The Arbroath Thread

3fee5629acf7bc5ab6ccb30de81c3a54.jpg
Lies.

[emoji23]

Not bad...

Seriously though. I moaned like f**k about that mistake against Forfar and have been critical at times when he's had a flap or two but at the end of the day over the course of the season he was absolutely brilliant and he changed our season around when he replaced Mutch.

51 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I can't wait to f**k the Mo

Shouldn't we set our sights higher? 

Personally, I can't wait until we next play Hayshead in the Watters Cup :)

The draw is pretty meh as far as I'm concerned. Might go to Alloa or Hibs if the games are at the Recs or Easter Road, but nothing else stands out

Shouldn't we set our sights higher? 
Personally, I can't wait until we next play Hayshead in the Watters Cup [emoji4]
The draw is pretty meh as far as I'm concerned. Might go to Alloa or Hibs if the games are at the Recs or Easter Road, but nothing else stands out

What?

It would not surprise me if Gav Swankie asked for a transfer fae the fermers and i for one would welcome him back home to Gayfield for his final few years in senior fitba.

DC would get the best out of him plus it would be good to renew the Doris/Swanks partnership, we need one more forward to join Doris/Prunts/Skelly/Hester.

10 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fwiw that would make him 92% faultless considering we conceded 36, so not far off.

Actually he conceded 23 of the 36 goals, so if it is percentages you want it is 87%! 

I repeat, I am NOT knocking him, merely giving my opinion that your comment that he was faultless for 95% of the time is flawed. I pointed out 3 goals towards the end of the season which sprang to mind. I could examine the other 20 league goals he conceded by looking again at the (excellent) highlights and may find others that he was at fault for. If I was knocking him, or intending to knock him, I could do that. But I won't as I am NOT knocking him, just offering an opinion.

It would not surprise me if Gav Swankie asked for a transfer fae the fermers and i for one would welcome him back home to Gayfield for his final few years in senior fitba.
DC would get the best out of him plus it would be good to renew the Doris/Swanks partnership, we need one more forward to join Doris/Prunts/Skelly/Hester.

Och no, his time as a lichtie is over, look forward not back

2 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I hear Craig Cooper has been released by the Fishies too.

I'm a massive fan of Swankie, still think he could do a job. But if we're looking for another option uptop dont think he's the answer. Sort of similar to Skelly imo.

Dale Hilson still not snapped up or even interesting anyone it looks like? Looking back and he's been team mates with a lot of the boys we have now and obviously been managed by DC too. Maybe a bit too hopeful that.

Also never realised Omar was at Alloa for a few month.

So Hammy, McCord, Ferns, Kader, Denholm, ToB and Doris have all been team mates together before they came here.

3 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

The rumour in Forfar last week was he asked to be released but was told no chance as he'd wanted his very long contract (rumoured to have a must play condition) so should honour it. The story goes he says he'll "retire" from the game until his contract is up if Bollan stays. I don't know if this is real but time will tell, he was hinting on social media when Dick was appointed at Gayfield he'd be joining imminently but that didn't happen so could be a load of crap. He didn't play like he wanted away during the playoffs.

i see many of you think TOB will play at CB, trust me, and the Cowden guys will confirm, he's a decent CB but a great midfielder. All joking apart, I really thought he'd go to a bigger club.

Gomes

Gold Little ????? Hammy

Whatley ToB

Linn    McCord Denholm

Doris 

id be delighted if we started season with this, skelly as a great deputy for any of the front 4, having Denholm on the left allows Linn back onto the right where he is more effective, and if we can bring in either a solid centre back to allow hammy to leftback, 

Few players there can play different position too so easy to change it up if it's not working 

Gomes
Gold Little ????? Hammy
       Whatley ToB
Linn    McCord Denholm
            Doris 
id be delighted if we started season with this, skelly as a great deputy for any of the front 4, having Denholm on the left allows Linn back onto the right where he is more effective, and if we can bring in either a solid centre back to allow hammy to leftback, 
Few players there can play different position too so easy to change it up if it's not working 

Agree with that. Although for me Whatley can't be undroppable even though he's captain, yes he's been brilliant for us over the years but ToB and McCord are seriously good players.

Would think that the formation you have there could be class though with both of them playing. Also ToB and Denholm are both big lads. Get another centre half or left back in of a decent stature and were a much more physical team.