The Arbroath Thread

You obviously don't pay enough attention if you think gold isn't getting game time. Not everyone can play every week and you need a squad for injuries and suspensions. I blame the lack of a reserve league for players getting fed up on the bench these days. I do agree a bit with Hester getting a bit upset that a young loan player walks straight into the team ahead of him.

Is the East Development league not for "reserves" where there is a number of over 21yr olds play? Arbroath chose not to play in it as well as not having youth teams. Only the club to blame for that.

Arbroath scrapped their youth set up a couple of years ago. With ot went the reserves as their wasnt enough players. I think Forfar are the only team out of us, them, Brechin and Montrose to have a youth setup.

I didnt like the fact we scrapped ours but it all came down to money as the SFA started to put money into development schools rather than individual clubs.

Is the East Development league not for "reserves" where there is a number of over 21yr olds play? Arbroath chose not to play in it as well as not having youth teams. Only the club to blame for that.

I believe that funding to clubs was drastically reduced for development when the SPL and SFL became the SPFL. The figure of us losing out to the tune of £50k was bandied around at the time as I recall. Can't see why the 4 Angus clubs don't play a mini reserve league amongst themselves with matches played as and when the club's decide. Costs would be minimal as not much travelling between the 4 towns.

I believe that funding to clubs was drastically reduced for development when the SPL and SFL became the SPFL. The figure of us losing out to the tune of £50k was bandied around at the time as I recall. Can't see why the 4 Angus clubs don't play a mini reserve league amongst themselves with matches played as and when the club's decide. Costs would be minimal as not much travelling between the 4 towns.

Not the worst idea, could probably get some Junior teams involved too.

29 points from our last 16 games would see us match last seasons points total - I think that's a reachable target as things stand. We still need to add a wee bit more depth before the window closes I think, but at this moment in time I'm confident we can reach the play offs as things stand.

Given the momentum we've built up over the last few games I'm not sure we need to strengthen more unless a real opportunity comes along. Right now we seem to have cover in all areas and competition for places. There are some like Munro and Sergio who should be busting a gut to get back in. That's got to be good.

Just out of interest how is Greg Rutherford doing for you? Saw glimpses of a player at Alloa but lack of chances and injuries stopped him.

​a slow start but the last few games, he has been superb

Just out of interest how is Greg Rutherford doing for you? Saw glimpses of a player at Alloa but lack of chances and injuries stopped him.

As Ecto said average first few games but since he has gotten games/fitness/sharpness he's looked shit hot. Some of the stuff he has done has been fantastic. Night and day from when he first joined.

Looks like all he needed was a good few games under his belt.