The Arbroath Thread

I don't think we will be relegated and, although I made the tongue in cheek remark about Jimmy Calderwood for the last few games, I don't believe that there will be any sacking of the manager and assistant before the end of the season. We have a core of decent players who, with a bit of confidence, should be able to avoid bottom spot.

I also don't believe that the board should stick with the the same management team for next season regardless of the fact that they were given a 2 year contract. Their signings and loan players have shown that they are not capable of recognising players who can do a job at this level. So if they are still here next season I cannot see that things would improve.

Lumsden's poor performance as a manager this season and from his time at Albion Rovers will not look good on his CV should he apply for manager's jobs in the future. Maybe he should stick to coaching and leave the running of a team to others. If it's true about Hislop's aggressiveness when criticised there should be no place for him at the club.

The Arbroath way is to get the ball down and try and play football and out score the visitors to Gayfield.

Not long balls and an isolated lone striker.

In what way is that specific to Arbroath though? Come on min, just stop digging with this 'Arbroath Way' chat.

At least you've gave us a new hashtag.

#TheArbroathWay

Least Thearbroathway shout has got abody of the moaning

I'm aff being a moany c**t. I've even managed to bore myself with it, this Arbroath Way stuff is just so golden and funny it's no real. Master stroke from Roberto IMO.

Hope Lumsden says it in his post match interview after we smash Stirling Saturday.

I totally agree. Would anyone in their right mind pull the plug on our current management team at present before these next 3 games, which are all against teams round about us at the bottom. Only Montrose are missing from that 4 and we have the delight of playing them in the penultimate game. I am sure that the board have no option but to stick with these current two, which is sad I a way as they should have cut the cord on them long before the end of 2015. But as SImonLIchtie says there are few options available ( in truth I believe none) right at this moment. We have to hope that just as was the case when we had our 5 put of 6 run, a player produces a piece if brilliance and gets us a few wins. They don't know how to motivate and I believe that the apathy from some of the players proves that point, so I am sure that different board members will be having a quiet word with players and asking them to do it for the sake of the club. Whatever it takes is alright by me as nobody wants this posiounus challace at present. Let's see where we are after the next 3 games. I for one am praying it will read 2 wins and a draw with 7 points in the bag!! Ever hopeful

Just noticed this, good post as per usual.

So, if you were the board right now, and (assuming) they have accepted this is not working and unfortunately Todd's position is untenable due to the vast, vast majority of the fans not wanting him to continue in the role, what would you do right now?

Would you sack the management right now and be in a position where the biggest 'names' to apply for the job are Keith Gibson and Colin Cameron, or do you hold off until the summer when there will be more options, and hopefully a player coming towards the end of his career who fancies taking up a player/ manager role? If we were looking for someone right now, there is pretty much zero chance of a player/ manager, whereas if we were looking in May the chances of this being an option are significently higher.

Just make linn player manager save the team and some money.

So who's getting the blame then? manager,assistant and captain, all three plus the board

Look, we've all just got to STFU and get through the next 2 months supporting the players.

I would agree, but #thearbroathway is to berate and abuse our own players/ management regardless of league position/ performances, it has been as long as been a fan.

I think Dick would get you out the league next season, I've met and spoken to him a few times at our golf outings etc and he seemed to almost have an obsession with trying to get us to the championship and it nearly happened on a couple of occasions. The wheels came off a bit this season with losing key players and not replacing them but I think he will be desperate to get back in and would be a fit for Arbroath at this time.

I would agree, but #thearbroathway is to berate and abuse our own players/ management regardless of league position/ performances, it has been as long as been a fan.

I hope you're not putting all us Arbroath supporters in the same boat,when Sheerin had the team winning and playing fantastic football most off the support was in football heaven apart from some miserable supporters who enjoy moaning,Do you honestly think the crap being served up just now is going to have the fans cheering the team off the field after defeat after defeat,get real.Personally i've never hurled abuse no matter how bad it is but i can understand the fans who do,and it sure ain't just Arbroath supporters,you had a look at the threads of other teams on p&b it makes Arbroath supporters look tame.

Bit unfair Simon to tar all the support because of the gripes of some. Most are fair minded, willing to give players and management their support but maybe we are feeling short changed now after the Sheerin years.

I also seldom hear abuse towards players/management too on the terraces.

I moan about Todd and Hissy on here and give my opinions on players performances but I don't abuse them, never ever shout anything negative at Gayfield either.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

:lol: Fairly tongue in cheek comment, relax yerselves ;)

It's actually surprising how supportive the fans have been during the 90 minutes in all honesty, there hasn't been that much moaning more than an average/ good season. I remember in Sheerin's last season, I'm sure there was potentially even more abuse being hurled from the terracing than there is now, although that may be down to expectancy under Sheerin, where's the last year has filled everyone with apathy more than anything else.

I don't think anyone can disagree that there are a fair few who're permanently pissed off, and almost seem disappointed when things go out way, but no more than most others clubs I'd imagine.