The Arbroath Thread

surely not, not keen, rarely works players returning to previous clubs

Seriously?

Its not he has been gone 10 years and is a totally different player, he has been gone half a season.

Would take him back in a heartbeat. Him and Whatley in the middle of the park. Offt.

I'm happy with our midfield just now so don't think signing Kev would be an upgrade.

Sometimes you need a hard enforcer in the middle ie Annan away and big Kev fits the bill. As said above no harm in signing him till the end of season.

I'm happy with our midfield just now so don't think signing Kev would be an upgrade.

​who would have thought it, the voice of reason, hell will freeze over ☺, but I do think we will attempt to sign him

Edited by ecto

Mixed feelings on resigning Kevin. He was great for us and very popular, but we have plenty of good midfielders right now so unless it's cover for defence then it might not work. I suppose a lot depends on how the established players feel about him fitting in.

Stewart and Whatley are the only real 2 we've got, Sergio and Gold play further forward. Also, Nicoll can play at the back if needed too, get him signed!!

Kevin Nicoll would be a tremendous signing for us. We're on a good run currently and I've been very impressed with our performances, but over the whole season we have underperformed in the centre of the park, and we really lack someone who can do the dirty work, break things up and really dig in and fight when we're struggling and under pressure. We have 15 games left, and as has been stated the only two players we have who can play in the holding midfield role are Keiran Stewart and Mark Whatley, Stewart has been struggling injury/ fitness wise for months and while I really like Mark Whatley, his performances levels have dropped from last season. He is also and leader and from what I have heard and seen he is very well liked in the dressing room.

Management should always be looking to improve the team, and I can't believe there is anyone who thinks Kevin Nicoll would not improve our options for the second half of the season.