The Arbroath Thread

It's finally nice to read him say nice things about the club

You'll love him before you know it!

He might've been a p***k from time to time, but he's now our p***k!!

Liked what Christison had to say there too by the way, fair play to him.

I'd be wary before suggesting that our defence will become more solid under Campbell.

Half of his seasons with Forfar saw them ship Sheerin-esque levels of goals.

What you will get is a level of player that others may not have been able to attract and they will run through brick walls for him.

Aye Montrose FC know all about f**k-ugly football, it has been your standard for 20 years+ now...

Roll on the derby indeed...

Here he is Mr angry out from the cold.Hiya pal

I'd be wary before suggesting that our defence will become more solid under Campbell.

Half of his seasons with Forfar saw them ship Sheerin-esque levels of goals.

What you will get is a level of player that others may not have been able to attract and they will run through brick walls for him.

Good appointment for Arbroath as long as he doesn't take Iain with him (he will get a game every week)

It will be hoofball but it works.

Expect a few Forfar players to be heading gayfield way .

Swanks to buy out his contract and return to the only team he ever wanted to play for? (x3)  Swanks and Bobby Linn in the same team?!?!?  #TheArbroathWay

You'll love him before you know it!

He might've been a p***k from time to time, but he's now our p***k!!

Liked what Christison had to say there too by the way, fair play to him.

Have to agree with this. Never been my favourite manager and used to love his meltdowns when we were playing forfar but now he's ours will look forward to seeing some stability return to gayfield.

He has a good record at this level and certainly with the situation were in not surprised we have gone with experience.

I notice it says an open ended deal so maybe some performance clauses in there possibly.

Good to see Dick back in the game so quickly after leaving Forfar.

Even though he did somehow manage to get us promoted through the play-offs, he was a real disaster as Thistle manager but I've met him once or twice when he's been doing after dinner speaking and he's a top man. He'll definitely get Arbroath challenging at the right end of the table soon enough.

Correct decision to bring dick in, sensible considering our predicament. Don't care what brand of football he brings for remainder of the season so long as we stay up. What's this fixation with big rab by the way, I'd sooner have our Fleming, been a great signing.

This is the correct appointment for Arbroath at this stage. Dick took over us at an almost identical state to what Arbroath seem to be in. He will stabilise the team and keep you safe and although there are no guarantees he should get you promotion next year, the main reason down to attracting players. He gets the best out of players and also seems to be well liked (e.g., the mass exodus when he left)

His team last season was the best brand of football I had seen in over 40 years from a Forfar side, pace out wide, a solid back 4 and keeper and two front men playing up front, no strange formations or negative football, just what needed to be done at part time level in Scottish football. He also managed to attract some good experienced pro's, Derek Lilley, Marc Mcculloch, Andy Tod, Stevie Crawford, Darren Dods, Rab Douglas who all played their part on the pitch but would also be good guys in the dressing room.

Also brought in some decent players from the lower leagues, Kader and Denholm being good examples.

The youth set up we have is refreshing and he gave some chances to 3 or 4 players but whilst some of our fans were strangely upset at this I think clubs like us and Arbroath in an ideal world would love to have a bunch of local lads coming through the ranks into the first team, but its a model that takes a lot of money and time.

I felt his only negatives were he would sometimes tinker with the team unnecessarily, I turned up at Station Park sometimes to see 4 or 5 changes in the team and couldn't see why certain players were left out. On the flip side there were some players he just wouldn't drop no matter how poor they were.

All in all, a safe appointment, put it this way you could've been stuck with Gary Bollan.

Its you Dick isn't it ?

I had a horrible thought at the game last night.

Dick has never been particularly enamoured with our club or the people who run it.

What better way for him to get it up us than to take us into the Highland League, effectively killing the club, while getting paid for it?

He'll bail out and probably walk into the job at Cowdenbeath as he'll be able to say 'the damage was done before I arrived, there was little I could do'

Dick has never been particularly enamoured with our club or the people who run it.

What better way for him to get it up us than to take us into the Highland League, effectively killing the club, while getting paid for it?

He'll bail out and probably walk into the job at Cowdenbeath as he'll be able to say 'the damage was done before I arrived, there was little I could do'

Ffs

U need 2 stay off the methadone