Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds easy to me.

You're massively handicapped by the hidden "chemistry" rating of your squad, which means regardless of who you can sign you'll likely struggle early on to get a decent performance, never mind result, and the board aren't all that willing to wait

Its in the workshop. You take charge of Steam FC in the EPL, they have a transfer budget of £800m, and a wage budget of £5m.

You start with no players, and no European football to tempt players, only the bare staff, and a board who'll expect you to challenge for the title straight away. More interesting than it maybe sounds.

It's fucking impossible to sign half decent players.

Southampton wanting £52m for Clyne and West Brom wanting £74m for Berahino :lol:

Perfect, cheers! Also, anyone downloaded the world mega pack on that website, any good at all?

Went to bed far too early last night and I've been up about an hour now, bored out of my skull - tried starting a new game with Thistle having not played FM in months but got bored really quickly. Then I remembered playing as Maryhill Juniors in last years FM on a lower league database and having great fun, so I had a quick search of this thread for the word "database" and this came up - looks great, cheers for the link!

No Maryhill Juniors to go as, but I'll start from the very bottom and try to see how far I can get.

It's fucking impossible to sign half decent players.

Southampton wanting £52m for Clyne and West Brom wanting £74m for Berahino :lol:

Yup. I ended up with a backline of Hutton, Wiliams, Stones and Jose Emrique :lol:

Absolutely smashed the league this season, Cup performance was dire, quarter final exits in both to Dundee Utd (League Cup) and a horrendous 3-1 defeat to Motherwell in the Scots Cup.

1zch4js.png

This lad is a fantastic SPL player. Got him on a bosman from Man Utd, I had him on loan when he was 17 and he did absolutely nothing, but he's come on something else. Really reliable deep lying forward.

2v2h95l.png

9hO8pHb.jpg?1

giphy.gif

About to sit down and play this now. It's probably one of the most glamorous ties I've ever played on FM given the time and effort I put into Thistle, and the potential for revenge for sacking me - right before a fucking Cup final - before I could leave dignifiedly.

I should really see it out no bother, I'm currently top of Serie A and holding off the challenge of a very strong Juventus side. I also won my Champions League group with 14 points.

Thistle are still dominant in Scotland but nowhere near as convincing as they were. It's a miracle they're even in the knockout stage having finished on a joint 7 points with 3rd and 4th place, and qualifying in 2nd despite a 5-1 trouncing by Napoli on matchday 6.

They do have a couple of tasty wingers though who I've been thinking of signing, some damage could be done against my dodgy right back. I'm also having to give my reserve keeper his first start of the season and will be playing a 17 year old at centre half.

Not sure whether I'd prefer breaking their hearts with a last minute winner in the second leg, or whether to just give them a good trouncing.

I had him on my Clyde save, maybe around the same time as you but he was gash. Loaned him to Newport County before releasing him.

I imagine I'll lose him in the summer, after one season I missed out on Calvin Miller after a successful loan with us to QPR for £5m, Isaiah Brown (on free from Chelsea) to QPR for £5m, so I imagine he'll be going to QPR for £5m.

I'm obsessed with the "moneyball" idea just now. Started a new Saints save to see how it works in Scottish football. Kris Doolan is the absolute "moneyball" dream early on

First team for Steam FC :lol:

Ron Robert Zieler

Mikeal Lustig

Winston Reid

Gerard Pique

Jordi Alba

Victor Wanyama

Mathieu Flamini

Ashley Westwood

Pione Sisto

Raheem Sterling

Jason Cummings

dat midfield tho.

:lol:

I have...

Krul

Hutton

Stones

Williams

Targett

Tiote

Shelvey

Schneiderlin

Redmond

Sterling

Volland

January will see me add Lloris, Laporte, Mario Fernandes, James McCarthy and Vietto

Archived