champions league and was hoping to build on that next season but I've only been given 4 million to spend so I doubt I'll be able to improve.

Got this in my inbox.

i4jvdl.jpg

"Great" I thought, "A quality player staying and fighting for the cause in the Champions League. Sign him on a new contract with a £17m release fee"

Then I get this from the players...

2rdvwo6.jpg

A clever lot my team are.

This also amused me.

10iazrb.png

Should've learned their lesson first time round imo.

Hold the phone...

Houston back at Tannadice.

Game is flawed.

Are you Hibs? I have the exact same thing with the youth system producing absolutely f**k all and it makes me want to commit seppuku. Due to the Sooper League and regular European football I'm rolling in it but the youth team are still utter c***s.

Nah, Aberdeen, just started season 18/19.

Got a left back who's displaced Jonny Hayes but apart from him the rest are all shite.

For some reason, since updating the Mac to Yosemite, I can't screenshot FM so here's my incomings and outgoings.

Season 2018/2019

In;

Damian Van Bruggen (Ajax, Free, CB)

Jari Shuurman - (Feyenoord, Free, CM)

Yassine Benzia - (Lyon, Free, ST)

Lewis MacLeod - (Brentford, Free, CM)

Dellatore - (Atletico Paranaense, £450k, ST)

Charly Musonda - (Chelsea, Free, CM)

Axel Ngando - (Stade Rennais, Free CM)

Ryan Jack - (Hull, £600k, CM)

Zakaria Bakkali - (Chelsea, £1.6m, ST)

Joshua Kimmich - (Bayern, £1.8m, CM)

Andreas Christensen - (Chelsea, Loan Extension, CB)

Out;

Craig Wighton - (Liverpool, £9.75m, ST)

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - (Reading, £5m, CM)

Mark Reynolds - (Ipswich, £2m, CB)

John McGinn - (Sunderland, £8.75m, CM)

Jonny Hayes - (Crystal Palace, £700k, LB)

Joshua Onomah - (Tottenham loan recall, CM) << gutted about losing him tbh.

and a host of youth players who's contract had expired and some out on loan.

Now, that looks like a load of centre midfielders (I use a 4-3-3 formation with 3 strikers, don't have use any wingers) however I've had to compensate for losing 2 of my 3 mainstays from last season in Onomah & McGinn, Scott Allan is the other one of the 3 and he's going nowhere.

Musonda & Kimmich are the ones staking their claim so far, tbh the only reason I signed Jack (he had been sold for £3m before I joined the club) was to comply with the European registration requirements for home grown players from your club.

Van Bruggen proving to be a very capable replacement for Reynolds so far whilst my regen LB has very comfortably replaced the aging Hayes.

My other 2 strikers I use are Ryan Seager (signed from Southampton for £115k in the winter window of 16/17) and Jerome Sinclair (signed on loan from Liverpool at start of 17/18 season, paid £2m to make it permanent in the winter window of that season) and they are fucking unreal.

Seager has 53 goals in 79 appearances (after a shaky first 6 months) and Sinclair has 38 goals in 59 appearances. Delaware's started well with 10 in 10.

Unless I can crack the group stages this season in the CL (board expectation is 1st knockout round :thumbsdown ) then I can see myself moving on from there.

Half way through the season and on course for the playoffs. Still think I can get automatic promotion though. This is despite an awful start, where a team rebellion basically happened and two board meetings to explain myself and our results.

Got through that so moving on forward.

Currently playing a cracking save with Stenhousemuir. 2nd season in and close to clinching promotion to the Championship, mainly thanks to my three signings having absolute stormers; Iain Campbell, Ross Millen & Filip Mentel.

Beaten to the Tranmere job by Emile fucking Heskey, though.

Archived