The Arbroath Thread

Kiffy been accepted into Dundee uni to study teaching, so be coming down the road end of May after his exams, he has managed 25 mins of uni games last 3 weeks, played rb and scored also set up the goals, now they on way to win the league in couple of weeks and got a cup final in 3 weeks.

Good to hear, all the best to him!!

Kiffy been accepted into Dundee uni to study teaching, so be coming down the road end of May after his exams, he has managed 25 mins of uni games last 3 weeks, played rb and scored also set up the goals, now they on way to win the league in couple of weeks and got a cup final in 3 weeks.

Would gladly welcome him back at the club. Looked a composed player when i seen him play. Made the odd error or 2 but didnt let it get him too down.

Our season ticket sales may be at an all time low next season if that's the case. Worst home record in the league won't help the crowds.

Aye, we'll need to stop getting local kids on at half time too, they'll not come back within a million miles of Gayfield.

Disappointed not to see kiffy play when I came to watch the lichties play that season. Wanted to see the lad in action. From the last bunch of afc youngsters to come through the ranks. Will we get any more.

Seeing as we no longer have a youth team...... Nope.

Do i think we need to bring back a youth team and start to play them in the squad ahead of crap loan signings and unimpressive senior players....... YES

It would be interesting to see how much it would cost to run a youth team and whether or not the fans would be interested in raising funds for it.

Would gladly welcome him back at the club. Looked a composed player when i seen him play. Made the odd error or 2 but didnt let it get him too down.

Thankyou he did make odd mistake but considering he was only 17, very heavy study at sch, doing numerous highers, also suffered deaths of his granddad, uncle and the worst his big brother being killed and also suffering glandular fever, playing under 19s games too, he did really well and deserved his pro contract. (I biased I know)

Disappointed not to see kiffy play when I came to watch the lichties play that season. Wanted to see the lad in action. From the last bunch of afc youngsters to come through the ranks. Will we get any more.

I miss him not playing either but now his injury is slowly improving, ill maybe get chance next season

Thankyou he did make odd mistake but considering he was only 17, very heavy study at sch, doing numerous highers, also suffered deaths of his granddad, uncle and the worst his big brother being killed and also suffering glandular fever, playing under 19s games too, he did really well and deserved his pro contract. (I biased I know)

Im sorry to hear about the difficult challenges he has faced in recent years. Hopefully the worst is behind him.

Wherever he may end up i wish him all the best.

Still don't understand fully why we scrapped our youth system, if Forfar can afford to run one surely we can?

I think losing the funding from the SFA made it too difficult financially to run.

But yeah if Montrose and Forfar can run teams. We should be able to.

Seeing as we no longer have a youth team...... Nope.

Do i think we need to bring back a youth team and start to play them in the squad ahead of crap loan signings and unimpressive senior players....... YES

It would be interesting to see how much it would cost to run a youth team and whether or not the fans would be interested in raising funds for it.

If we do start a youth set up dont let these two numpties near them,their enough to put young lads of playing football

If we do start a youth set up dont let these two numpties near them,their enough to put young lads of playing football

Better watch yourself, Hislop will be sending you messages on here for giving him 'personal' abuse. I bet you wouldn't say that to his face!!

Arbroath Football Club. What a fucking shambles of an outfit we have turned into. :lol:

Edited by 1320Lichtie

What is the point of Afc as we stand at the moment ? Do we have a plan for the future or do we scramble from season to season simply existing and trying to avoid the exit door. Do the board have ambition to progress? Can we not get some sort of youth system to provide a pathway(hopefully) to 1st team football or at least a scouting system to pick up ambitious young players. As you can tell i am having yet another period of despair at Afc and there have been a few over the last 50years. Its no easy at times

What is the point of Afc as we stand at the moment ? Do we have a plan for the future or do we scramble from season to season simply existing and trying to avoid the exit door. Do the board have ambition to progress? Can we not get some sort of youth system to provide a pathway(hopefully) to 1st team football or at least a scouting system to pick up ambitious young players. As you can tell i am having yet another period of despair at Afc and there have been a few over the last 50years. Its no easy at times

Exactly. There are members on the board that have served the club for a long time. But they seem to be stuck in the past and lack much on the way of forward thinking.

I would really like to see what is actually is discussed at their board meetings, what ideas they have for the future, the financial outlook of the club, etc.

Maybe someone has an idea out there that may help push the club forward, not tread water.

Before I start I am in no way excusing or advocating support for the board but they are only supporters of the club like ourselves. They act as custodians with a remit to make sure AFC survives as a club but none are successful businessmen as far as I am aware. If we go down the Gretna road as with Mileson and go belly up there would be uproar in the town imo. As posted in a previous post "you can only pish with the c**k you've got" . We would all welcome a sugar daddy to bankroll our club like some of our Angus rivals but they don't grow on trees unfortunately.

The only thing the board are doing wrong is sticking with the management. They've (Moore/Lumsden) single handedly ruined the club over the past 2 year and undone all the good work Sheerin had done. They've tore the arse right out of us in every way imaginable. And because they've stuck by the management they've alienated the fans, censoring comments on social media also doesn't help things.

We're a total shambles all over the place, thanks to the 2 top lads (incase Hislop kicks off again, poor guy is struggling to take criticism) in the dugout.

You won't find one guy that wants them here on the terraces, not one. If the board don't get rid then watch us turn into Montrose, a club going nowhere that the town feels incredibly apathetic toward.

Yes I wouldn't mind seeing a youth team, but right now that's the least of our worries. How the people that matter, who've done so well in other areas this season, can't see this, is anyone's guess.

Good work that Sheerin done?

As in got us relegated?

Sheerin had a great 4 years. I'll let him off with one poor one. I'd have been confident he would've got us back up. He also gave games to plenty of our own youngsters. 1st in L2, 2nd in L1, 5th in L1, 10th in L1 is perfectly acceptable. Plus the fact that he signed Little/Linn/Lowden/Whatley, where would we be without them now? Bottom?

Unless you disagree that Sheerin done a good job???

Eta: also signing Murray, which got us £50k!!!

Edited by 1320Lichtie