The Arbroath Thread

Need to give Hylton a healthy sum of money to keep him here for the full year 

Now Craig Slater is up to speed he’s strolling it, what a player, not just on the ball but off the ball too. Doing all the dirty stuff

Edited by 1320Lichtie

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Need to give Hylton a healthy sum of money to keep him here for the full year 

Now Craig Slater is up to speed he’s strolling it, what a player, not just on the ball but off the ball too. Doing all the dirty stuff

Absolutely 

Exceptional team performance today. So many contenders for man of the match - 10 I reckon as Gaston had no saves to make. No Ricky next week but Steele looks a competent stand-in. Maybe Lyon at RB if he’s fit enough. It would be a shame to move Gold from CM as he’s playing so well. 

51 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Exceptional team performance today. So many contenders for man of the match - 10 I reckon as Gaston had no saves to make. No Ricky next week but Steele looks a competent stand-in. Maybe Lyon at RB if he’s fit enough. It would be a shame to move Gold from CM as he’s playing so well. 

If you are correct and it was Gold ( I thought it was Ricky but might be wrong ) then it would be over turned surely? Mistaken identity is a thing with yellows is it not

28 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If you are correct and it was Gold ( I thought it was Ricky but might be wrong ) then it would be over turned surely? Mistaken identity is a thing with yellows is it not

I thought there were 2 fouls within seconds of each other, Gold with the first and Ricky with the second and that clown decided to give it for the 2nd foul

My thoughts were that Gold fouled the player and he was stumbling and fell into Little. For me it was Gold who committed the foul and he was the one that should have seen yellow. Might change my mind when I see the replay though.

Worst decision wasn't even the refs but the offside against Hylton second half which is still baffling me as he must have been 10 yards onside. 

10 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Aye defo thought gold fouled and boy was falling into ricky harsh imo 

That's what I thought too.  I'd have to see it again, but I was baffled by that first booking.  The ref seemed pretty sure, to the point where it looked like he was offering to meet ToB in the car park after the match for a square go.

14 minutes ago, SmokeyJoe said:

Aye defo thought gold fouled and boy was falling into ricky harsh imo 

3 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

That's what I thought too.  I'd have to see it again, but I was baffled by that first booking.  The ref seemed pretty sure, to the point where it looked like he was offering to meet ToB in the car park after the match for a square go.

Think Ricky’s 2nd booking was caused by, him seething over the 1st

2 hours ago, Smokerson said:

There was some crazy shouts from people on here 3 weeks ago wanting the manager sacked. LOL

aye coz 3 wins makes everything ok LOL

Great few results and we want the momentum to keep going, but you must be awfy stupid if you think a couple of wins gets him off the hook

2 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Great few results and we want the momentum to keep going, but you must be awfy stupid if you think a couple of wins gets him off the hook

I don’t even think it’s a couple of wins, I think it’s the last 5 performances - clearly signed well, the whole team is giving their absolute all for the manager and we look well drilled.

We’re not going to win every game, I’m sure we will go through more patchy and poor form results wise too - but if all of the above is happening then what more could you ask for?

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 minute ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Yeah it's been terrible being an Arbroath fan since Campbell took over....

3 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

I've said before that I wasn't happy with the management, but I don't think they could possibly have delivered any more than they have.  The signings they have brought in have clearly been a level up on the previous 2 windows, the performances have been really good, and even in the QP game we didn't win, there were plenty of positives to take.    

I have said before that I think its incredibly difficult to turn round a losing team when the momentum is against them and the confidence is low.  Often, even the most patient of clubs will pull the trigger just to get the boost of having a fresh face in charge.  Our management team has shown that they can turn around bad form and deliver results.  

As far as I'm concerned, he's off the hook.