The Arbroath Thread

No, Jim Fraser was signed from Aberdeen Sunnybank and went to Clyde after Arbroath when John Prentice left as manager and became manager of Clyde. Williamson was  eventually signed by Barnsley and A.F.C went straight out and bought Bobby Reid a Dundonian who was keeper at Cardiff City.

Williamson's brother Jim also a goalkeeper signed for Arbroath in the late sixties and unfortunately died about 5 years ago.

On 12/12/2021 at 17:51, ATLIS said:

No, he looks really lazy and slow. He has absolutely zero pace and looks like he has some issues with committing to a pressing style of play

Yep struggling to fit in with how we play. Had a couple of yards of a start against the Aberdeen defender and tried to play the ball forward to run onto it, then got overtaken. If he was more on the ball he'd have cut across the defender to slow him down, or getting fouled, he must know he isn't going to beat anyone in a straight up race. Really needs to be smarter on that, but he should also be getting coached on those things.

Seems to be clinical enough if he gets the ball around the box, but the way Livi play we rely on our front players to do a lot of running off the ball. Should be a good loan signing for Arbroath again though, and help them with scoring goals when Joel comes back to us in Jan. Would absolutely love it if they got promoted through the play offs, fingers crossed this bloody Omicron variant doesn't stop the season from being finished.

Nicky Low, McKenna and Hamilton will cause plenty of defences problems. The thing I thought Hamilton did well last year was score the poachers goals. The rebounds 2nd balls etc. Hopefully he can bang them in again for us. 3 Hamiltons in the starting 11 could be confusing.

Nicky Low, McKenna and Hamilton will cause plenty of defences problems. The thing I thought Hamilton did well last year was score the poachers goals. The rebounds 2nd balls etc. Hopefully he can bang them in again for us. 3 Hamiltons in the starting 11 could be confusing.
Especially when playing Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:

“We all dream of a team of Hamilton’s”

16 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:
16 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

Especially when playing Hamilton.

Hamilton of course also have Jamie Hamilton in their line up.

I look forward with great anticipation to Hamilton crossing for Hamilton to beat Hamilton in the air and head down for Hamilton to score against Hamilton! 😆

If one or other side could pick up Jack Hamilton the GK from Morton too just for the laughs that would be ideal, thanks.

Hamilton of course also have Jamie Hamilton in their line up.
I look forward with great anticipation to Hamilton crossing for Hamilton to beat Hamilton in the air and head down for Hamilton to score against Hamilton! [emoji38]
If one or other side could pick up Jack Hamilton the GK from Morton too just for the laughs that would be ideal, thanks.
Dont need Morton Hamilton.... he is pish.

But Hamilton could do with another Hamilton to even it up at 3 Hamilton's each.