The Arbroath Thread

Kader and Swankie and Prunty and Malin.
I reckon a back up keeper and another  defender (local boy Kerr Waddle on loan from Dundee FC??) would complete the squad.
I thought last night we played excellent and our fitness levels were also very good, remember we were playing against a very good Aberdeen FC who are the 2nd best team in Scotland and they played their full 1st team.
Great signing is Yule who i thought was our best player on the night (although everybody played well) and what about Kane Hester, absolute brilliant when he came on and he caused them loads of problems, he seems to have filled out a bit and he is a "pest" given defenders no time on the ball, really hope DC gives him more chances this season and does not loan him out again, he is an excellent impact sub and with 8 subs on the bench this season we need a big squad.
All in all looking good with 2 hard friendlies coming up in Dundee FC and Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday.
p.s. great crowd last night also in 2,081 although a few folk myself included thought it looked nearer 2,500. 

Agree about Kane, off the bench (maybe starting) he's surely the best option we have against tiring defenders.

Also agree that he's filled out a bit, skin and bone last year, actually looked quite big last night. Know he's been working hard in the gym and he's now a fireman I believe so maybe that's helped him out. Sure the first thing he done was put Andy Considine on his arse.

But was impressed and I think he's got to be in as second choice number 9 to Stevie, him and Doris could also work well together in certain games I'm sure. Early days though but deserves a chance for me.

44 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Anyone know what the situation is for Calum Brodie. Is he back in Scotland looking for a season of football. Would fit the back up keeper slot.

Apparently he is just back in Scotland for a couple of weeks from his scholarship in the USA so,won't be a long term option.

15 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Kader and Swankie and Prunty and Malin.

I reckon a back up keeper and another  defender (local boy Kerr Waddle on loan from Dundee FC??) would complete the squad.

I thought last night we played excellent and our fitness levels were also very good, remember we were playing against a very good Aberdeen FC who are the 2nd best team in Scotland and they played their full 1st team.

Great signing is Yule who i thought was our best player on the night (although everybody played well) and what about Kane Hester, absolute brilliant when he came on and he caused them loads of problems, he seems to have filled out a bit and he is a "pest" given defenders no time on the ball, really hope DC gives him more chances this season and does not loan him out again, he is an excellent impact sub and with 8 subs on the bench this season we need a big squad.

All in all looking good with 2 hard friendlies coming up in Dundee FC and Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday.

p.s. great crowd last night also in 2,081 although a few folk myself included thought it looked nearer 2,500. 

You have forgotten Pongo and Whatley. But other than that I agree with every word of your post. 

I also thought that 2081 was a bit low. But everyone must have gone through a turnstile so will have been counted.

Edited by WT Figo
Spelling error.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Helping out last night

23 minutes ago, WT Figo said:

Apparently he is just back in Scotland for a couple of weeks from his scholarship in the USA so,won't be a long term option.

Cheers lads. Suppose someone will get signed up soon enough.

3 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Gomes

Gold Little TOB Hamilton

Denholm McCord Yule Linn

Swankie

Doris  

Subs

Whatley

Prunty

Hester

Skelly

Kader

Malin

I'd prefer to start Linn RM & Denholm LM but swapping wings throughout the match. Cause opposition full backs multiple problems.

9 minutes ago, locheedfcno1 said:

How's the pies at Arbroath then lads??

Excellent pies! Made in the town at DH Robertsons. Mince, steak as well as steak and black pudding.