The Arbroath Thread

I have a real affinity with Scotland's long established 'wee' teams and am really pleased to see Arbroath doing so well. Whatever the rest of the season holds for them it has already been , with the above screenshot telling no lies, remarkable. Hopefully the second half can be just as good.

Anton Dowds loan period appears to expire in early January - does anyone have clarity yet on how this will play out ?

His contract with Falkirk expires in May 2022 (he has only played 2 games for them).

He may not be keen on returning to Falkirk, perhaps talks with Falkirk are ongoing.

He has become an important element in Arbroath's squad - both as an impact sub and in the starting 11.

Morning Simon. I am so happy for you currently living the dream. You had a mention in my brother's book, Helicopter Dreams, when Cowden's battles with Arbroath  played a large part in our Championship success.  Club 42 in the SPFL now seems a long way from these glory days and you are very obviously aware that success for your club can be fleeting. I do hope it is lasting for you. One thing I am certain of is that our two clubs  will meet again ( and we will deliver another humping).
Aye. When you guys have to play our 'Colt' team in the cockwomble cup next season.

7 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Anton Dowds loan period appears to expire in early January - does anyone have clarity yet on how this will play out ?

His contract with Falkirk expires in May 2022 (he has only played 2 games for them).

He may not be keen on returning to Falkirk, perhaps talks with Falkirk are ongoing.

He has become an important element in Arbroath's squad - both as an impact sub and in the starting 11.

Would love him stay for the rest of the season but feel Falkirk will recall him as soon as they can. They’re in a right state at the moment and a striker playing well and scoring in a higher league will be just what need.

Will be a real shame as he’s playing really well at the moment, he was our best player yesterday imo.

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

I’m sure if left to him he would rather stay.( Surely no one would think any different in the same position?).

At Arbroath  he is  clearly supported by the management team, harmony surrounding the whole club, playing with better players and top of the Championship with a unique chance to make the play offs. Falkirk is a club a league below, with disharmony , poorer players and may struggle to make the play offs, and where he was rated as the no 4 striker by the management team and not rated by many of the Falkirk supporters.

Would love him stay for the rest of the season but feel Falkirk will recall him as soon as they can. They’re in a right state at the moment and a striker playing well and scoring in a higher league will be just what need.
Will be a real shame as he’s playing really well at the moment, he was our best player yesterday imo.
He is keen to stay. And with 6 months left on his contract could we possibly see us buying him from Falkirk?
Falkirk could do with the money for the new manager to rebuild that squad in January.

3 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

He is keen to stay. And with 6 months left on his contract could we possibly see us buying him from Falkirk?
Falkirk could do with the money for the new manager to rebuild that squad in January.

Yeah, that’s a good point re his contract being up soon. If he’s happy to go part time to stay then it would be great to keep him.

8 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Thats good to hear. He was brilliant with EF and then seem to lose his way at Falkirk. Turning FT in a pandemic year would not of been great- but couldn't believe  he was no4 striker then loaned out to a team a league above. Falkirk seem to play with only one forward( think as really couldn't see anything yesterday) and sure he will not be happy to go back just to warm the bench?

Unable to attend yesterday due to being a close contact so watched it on Arbroath TV. What a massive difference from last season. 2 commentators who actually talked about the game instead of rambling on about complete nonsense. The picture quality was distorted due to the thick fog so having these guys actually talk us through the action was very much appreciated.

Onto being top of the pile. what an effort from all involved at the club on and off the field. I can see a drop off at some point but the rest of the league seem to be beating each other. 

Good luck to the lad Souter today as well. 

3 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:
4 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Morning Simon. I am so happy for you currently living the dream. You had a mention in my brother's book, Helicopter Dreams, when Cowden's battles with Arbroath  played a large part in our Championship success.  Club 42 in the SPFL now seems a long way from these glory days and you are very obviously aware that success for your club can be fleeting. I do hope it is lasting for you. One thing I am certain of is that our two clubs  will meet again ( and we will deliver another humping).

Aye. When you guys have to play our 'Colt' team in the cockwomble cup next season.

Dream on:rolleyes:

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Anton Dowds on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-1 win over Morton at a foggy Gayfield yesterday. Anton’s 79th minute winner was the goal that took our Lichties to the top of the cinch Championship table! And how good is that to read? Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

69045873-E072-49D7-A1CD-84297DA85019.jpeg

14 minutes ago, TASC_1878 said:

TASC SOCIAL MEDIA MAN OF THE MATCH - RESULT

Congratulations to Anton Dowds on winning the TASC Social Media Man of the Match for his performance in the Lichties 2-1 win over Morton at a foggy Gayfield yesterday. Anton’s 79th minute winner was the goal that took our Lichties to the top of the cinch Championship table! And how good is that to read? Thanks to all who voted 🇱🇻

69045873-E072-49D7-A1CD-84297DA85019.jpeg

So i take it you would like his loan extended?

As a neutral I am loving how well Arbroath are doing this season.  I am pulling for you guys in the second half of the season, Dick Campbell deserves a chance at managing in the Premiership and the Premiership deserves the chance to have Dick Campbell as one of their managers