The Arbroath Thread

Not really worried, we have enough strength and depth I think, I think one more defender would do nicely but not something I'm overly worried about as there are guys who can fill in. The squad now is far better than what we had on January 1st, no real dead wood and competition for places in most positions. Injures and suspensions will happen to the other teams in the top 4 also.

I'd rather a defender came in tbh, but he would only be there as cover anyway, basically another Dunlop. Think the back 4 that's played the last however many games is here to stay. Whatley can do a job anywhere over the back 4 and Thomson is here too.

Plus emergency loaning a centre half from a premiership club would be just as good as having someone like Dunlop sitting about anyway.

its so evident that we struggle at times with lack of height in our defence annans winner on saturday for example. so whatley isnt the answer dc hasnt addressed this problem as of yet hope he does or our season could go tits up

How many goals in the league have we lost in 21 games from headed set plays?

Annan x 2, Montrose away and Clyde away.

4 isn't too bad at all

5 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Whatley and Hodge can do a job. Whatley usually very good at the back. Emergency loans can still be used too.

Need to keep Mark in the middle of the park imo, he looks better when he's got good players around him. He's stepped up to the plate this season.

How many goals in the league have we lost in 21 games from headed set plays?

Annan x 2, Montrose away and Clyde away.

4 isn't too bad at all

I think some of our supporters are looking for the perfect defence. It doesn't exist at the top level never mind our level.

6 hours ago, Big lichtie said:

leicesterlichtie help me out mate. firstly the top ten players with the most apperances. secondly the top ten goal scores for arbroath would be very grateful for your help

Forgive me in advance if I'm stealing your club historical nous Relichtie, if you are the font of all AFC knowledge.

Most appearances: (League only since WW2)

1) Tom Cargill 426

2) Steve Florence 327

3) Ian Stirling 321

4) Tom Hughes 296

5) Brian Mitchell 292

6) Jimmy Cant 283

7) Eric Sellars 280

8 Derek Rylance 275

9) John McAulay 267

10) Tommy Yule 261

Goal scorers (League only since WW2)

1) Jimmy Jack 120

2) Dave Easson 92

3) Eric Sellars 73

4) Denis Bruce 71

5) Stevie Doris 60

6) Tommy Yule 59

7) Jimmy Cant 57

8=) Ian Harley 49

8=) Stuart Sorbie 49

8=) Jim Fernie 49

Edited by Leicesterlichtie

so if we get injuries suspensions then what and please dont say we have cover cause we dont . of course we can put square pegs in round holes that isnt the answer dc has fucked up here

If it ever comes to that, use an emergency loan. Who else are we going to get in just now at this stage of the season? Thomson sitting their on his arse perfectly capable of stepping in too if required.

There's only 15 games left.

I'd like someone else too but its hardly a huge crisis

Forgive me in advance if I'm stealing your club historical nous Relichtie, if you are the font of all AFC knowledge.

Most appearances: (League only since WW2)

1) Tom Cargill 426

2) Steve Florence 327

3) Ian Stirling 321

4) Tom Hughes 296

5) Brian Mitchell 292

6) Jimmy Cant 283

7) Eric Sellars 280

8 Derek Rylance 275

9) John McAulay 267

10) Tommy Yule 261

Goal scorers (League only since WW2)

1) Jimmy Jack 120

2) Dave Easson 92

3) Eric Sellars 73

4) Denis Bruce 71

5) Stevie Doris 60

6) Tommy Yule 59

7) Jimmy Cant 57

8=) Ian Harley 49

8=) Stuart Sorbie 49

8=) Jim Fernie 49

Doris could easily become 2nd if he finishes his career up here

Legend

Him and Bobby could possibly break into that top 10 appearances too

6 minutes ago, Big lichtie said:

thanks mate appreciate that buy you a pint in tutties keep the stats coming

I'll hold you to that next time I'm up. Lol.

Will keep digging for all sorts of relevant facts & stats. Hopefully they are accurate but don't mind being corrected. I know SBC is going to check through all his info when he gets chance.

Dick in the tele saying he can't envisage any more ins or outs...brave words when our only defensive cover is Josh Thomson, who hasn't played a competitive game since July!
IMG_1485351200.726127.jpg

They could of used a picture of McCord in a lichties top!

Think we definitely need defensive cover. Even better would actually be a new good centre half and hammy at left back.

Forgive me in advance if I'm stealing your club historical nous Relichtie,

No problem. The stuff on my site contains a lot of stuff personal to me and some relatives and former players and fans. If it is of any benefit to any lichties feel free to copy and/or use.