What's the point in life?

What course are you doing?

I'm finding it hard to decide to pick.

Computing & IT with Mathematics. Hoping to be able to become a programmer as (for various reasons) it's more practical for me to work from home these days. I've always been a hardware geek, but you really need to be mobile for that.

The OU claims to have the highest satisfaction ratings, and I can see why. Quality course materials and the staff are always around to help. And I've never even been to any of the face-to-face tutorials.

Aside from naked ladies, what are your interests?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything revolves around money. I earn a good wage for what I do but I either never have time to enjoy it or I'm tired after doing 5,6 sometimes 7 12 hour shifts per week. No job is enjoyable the best you can hope for is something that won't crush your soul as soon as you start. Some mornings I'm physically sick before work and when I get there I have people talking to me like a dog or assaulting me. I liked when I was a kid I could play all day have a laugh and not worry if my work are happy with me because if they ain't bye bye nice things hello job centre super noodles and Jeremy Kyle

moneys not an end in itself,its a means to an end.if getting that money means you have to put up with being assaulted,abused and the thought of making it makes you physically sick then you really need to do something else even if that curtails your spending power.my jobs reasonably paid,i dont particularly like it but i like my workmates and the craics good so i make the compromise and stick it out and will continue to do so for the last few years of my mrtgage.but at the end of the day my jobs just there to fund my outside life,if it starts ruining that then the job will cease to have a purpose and itll be canned

Agree about pensions, if you have ten years worth saved up just retire ten years early and spend it then get the state pension like all the other bums who never contributed a penny.

It's posts like this that make me totally content to live a life on the dole.

Archived