The Arbroath Thread

54 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

P3 W0 D0 L3 F1 A7 Pts 0

Says it all.

Pumped one game by the team that will win the league and narrowly beaten by one of the other top teams in the other 2 is what it says 

I have been pissed off and unhappy but it’s extremely harsh in my opinion to give the players a hard time after that today

If there’s more of that then I personally would have no complaints

1 hour ago, DUAFC said:

There is a common link however

Not really - new season , new squad and more to arrive.

Queens were very lucky to win today - absolutely nothing between the teams.

I agree the subs were an error and before they had time to settle Queens strolled through midfield for their goal ( one of their very few chances).

A lost opportunity to gain points today.

11 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Pumped one game by the team that will win the league and narrowly beaten by one of the other top teams in the other 2 is what it says 

I have been pissed off and unhappy but it’s extremely harsh in my opinion to give the players a hard time after that today

If there’s more of that then I personally would have no complaints

When it boils down to it the only stat that matters is the points column.

I’m beyond giving the players a hard time, it’s not their fault.

I’m really not convinced that United and QP are as wonderful as we’re making them out to be, I think everyone in the league is potentially decent. Time will tell I suppose but I really don’t think we have any “easy” or “easier” games coming up.

Willing to give the management team one more chance next week against someone else, although if Morton play like they did today then we’re in for a tough day. 

If we’re still sitting on 0 points this time next week then what do we say? “Ah but Morton are one of the favourites, we’ll start winning soon once we play XYZ”

What is the tipping point?

12 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Not really - new season , new squad and more to arrive.

Who? You say this in every single post.

All the best players are gone. No one is sitting at home twiddling their thumbs waiting for the phone to ring.

We may get a loan or two but we know the quality isn’t what it used to be. However that’s still better than what we have at the moment.

Maybe the management are resigned to this being it until Hamilton comes back?

If your going to bring on 3 forward players then please bring on Allan to set them up. What's the point of him sitting on the bench for 90 mins. I think he was just the player we needed for that game.

I thought queens were fairly poor and they must be delighted with 3 points today. 

2 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

If your going to bring on 3 forward players then please bring on Allan to set them up. What's the point of him sitting on the bench for 90 mins. I think he was just the player we needed for that game.

I thought queens were fairly poor and they must be delighted with 3 points today. 

He brought on 2 to add to the 1 striker already on if you weren’t there. But yes the subs cost us the game

possibly Allan has ongoing issues that hasn’t clarified by the club going forward meaning his limited game time? 👀 

1 hour ago, SmokeyJoe said:

He brought on 2 to add to the 1 striker already on if you weren’t there. But yes the subs cost us the game

possibly Allan has ongoing issues that hasn’t clarified by the club going forward meaning his limited game time? 👀 

He was on the bench and warming up. 

Play him!

56 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Doesn’t necessarily mean he’s able to play. Could just be filling the bench. 

hammys running about passing a ball about now too shall we play him ? 

Hammy wasn't on the bench.  If Allan isnt fit to play, he shouldn't be on the bench.  I suspect the problem is nothing to do with his fitness, I think its Dick refusing to play him.

10 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

When it boils down to it the only stat that matters is the points column.

I’m beyond giving the players a hard time, it’s not their fault.

I’m really not convinced that United and QP are as wonderful as we’re making them out to be, I think everyone in the league is potentially decent. Time will tell I suppose but I really don’t think we have any “easy” or “easier” games coming up.

Willing to give the management team one more chance next week against someone else, although if Morton play like they did today then we’re in for a tough day. 

If we’re still sitting on 0 points this time next week then what do we say? “Ah but Morton are one of the favourites, we’ll start winning soon once we play XYZ”

What is the tipping point?

If we play like we did today we will pick up our fair share of points over the course of the season.

First 2 games not at it at all but a noticeable difference today in every way. 

Came off on the wrong end of a result and that can happen when you’re playing against good teams. 

Morton will be favourites next week too. We’re up against it most games and that’s just how the seasons going to be. 

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Has anyone else noticed that over the summer our players must have been coached to lean back whilst shooting? Almost every effort we have from outside the box seems to go over the bar

At least we're taking shots.  It felt like we could go entire matches without seeing an attempt on goal last season.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

After watching their goal back that was just a ridiculously good pass and don’t think it was anything to do with formations or bodies in middle of park etc etc. Just a real moment of quality from them..

It was also  just about the only forward pass he made all game

Has anyone else noticed that over the summer our players must have been coached to lean back whilst shooting? Almost every effort we have from outside the box seems to go over the bar

Aye, our shooting from mid range was absolutely abysmal, bordering on embarrassing.

Clearly a rugby coach has been involved.

Think Stowe trying to score a worldie and trying a wee bit too hard but would definitely persist with him, he defends and gets back well and you always fancy him to beat a player.

If he keeps playing and gets a break I think a wee bit of confidence would do him the world of good and he’d go on to be very good for us. 

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think Stowe trying to score a worldie and trying a wee bit too hard but would definitely persist with him, he defends and gets back well and you always fancy him to beat a player.

If he keeps playing and gets a break I think a wee bit of confidence would do him the world of good and he’d go on to be very good for us. 

Thought he had the beating of the full back