The Arbroath Thread

Doesnt matter what time of year a manager is sacked. There is plenty of choices out there to take over. Not just in the summer.

Its actually better to get someone in now as they at least have a number of games to assess the squad they have and look to identify future players before preseason even begins.

As for Russell Latapy. I would be happy with that choice. He played for a number of good clubs so could possibly have a number of contacts regarding players.

I know what you're saying but has he ever managed anyone? Genuinely don't know but I think people need to remember that great players don't always make good managers. I though the same about Ferguson when he took over Clyde but look how that's went!!

what is this garbage #TheArbroathWay, this season is done, our only aim is not to finish 10th, so #TheArbroathWay is on hold until safety is assured, I am not a fan of Dick Campbell or his perceived style of football and this is the only circumstance I would ever suggest he is the man for the job, get him in until the end of the season, but he will have to cut down on his "entourage", he can't bring all the "hangers-on"

I agree with this. Short term yes, long term no. I have no idea what the arbroath way is I think that's the joke. I want to see someone local in the job so in that way I don't mind Campbell coming in till long term sorted. Petrie, Gibson, Kerr, Sellers all live locally who could be involved going forward in my opinion. Get the youth team going again. If we can bring players through then it will pay for itself going forward.

Short term it's definitely just about getting the points needed to stay safe then we can start thinking long term.

Russell Latapy since 2007 he has been Assistan Manager at 3 clubs (Falkirk, Boavista, Inverness CT.) and 1 national side who he went on to manage for 2 years. (Trinidad and Tobago.)

Assistant Manager at 3 full time clubs is a good amount of experience.

But yeah i can understand peoples doubts about him.

Edited by RedLichtie86

Russell Latapy since 2007 he has been Assistan Manager at 3 clubs (Falkirk, Boavista, Inverness CT.) and 1 national side who he went on to manage for 2 years. (Trinidad and Tobago.)

Assistant Manager at 3 full time clubs is a good amount of experience.

But yeah i can understand peoples doubts about him.

Playing #TheRussellLatapyWay is a thought that would excite me as he was a brilliant player but just need to be wary as it doesn't always work out like that.

Of the people I know of

1. Campbell

2. Gibson

3. Robson

Would be my preference.

Unlikely Petrie would come back more is the pity.

Dick Campbell, Jim Jefferies, Jimmy calderwood or any other experienced manager till the season ends then take stock at the end of the season and make an appointment for next season no later than the middle of May.

Also easy to mock someone's views when you sit behind a made up name and picture ????

Unlikely Petrie would come back more is the pity.

Dick Campbell, Jim Jefferies, Jimmy calderwood or any other experienced manager till the season ends then take stock at the end of the season and make an appointment for next season no later than the middle of May.

Also easy to mock someone's views when you sit behind a made up name and picture

You seem to have been blessed with a fantastic name Roberto Lichtie, thank f**k you chose to support Arbroath though eh?!?!

Why wouldnt it happen? Getting a short term deal happens with players. Why not with a manager?

Bring someone in and thats 2 months of pay. Also they may include a bonus for keeping us up.

I just think people of decent standing would be looking for a longer commitment from an employing club, just my thoughts like.