The Arbroath Thread

Not sure I like Dick’s “my granny would’ve scored” comments about Bobby.  Seems to single him out for criticism quite a bit, don’t really think it’s needed. 

Completely agree. Cynical view here, but I sometimes feel Dick is waiting for Bobby to miss chances like that so he feels vindicated in his decision to not start/involve him. Should’ve done better with them, yes, but he’s still the only one getting into those kind of positions.

As my pal said to me yesterday. It’s becoming clearer that Petrie was the brains of the operation when they were at Gayfield 
Seemingly Ross Campbell is a big influence at Montrose. A partnership between manager and assistant is often important I think.

Bobby swung the game back in our favour second half when he came on. Still looks the most dangerous player on the pitch for us and was massive second half of last season.

With teams like Raith setting up to defend against Nouble it gives the wide players like Bobby a bit of space. In recent times it was him that received the two defenders every time he got the ball. Now it’s Noubs.

Is the club planning on doing half season tickets in time for Christmas  ?

Bearing in mind we're pretty much in uncharted and exciting waters we really should be grabbing this opportunity with both hands.

I could see us shifting another 100+ given the chance. 

23 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

As my pal said to me yesterday. It’s becoming clearer that Petrie was the brains of the operation when they were at Gayfield 

No a difficult assumption to make, but an assumption all the same

23 hours ago, stan3600 said:

Great player. His Arbroath teams were exciting but leaked goals. I’m not surprised he’s not such a good manager at a problem club. I thought he’d have learned a lot at Aberdeen but apparently not.

But I do notice his job at Falkirk was Head Coach, but no sign today of the director of footballs resignation, think this job will be difficult for anyone if Holt continues in post

12 hours ago, timlichtie said:

From a selfish point of view, does Sheerin going make it less likely we keep Dowds after Xmas? The new Falkirk manager will likely want all his players in to assess.

I am sure Dowds is with us until the end of the season at the very least, I really like him and think he can do really well for us, If Nouble does go in January and we get Jack Hamilton back I think that could be a very interesting combo 🇱🇻⚽

I am sure Dowds is with us until the end of the season at the very least, I really like him and think he can do really well for us, If Nouble does go in January and we get Jack Hamilton back I think that could be a very interesting combo [emoji1145][emoji460]️
Even the loans that are for the season can be recalled in January. Just depends on what the new manager is looking for.

1 hour ago, Lichtie78 said:

There’s actually an article in the courier with Dick saying he thinks Dowds will be away back. As mentioned before, one I don’t have too many strong feelings about either way.

Probably a better option than LD at this time 

Arbroath FC Half Price Season tickets are NOW on SALE!

You can purchase your half price season ticket here https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/season-tickets/

This season we welcomed our fans back to Gayfield and what a season so far it has turned out to be!

Gayfield is buzzing, the town is full of youngsters proudly wearing their Arbroath kits and the team are giving absolutely everything on the pitch with some incredible results, new records set and dedicated performances week in and week out.

With over 950 season tickets already sold, we are hoping that we will set a new season ticket record as we announce that half price season tickets are now on sale!

Arbroath FC Chairman Mike Caird said “The amazing numbers of season tickets that we have sold this season along with high individual match day ticket sales shows that our loyal fans are determined to help support the team. By purchasing a half price season ticket you can help us achieve even greater things at your club.”

Your season ticket will be valid from Wednesday 29th December when we welcome Hamilton Academical to Gayfield and you will gain access to our remaining Home games, any play-off matches and of course full access to Arbroath FC TV (streaming is not included for the Junior / Arbroath FC Community Trust Season Ticket) and 10% discount on everything in the Club Shop.

Once you have placed your order you will be sent an email with conformation. We will then make your physical season ticket for you and get in touch once it is ready to be collected.

With Christmas just 18 days away this could be the perfect gift for the Red Lichtie in your life!

Prices are as follows;

£115 – Adult (Aged 18 and over)
£65 – Senior (Aged 65 and over)
£65 - Disabled (with carer admitted free if required)
£40 – Student (including adults in full time education)
£30 – Juvenile (Aged 13 to 17)
£12.50 - Junior & Young Lichtie Member (12 and Under)

The half price season ticket offer is incredible value for money and you can really help support the Lichties!

These are the cinch Scottish Championship League games that are included in the Half Price Season ticket, and of course any end-of-season play-off matches.

20 – Wednesday 29th December – Arbroath v Hamilton Academical – 7.45pm
21 – Sunday 2nd January – Arbroath v Inverness Caledonian Thistle – 3pm
24 – Saturday 29th January – Arbroath v Partick Thistle – 3pm
25 – Saturday 5th February – Arbroath v Kilmarnock – 3pm
28 – Saturday 5th March – Arbroath v Dunfermline Athletic – 3pm
30 – Saturday 19th March – Arbroath v Ayr United – 3pm
31 – Saturday 26th March – Arbroath v Raith Rovers – 3pm
34 – Saturday 16th April – Arbroath v Queen of the South – 3pm
36 – Friday 29th April – Arbroath v Greenock Morton – 7.45pm

Thank you and see you at Gayfield soon!

C’mon the Lichties

Edited by Gayfield

This season just gets better and better.

Frustrating that we've struggled more against the bottom half teams - 4 draws that we should have won would have had us clear at the top... if my auntie had balls.

Slightly contoversial question but will Nicky Low get back into this team? Took a while to adjust to him being missing but we're flying at the moment.