Football Manager 2015

KilliePie

Do you gents generally change your formation every season if you feel the computer is getting used to it?

I've noticed it a lot more this year that they're coming to grips with my tactic after about a season, quite annoying trying to constantly re-do my winning tactic.

Also if anyone wants a corner routine that seems to add a few goals a season, let me know and i'll fire it up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've played 4-1-4-1 for about 30 years in my career, have a secondary tactic I'll switch too for a couple of games every season just to mix things up, but generally its kept working fine without being "sussed" out.

I have changed the roles within that formation a few times though, but not for ten seasons or so

I've played 4-1-4-1 for about 30 years in my career, have a secondary tactic I'll switch too for a couple of games every season just to mix things up, but generally its kept working fine without being "sussed" out.

I have changed the roles within that formation a few times though, but not for ten seasons or so

Trying to find the right role for Julian Draxler is the hardest thing about FM. He plays good as an Enganche, but he could be better. I'd play him out wide but Sidney Sam and Max Meyer have been unreal for me so I'm refusing to move them.

Just guided Dundee to the group stages of the Europa league. Pumped Genk in the Playoff 5-1 .

Thanks to who ever it was that said in this thread to use the aggressvie team talk, it is working wonders. I have also employed a John Barnes esque formation - 4-2-2-2. Greg Stewart and Wighton are playing off the two stikers and it is working wonders.

Unfortunately my star man Stracqualursi has just left for a pitiful 150k, (valued at 1.9 million ) the day after we made the group stages. He had a release clause in his contract and wouldnt sign a new one. I hate this guy now. That leaves me with 15 players for the season, and I think even with the big argie leaving , i can maybe have enough money to bring in two players maximum . The 43k wage budget is killing me. My star players are 33 year old Libyan international , Djamal , Paul McGowan and Wighton and Clarkson. Everyone else is utter pish.

My team at the moment is

Goalie - Alnwick

Defense - Irvine , Extabeguern , Schulerans, Monteyne

midfield . McGowan , Djamal , Wighton , Stewart

Strikers - Clarkson and ?

Year 5 in my Sooper league save and so far the positives are:

Champions again. Won a domestic treble and got to the Europa League final where I lost 2-1 to Chelsea in extra time.

Ourselves and Celtic carrying Scotland to the point where we now have an automatic place in the CL and one in the Europa League.

Three Scottish sides in the Europa league group stages. Dundee and Celtic joining Aberdeen who were knocked out of the playoff for the CL by Dortmund.

Made some excellent signings for a pittance. Leandro Acosta, Jeronimo Rulli, Guido Valdala, James Wilson and Alan Halilovic all coming in for a total outlay of about £13m

Negatives :

Players still desperate to move on to England. I've taken in £111m in transfer fees in pre-season from players who just don't want to be here. Means I need to fully bleed a new squad every season. Fun but frustrating.

Bayern just transfer listed half their team in my Schalke save and I've picked 5 of their players up.

Barcelona offered 52m for Meyer and 42m for Goretzka both if which were rejected obvs.

Won 5 cups last season, the super cup, league, german cup, world club cup and champs league.

Some team.

Hadn't played this for ages and revitalised my Duisburg career. Sat 5th in the league at Christmas which was fine but I needed a better start to things in the second half of the season to get promotion, which we so desperately need, as we're haemorrhaging money every month and I haven't had a single penny to spend.

Went 5 games without a win and I was starting to worry about my job. A wee change of tactics and somehow we starter to win games again. 13 game streak without losing (a fair few draws, tbh) and then we lost away to 3rd position. A 6-2 win at home to Hansa Rostock saw us take first on GD. Final game of the season is away to Bielefeld, who are 2nd. Both tied of 68 points. We're pretty much guaranteed to get promoted even if we finish 2nd (Chemnitz and Onsabruck (who ruined our unbeaten streak) are on 65 points) but it would be oh-so-sweet to beat Bielefeld and finish 1st - something that never happen IRL.

Duisburg top is on, another double whisky poured. Alkohol alcohol alcohol und der MSV.

Finished 1-0 to Bielefeld so they win the league. Disappointed by that, that a draw could have seen us win, but they were always favourites from the start and considering how poor we were for a considerable party of the season, I'm relatively happy with that, and it's funny how it mirrors real life events. Unsure where our run of form came to make us surge through the games but it happened. Conceded far too many and finished top scorers by a considerable distance, so I know where we need to improve for the Bundesliga 2. Just hope the debts are cleared and we're able to sign a player or two.

You use a pretty similar set up to me but dae ye not find going up against a 4-3-3 causes problems?

Not really. I struggle against whatever the f**k it is Hamburg play. Bunch of fucking idiots, that lot.

Glorious. I've just won the Championship play-off final after my second season in charge of Leicester. Hopefully my stock has just risen by a fair amount.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of wage rises in my squad following our promotion. Added to this, the board has reduced my wage budget from the previous season. I can only really maintain my promotion-winning squad rather than being able to add to it. However, I'm desperate for a decent back-up keeper. It's really a necessity. Is there any way of getting a loanee for absolutely no fee/wages whatsoever? I can't find anyone. :( The only option might be to get rid of a couple of my highest earners.

Started a season with Parma because they don't have the 19379 wonderkids that Schalke have. Been a difficult start. Using the same formation as my Schalke game so hopefully come good soon.

Archived