The Arbroath Thread

Good day out to Arbroath. Arbroaths sub keeper pulled off a class save. Big boy Doris? Up front decent. If he was a bit lighter think he would be better? Skelly caught ball watching loads of times. Think a draw would've been a fair result. All best to Arbroath for the new season. Oh ref and linesman where rank

Did you get a pie???

Good performance again by Arbroath and the late substitutions changed the shape of the game, and subsequent result. If only Hester had scored just before the equaliser it would have been a fairer reflection on ten quality of the 2 sides.  Not impressed with Dundee and I wonder if Neil McCann will regret his u-turn. Think they will struggle again this season.

Great turnout in the sunshine and the Club obviously learned a lesson from Thursday night by opening up both pie shops, though still huge queues at both. But does anyone know why they haven't had the bar open at either game? Missing a trick there surely. 

have to say getting a bit excited for the coming season . we have made some good signings competition for the starting eleven will be intense . but also the quality on the bench will be good. regarding the issue of doris being a big player he is in every sense for arbroath as 1320 said when the league starts he will be mighty fine

Good performance again by Arbroath and the late substitutions changed the shape of the game, and subsequent result. If only Hester had scored just before the equaliser it would have been a fairer reflection on ten quality of the 2 sides.  Not impressed with Dundee and I wonder if Neil McCann will regret his u-turn. Think they will struggle again this season.
Great turnout in the sunshine and the Club obviously learned a lesson from Thursday night by opening up both pie shops, though still huge queues at both. But does anyone know why they haven't had the bar open at either game? Missing a trick there surely. 

The bar was open today. The hospitality suite was used as a bar.

Remember Aberdeen beat Dundee 7 - 0 at dens end of March so no surprises that they are a stronger outfit. Also Aberdeen been back in training for Europe etc so not sure I'd be losing any sleep if I was a Dundee fan. That said they were poor.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The bar was open today. The hospitality suite was used as a bar.

B0ll0x! Didn't know that. Assumed it would be the normal bar and saw that was closed so didn't think to go to the other end.

Edited by WT Figo

League, cup & total.
Stevie Doris 150(14) 67, 23(1) 3, 173(15) 70.
Colin Hamilton 104 4, 14 3, 118 7.
Bobby Linn 141 35, 23(2) 4, 164(2) 39.
Ricky Little 98(4) 5, 18(1) 1, 116(5) 6.
Gavin Swankie 151(35) 48, 12(3) 0, 163(38) 48.
Mark Whatley 104(1) 5, 19(1) 1, 123(2) 6.
Grand total: 748(54) 164, 109(8) 12, 857(62) 176
Doris, & Swankie could enter top 20 post war league appearances for Arbroath during the course of the season.
Doris in 5th, Swankie in 11th & Linn in 22nd= post war Arbroath league goal scorer list.

One Jimmy Jack, there's only one.....

Another good performance from ourselves, back 5 looking top quality. Kane really should of made it 2 but after all the subbies and trialists coming on wasn't surprised to see Dundee score, although I thought Dundee looked very ordinary, took them 75 mins to have a shot on goal.

Can't wait for the real fitba and a trip to Alloa.

Fucking hell, two friendlies in ffs and won them both. Says more about Arbroath that they couldn't hold on to their lead.

4 of the players that finished the last 20 of that game won't be anywhere near Arbroath though. 3 of them in the back 5.

We had 12 signed players available yesterday. Still 5 on holiday and still more signings to come. We were really under strength and had just played a good good Aberdeen team 40 hours before.

So the fact we lost our lead really doesn't say too much about Arbroath at all.

Impressed again, will be interesting to see the starting team v Alloa. I see we are playing a junior team next Saturday so that may give us some idea. 

Tob improves us massively and we saw glimpses of the swankie/Doris partnership

2 good crowds in a week also

Impressed again, will be interesting to see the starting team v Alloa. I see we are playing a junior team next Saturday so that may give us some idea. 

Hope nobody gets too carried away either way after Alloa. This feels like the shortest pre season ever. These League Cup games are important but they're basically an extension on pre season for us especially considering so many of our squads still on and returning from their holidays.

Who are we playing next Saturday?