The Arbroath Thread

I don't think mcwalter was that bad, just ridiculous how overrated he is by a lot of support because he's "one of our own"

See Dayle Robertson also when he was training with us pre season. Glad we went for Hester.

Chris Scott has been about the only one I really rated and thought could play week in week out for us but a shame it never turned out that way.

There's definitely a gap between youth/reserve football and League 2. And the younger players coming in need time to adjust and develop which they never seem to manage under the pressure to compete against competitive and experienced sides. I think Scott, McWalter and Robertson had the qualities to step up.

But there is an issue in drafting in inexperienced loan players from other clubs. True they may have slightly better skill levels and greater potential BUT they also need time to adapt and so struggle to be effective for some time. Young loan players were shown as a bit lightweight last weekend against E Fife and I worry a bit when we face the more physical sides like Queens and Annan. Also hope to be proved wrong but the lack of experience in all the recent loan signings is a concern

There's definitely a gap between youth/reserve football and League 2. And the younger players coming in need time to adjust and develop which they never seem to manage under the pressure to compete against competitive and experienced sides. I think Scott, McWalter and Robertson had the qualities to step up.

But there is an issue in drafting in inexperienced loan players from other clubs. True they may have slightly better skill levels and greater potential BUT they also need time to adapt and so struggle to be effective for some time. Young loan players were shown as a bit lightweight last weekend against E Fife and I worry a bit when we face the more physical sides like Queens and Annan. Also hope to be proved wrong but the lack of experience in all the recent loan signings is a concern

Very good valid point of view

I can only speak about Kiffy,he would have more than ready to step up, and I know I biased but he proved it so many times when Sheerin picked him, he played in first team and 19s game after game, even though he suffered terrible tradegys , the footy gave us a distraction

Edited by angus47

I can only speak about Kiffy,he would have more than ready to step up, and I know I biased but he proved it so many times when Sheerin picked him, he played in first team and 19s game after game, even though he suffered terrible tradegys , the footy gave u a distraction

I have no idea why he was let go after the pre season he had, very impressive even when at RB, played very well at Ibrox too. Best of the bunch for me.

Think Watson's injury is a bad one and with Ramsay seemingly walking out, it must be time for another emergency loan?!

Yay

Eta: hope Watson is ok!!!! Best of the loans by a mile and has a future at a decent level I think.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I have no idea why he was let go after the pre season he had, very impressive even when at RB, played very well at Ibrox too. Best of the bunch for me.

he chose to!! the chairman wanted him and asked him to stay, he knows reason he left, it wasny an easy decision but very mature lad made it , next season will give him options

Emergency loans!!! We should have a fuller squad so we don't end up with half a team of loan players. Amount of loan players at league 1 & 2 is becoming a joke imo.

Can't be many other teams, if any at all, that's had more loans than us the past 2 seasons? As far as I can see most clubs have a full squad of 18-20 with 2 or 3 on loan?

We were never that bad for them until Moore took over. Last 2 seasons we must've had at least 15?

Eta:

McCallum

Carreiro

McGeever

Easton

Rowan

Grant

El Zubaidi

Williams

Watson

Ramsey

Henry

Skelly

Rutherford

Ryan

Gordon

Feel like I'm missing somebody too..

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Can't be many other teams, if any at all, that's had more loans than us the past 2 seasons? As far as I can see most clubs have a full squad of 18-20 with 2 or 3 on loan?

We were never that bad for them until Moore took over. Last 2 seasons we must've had at least 15?

Eta:

McCallum

Carreiro

McGeever

Easton

Rowan

Grant

El Zubaidi

Williams

Watson

Ramsey

Henry

Skelly

Rutherford

Ryan

Feel like I'm missing somebody too..

Rutherford is not on loan

Eta:

McCallum

Carreiro

McGeever

Easton

Rowan

Grant

El Zubaidi

Williams

Watson

Ramsey

Henry