The Arbroath Thread

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No stream unfortunately. Club have just announced on the Facebook page 

Hmm they must've changed their mind it was up as a match to get streamed on their website.

Saints supporters just gonna have to visit Gayfield to take the match in then and hopefully increase the crowd. Arbroath's long distance supporters ain't gonna be happy.

32 minutes ago, keptie said:

Hmm they must've changed their mind it was up as a match to get streamed on their website.

Saints supporters just gonna have to visit Gayfield to take the match in then and hopefully increase the crowd. Arbroath's long distance supporters ain't gonna be happy.

I believe the decision has been forced by Premier Sports

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I believe the decision has been forced by Premier Sports

Ah i see, the masses of people who were going to be tuning into Gayfield was gonna be affecting their viewing figures for whatever games coincided with their televised games.....arsholes.

9 minutes ago, keptie said:

Ah i see, the masses of people who were going to be tuning into Gayfield was gonna be affecting their viewing figures for whatever games coincided with their televised games.....arsholes.

Correct. Might work out as a positive for us though and force a few more into Gayf 

3 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Correct. Might work out as a positive for us though and force a few more into Gayf 

If Premier Sports had announced it earlier in the week, it might have been possible to arrange a trip over to the east coast.

At this short notice, not a chance. I now have a 3 hour window to fill on Sunday afternoon.😠

On 13/08/2021 at 17:25, keptie said:

To be fair, as of this weekend there are in effect no significant barriers to actual match attendance. I'm not really sure why folk would have assumed that games in competitions with exclusive broadcast rights would have continued to be streamed.

It's not really a case of whether it affects viewing figures. I appreciate there are still potentially people having to isolate of course but it's not really any different from regulars missing the odd game for work or illness two years ago. Streaming wasn't allowed then.

On 13/08/2021 at 17:34, lichtie23 said:

Is your online ticket sales open until kick off, or does it shut early?

20 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

To be fair, as of this weekend there are in effect no significant barriers to actual match attendance. I'm not really sure why folk would have assumed that games in competitions with exclusive broadcast rights would have continued to be streamed.

It's not really a case of whether it affects viewing figures. I appreciate there are still potentially people having to isolate of course but it's not really any different from regulars missing the odd game for work or illness two years ago. Streaming wasn't allowed then.

Probably because Sky are continuing to allow teams to stream their game when it's not their match pick.

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Probably because Sky are continuing to allow teams to stream their game when it's not their match pick.

I'm aware of that in League terms since that was agreed for the season a while ago. Too early to confirm that in my opinion but fair enough, they made the call.

Will be interesting to see what happens in the Scottish Cup but if present lack of restrictions looks like continuing I wouldnt expect streaming to be allowed in that either. 

Just now, Arbroath36.0! said:
3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:
What's O'Briens job outside of football? Seems a shame that he's never given full time football a go as he's easily better than a good section of CH's in the top flight.

Sure he has a class Job outside football,

Aye, a bit of the Rory McAllister's.

In the end if you miss 3 penalties you don’t deserve to go through. I understand that Hilson’s penalty was poor but someone shouting “f**k off Hilson” as he trots back to the centre circle isn’t doing anyone any favours. 
Chris Hamilton was impressive again against St Johnston, as he was in the friendly. Could give Dick a selection headache with Thomson returning from injury.