The Arbroath Thread

I think that's the right decision. Now everybody can stop moaning about the 2 of them and fully focus on supporting the team. That's a massive decision taken by the board there and I applaud them for it. Big crowd needed at Gayfield next Saturday.

I guess the board felt they couldn't hold off until the end of the season and had to act now to stop us ending up in trouble down the bottom, and I can fully understand that. I just wish we had 4/5 more points than we do currently and could have held off on the decision until May which I believe would have put us in the best possible position in terms of recruiting a manager. Don't forget it was around this time last year Allan Moore was sacked and look at the appointment we made; the board also seemed to give the impression they felt there weren't many other options (although I disagreed with that at the time and still do). We have in almost exactly the same position a year later. Contrary to this, if things had continued this way and we had ended up in trouble, the board would have had a lot to answer for having stuck by Todd through everything.

Who knows where things go from here - I think everyone is in agreement Todd had to go, it is just the timing that is up for debate. It will be interesting to see if the board have something lined up, or if we will be accepting applications over the next few weeks. I did read a rather interesting article interviewing Russell Latapy this morning, who is absolutely desperate to get into management and has been applying for everything under the sun since later summer, I know the chances are unlikely but it could be worth a phone call at least....

Cheerio Todd you will not be missed. Don't agree with all the posts here and on Facebook wanting Dick Campbell to be the next manager surely he doesn't play #TheArbroathWay. Till the end of the season maybe but not going forward. Maybe their will be a place for SP back in the Arbroath setup

Cheerio Todd you will not be missed. Don't agree with all the posts here and on Facebook wanting Dick Campbell to be the next manager surely he doesn't play #TheArbroathWay. Till the end of the season maybe but not going forward. Maybe their will be a place for SP back in the Arbroath setup

I think we need an experienced guy in now. I've never seen the issue with the way Campbell sets up his teams... I'm sure the Forfar fans would've loved their time with him in charge. The players love him, his teams are usually solid with pace out wide and a striking duo up top.

Whether he will be anywhere near it is anyone's guess but I don't think there's an issue with the man and the way he sets up his teams.

what is this garbage #TheArbroathWay, this season is done, our only aim is not to finish 10th, so #TheArbroathWay is on hold until safety is assured, I am not a fan of Dick Campbell or his perceived style of football and this is the only circumstance I would ever suggest he is the man for the job, get him in until the end of the season, but he will have to cut down on his "entourage", he can't bring all the "hangers-on"

I guess the board felt they couldn't hold off until the end of the season and had to act now to stop us ending up in trouble down the bottom, and I can fully understand that. I just wish we had 4/5 more points than we do currently and could have held off on the decision until May which I believe would have put us in the best possible position in terms of recruiting a manager. Don't forget it was around this time last year Allan Moore was sacked and look at the appointment we made; the board also seemed to give the impression they felt there weren't many other options (although I disagreed with that at the time and still do). We have in almost exactly the same position a year later. Contrary to this, if things had continued this way and we had ended up in trouble, the board would have had a lot to answer for having stuck by Todd through everything.

Who knows where things go from here - I think everyone is in agreement Todd had to go, it is just the timing that is up for debate. It will be interesting to see if the board have something lined up, or if we will be accepting applications over the next few weeks. I did read a rather interesting article interviewing Russell Latapy this morning, who is absolutely desperate to get into management and has been applying for everything under the sun since later summer, I know the chances are unlikely but it could be worth a phone call at least....

Doesnt matter what time of year a manager is sacked. There is plenty of choices out there to take over. Not just in the summer.

Its actually better to get someone in now as they at least have a number of games to assess the squad they have and look to identify future players before preseason even begins.

As for Russell Latapy. I would be happy with that choice. He played for a number of good clubs so could possibly have a number of contacts regarding players.