The Arbroath Thread

I think it's best to leave arranging any postponed game until at least the last week in February, to give it the best chance of going ahead. I'd be fairly pissed off if you got the time off work, made plans, maybe even booked bus/ train tickets and the game was called off several times in December/ January due to frozen pitches as is far more likely than in March/ April.

I'm not 100% sure if it is the clubs or the SPFL who decide when a game league game is rearranged for, I seem to remember this was discussed previously but can't remember the conclusion, but I think the SPFL at least get the final say and can force or veto when a game is played.

I think it's best to leave arranging any postponed game until at least the last week in February, to give it the best chance of going ahead. I'd be fairly pissed off if you got the time off work, made plans, maybe even booked bus/ train tickets and the game was called off several times in December/ January due to frozen pitches as is far more likely than in March/ April.

I'm not 100% sure if it is the clubs or the SPFL who decide when a game league game is rearranged for, I seem to remember this was discussed previously but can't remember the conclusion, but I think the SPFL at least get the final say and can force or veto when a game is played.

Do you remember when our Elgin game was rearranged for the Tuesday after the call off last December? What a horribly cold night that was. Only got the feeling back in my toes at Aberdeen

So Joao Victoria is still officially an Arbroath player but is on the transfer list. Hope the petulant Bawbag stays there until his contract runs out.

I am surprised we have not released him. Especially during the transfer window.

But lets not be too hasty. Remember Travis had a major fallout with the management and was loaned out. He managed to come back into the team later down the line after things cooled down.

Really doubt that would happen but stranger things have happened.

The reason I asked is because most fixtures seem to be sorted with a new date, even the Stirling V Montrose one that was cancelled Saturday has one.