The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol: It's just a slow week at work. I have a few threads that I keep quite a close eye on because they tend to be quite active and I have a bit of an interest in what's going on. Nothing more sinister than that.

Thank you. 😂  It’s been playing on my mind ever since you said it. I know you know your stuff so was starting to fear that it was just around the corner. 

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Thank you. 😂  It’s been playing on my mind ever since you said it. I know you know your stuff so was starting to fear that it was just around the corner. 

Maybe he's the reason most of the trialists from last week are away down the road 👀

In all seriousness though, it might not even be Arbroath who he has an offer from. Or it's all just nonsense. I just thought it was worth mentioning, especially given I'd been told him to EK was a done deal prior to our playoff final. Which Mick Kennedy was it.

Watch him rock up at Airdrie or Morton now and scored four times against you lot!

1 hour ago, lichtgilphead said:

Since when has anyone had to wait for hospitality to be "announced" before making an enquiry? I'll bet that the phone was ringing by 9:05 from both Lichties & Arabs.

It often looks like you are only moaning for the sake of it.

I know guys who had booked hospitality for the Dundee games last season before Dundee had even been relegated the season before that.

Regarding trialists.

Absolutely we should be looking at them. Problem is we need these players to come in and make a difference to our squad straight away. We offer them no time to develop if they show any sign of weakness to their game.

With no reserve/development team for a player to play games in and work on gaining match fitness and sharpness, they are a basically in a sink or swim situation.

Unless the club is willing to buy players that we know are the standard we want or outbid other teams for players that are free agents, we need to look for players outwith Scotland to bolster our squad.

But as i said these players are in a sink or swim situation. And we must be resigned to the fact if we do sign these remaining 2 trialiste they might turn out to be duff signings in the long run.

But then again they could be amazing.

1 minute ago, RedLichtie86 said:

That kit is better than the away kit thats for sure. But still meh

This is true, but would’ve preferred a fu****g CF

9 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

It’s a 3rd kit announcement. 
fucking Christ 

Obviously selling 2300 wasn't enough....

Regarding trialists you don't mind one or two but 8 or 9 is a bit much, you would hope they had done enough homework to realise they were worth trying out tho, kinda glad most of then are away, I think everyone has the fear after last season,

I'm all for signing more recognised players to the Scottish game but no that's not as easy we think, hopefully there's some good news regarding players coming in soon