The Arbroath Thread

On Scott Allan, Clyde’s board sent an email to owners today saying we were due to loan in a midfielder from a Championship club but injuries for his parent club prevented the player joining us in time for today’s game with the move now expected to be confirmed ahead of the next game.

I have absolutely no idea who this midfielder could be but a few Clyde fans have been looking at team lines in the Championship trying to guess (life’s pretty boring when you’re crap in League 2). Any possibility that Allan could be a shout? No insider info just pure, unadulterated, speculation. 

1 minute ago, SReplay said:

On Scott Allan, Clyde’s board sent an email to owners today saying we were due to loan in a midfielder from a Championship club but injuries for his parent club prevented the player joining us in time for today’s game with the move now expected to be confirmed ahead of the next game.

I have absolutely no idea who this midfielder could be but a few Clyde fans have been looking at team lines in the Championship trying to guess (life’s pretty boring when you’re crap in League 2). Any possibility that Allan could be a shout? No insider info just pure, unadulterated, speculation. 

No chance, he's already joined Larne on loan.  Plus he doesn't have any prior convictions.

49 minutes ago, SReplay said:

He joined Larne on a season long loan last week.

53 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Wonder if it’s Jacobs or Norey?

56 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Aye, we couldn't fill a bench today!  Or any other day.  

Would suggest they’re will be teams every week, not filling their bench, by choice 

Jermaine Hylton seems like such a lovely guy to the boys always smiling. Also shows you some of the things we might not think about as fans, was mentioning how his family still haven’t found an apartment. Been a great option for us and hopefully we can get him tied down to the end of the season.

48 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I noticed that DC came down from the stand and was shouting at Bird about 5 mins before he was subbed and took him down the tunnel for a 1 on 1 when he went off. Not sure what he was getting upset about and it wasn't mentioned on the interviews. 

I took it as he was getting an earful for going straight down the tunnel instead of sitting in the bench to support the team l

54 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

I noticed that DC came down from the stand and was shouting at Bird about 5 mins before he was subbed and took him down the tunnel for a 1 on 1 when he went off. Not sure what he was getting upset about and it wasn't mentioned on the interviews. 

4 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I took it as he was getting an earful for going straight down the tunnel instead of sitting in the bench to support the team l

But he said it was before he come off 

Probably for playing on when he was injured 

24 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

He went to the bench when he came off but DC took him away to the tunnel for a chat before going back to the bench. He was annoyed about something. Not really important I suppose but wondered if anyone in the stand had heard what he was saying. 

56 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

He went to the bench when he came off but DC took him away to the tunnel for a chat before going back to the bench. He was annoyed about something. Not really important I suppose but wondered if anyone in the stand had heard what he was saying. 

We seen it from directly opposite, looks like they were pals at the end 

Great result - well done to the all players, they deserve full credit for making it 2 wins in a row.

Next, I would like to see us keeping clean sheets in matches - making Gayfield a fortress ( something I think we are close to achieving).

We have a talented squad of players - who are still finding their mojo - but things are starting to click.

Still expect 1-2 incoming players, probably a left back who can play in various positions to allow more options when Hammy returns.

Inverness in the cup next week - arguably them and Dundee United are our two toughest fixtures of the season.

40 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Great result - well done to the all players, they deserve full credit for making it 2 wins in a row.

Next, I would like to see us keeping clean sheets in matches - making Gayfield a fortress ( something I think we are close to achieving).

We have a talented squad of players - who are still finding their mojo - but things are starting to click.

Still expect 1-2 incoming players, probably a left back who can play in various positions to allow more options when Hammy returns.

Inverness in the cup next week - arguably them and Dundee United are our two toughest fixtures of the season.

Inverness surely looking a million miles off the level of Dundee United as it stands? They’ve lost some of their best players and not replaced them. Be nowhere near Dundee United come the end of the year

Also would hope we start the guys who have not been getting games against Inverness next week. Adams, Norey, Jacobs, Stowe etc

Edited by 1320Lichtie

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Also would hope we start the guys who have not been getting games against Inverness next week. Adams, Norey, Jacobs, Stowe etc

On the other hand, I would be reluctant to change the current setup since:  a) why change a winning, more settled formula especially given earlier criticisms of management making too many changes;  b) our very small squad (just compare our team-sheets versus the length of the opposition's in every game played so far) means most will get a runout sooner than later; and c) wouldn't it be a nice diversion to go on a serious cup run and remember Hamilton won this trophy last season.

Interesting to see Arbroath's shape after going ahead against Ayr.  We seemed to withdraw to our own half so any pressing really started only when the ball was in our half of the pitch.  I was wondering if this was a deliberate approach in response to our poor home record, trying to keep things very tight and hit on the counter.  to be fair, we did try second half to press higher up the pitch.

And finally .(after the conversation about segregation etc), our so-called PA system is virtually inaudible in most parts of the terracing.   

3 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

On the other hand, I would be reluctant to change the current setup since:  a) why change a winning, more settled formula especially given earlier criticisms of management making too many changes;  b) our very small squad (just compare our team-sheets versus the length of the opposition's in every game played so far) means most will get a runout sooner than later; and c) wouldn't it be a nice diversion to go on a serious cup run and remember Hamilton won this trophy last season.

Interesting to see Arbroath's shape after going ahead against Ayr.  We seemed to withdraw to our own half so any pressing really started only when the ball was in our half of the pitch.  I was wondering if this was a deliberate approach in response to our poor home record, trying to keep things very tight and hit on the counter.  to be fair, we did try second half to press higher up the pitch.

And finally .(after the conversation about segregation etc), our so-called PA system is virtually inaudible in most parts of the terracing.   

Hamilton won this trophy and got relegated so not sure what positive that was. 

I would take relegation in exchange for the Scottish Cup but not this trophy.