The Arbroath Thread

Beating Dundee United at Tannadice is our best league result I can ever remember. 

Overall it’s our best result since......? I’m not even sure I can’t think off the top of my head??? Any suggestions? 

That Wighton goal and that result was unbelievable. After all the shite I’ve seen over my time supporting Arbroath to beat Dundee United away in an actual league game was superb and Wighton was the man who scored it

Thats why it’s no changing. Nouble could maybe knock him off if he keeps up the shithousery and scores a big goal

What a lovely afternoon - the weathe is irrelevant when you put in a performance like that :)

Obviously there's a whole host of positive things on the pitch, but one thing that stuck out to me today was just how impressive things are off the pitch. The amount of kids at Gayfield, the amount of tops/ scarfs etc. on show and our average home support now must be 50%+ above what it was a decade ago. Even when things go badly on the park and we go down (it will happen, hopefully not for a number of years, but it will) we will still be in an excellent position off the park.

An extremely enjoyable time to be a Lichtie, the club is in the best position it's been, on and off the park, in 50 odd years. Glorious :) 

Great overall performance today. Very much reminded me of the Kelty cup game the other week - a fairly uninspiring first half performance where we looked to keep it tight followed by a swashbuckling second half playing towards the Pleasureland end. When we're on the front foot we look almost unstoppable and create barrow loads of chances with high-energy attacking play. Can't believe how fit the whole team look and would love some of what guys like Low and McKenna have in their half-time cuppa.

Looks like Nouble could be just what we were missing in the early part of the last two seasons and like the look of Paterson. Brilliant that we've scored as many league goals in 3 games this season as it took us 10 games to get last season.

Also, am I the only one who thought there was far more than 1600 there today?

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT 

Congratulations to Joel Nouble on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties fantastic 3-1 win over Partick Thistle at Gayfield yesterday. The big Englishman, who has become a fan favourite already was in dazzling form and a constant threat throughout the game. Thanks to all who voted

0D3073B3-E305-4838-9925-88677BF5CD95.jpeg

On 21/08/2021 at 18:49, stan3600 said:

I hope Joel is on a season long loan. If he carries on like this Livi will want him there in January. Still, they’d probably loan us Jack Hamilton then. Would you swap? (Me, I don’t think so.)

Every season long loan has a recall option in Jan .

8 hours ago, Hammerafc said:
18 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:
Erm, that was my point emoji846.png

Unfortunately the clubs hands will be tied by the rules in place. It's more than likely streaming will only be available to those outside the UK next season.

Rules can be changed. Lots of things won't go back to pre-pandemic days. Can the club really afford to throw away this lucrative income stream?

Now that the facility is in place at most grounds, can the clubs afford to vote against it? How much do the championship teams get from the current TV deal anyway? 18 home games with as few as 200 online paying viewers at £13 a time would raise £46,800 for a minimal outlay.

From a purely selfish point of view, it would avoid a 300 mile round trip (with only 80 miles of that on motorway/dual carriageway) to use my season ticket.