The Arbroath Thread

I'd rather have loan players in the squad than only 3 outfield players on the bench

So would I, but it's a bit of a circus having 6 out of your 15 being on loan, we only have 4 players injured (heard Linn is fit), I'm surprised that's not against the rules, why another fullback as well? Especially a right sided one, got Wilson/Watson/Williams/Henry/Whatley that can all play there.

Such an unbalanced squad. All over the shop.

I think Watsons been brilliant, Ramsey has been good until recently too but maybe if we hadn't made such of an arse of signing guys at the start of the season we'd have some experienced players that were actually Arbroath FCs instead of 18-20 year olds from other clubs.

Eta: Williams has a good write up from Alloa fans so here's hoping.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Have we pushed the boat out to keep bobby at the club that we do not have enough funds to run a 20 man squad. Young Kieran ditched, replaced by defensive minded utility player. How about more striking options. Frustrating!!!

I don't think that's the reason to be fair I just think Todds panicking and has over the course of the season been pretty short sighted, same happened with Moore last season. Can't remember being in this situation with anybody before Moore but could be wrong.

Just been on Broughty Athletic's website there and it really does put ours to shame. Regular interviews with Broughty's manager and players, as well as their website not looking dated. Surely something could be done about ours?

The Arbroath FC website is in the process of being updated. Hopefully a new website will be launched in March.

The Arbroath FC website is in the process of being updated. Hopefully a new website will be launched in March.

Good to hear!imo the clubs social media output has come on a lot recently-I go to near enough every game so I don't need it but the lichties matchlive Twitter is brilliant, some of the tweets are quite funny too. Keep up the good work.

Superb. Been the same layout as long as I can remember, social media stuffs been to a really good level so if the website can get even close to that it should be very dece.

The comments section on the Facebook pages posts about Kieran McWalter are horrendous reading. People seem to blame Todd and the club for the fact that McWalter wasn't that good :lol:

I agree he wasn't brilliant, but he's surely more deserving of a game/chance than Henry. Also why say he was in plans/didn't want him to leave etc? Point in that? Clearly not the case.

I don't mind loan players if they're there to improve on what we've got but I don't think any of the guys we've had have been better than your average player you could pick up as your own at the start of the season, Watson aside.

Just made such an arse of signings at the start of the year. McWalter/Grehan/Coult/Hay/Clarke, 1/4 of the squad all made their way out the door and were just over half way in, Victoria too but in fairness I don't think anybody thought he'd go awol.

Replaced by 6 loanees, 7 of you include Ryan, Johnstone being out for so long hasn't helped this either but it just feels like a shambles, squad full of guys that aren't even our players. Can't believe we weren't even interested in Nicoll.

A shite league this season and were 6th, with one of the outstanding players in the league. We have played really well in some games yes, but for the majority of the season we've been pish both to watch and results. You can't argue with that.

It's a shame seeing the comments/feelings towards the club in regards to McWalter leaving too as the off the park stuff like the club signing Whatley/Linn, the club doing so well with the community, social media stuff, the website, promotions for the young lads etc etc etc has all been superb. The club and board couldn't have done much more.

Would love for us to go up, even if it's highly unlikely, but I'd hope it's not the same next season.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I don't think mcwalter was that bad, just ridiculous how overrated he is by a lot of support because he's "one of our own". I don't want to judge Henry on the back of one start but he doesn't look physical enough to succeed in this league

The ones that shout loudest about having a team of local players are likely the ones that would desert us first if those local lads took us down to the Highland League.