The Arbroath Thread

5 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Squad size is fine no matter how often you mention it.

How! We’ve got 4 on the bench today. What if this was an important league game?

It’s tin pot as f**k not being able to fill a bench.

TNS have 9 on the bench and we have Keegan Jacobs and Jess Norey.

Edited by Tattie36

8 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

I was going to stream this but TNS website seems to be inaccessible??

THis is the site you need, rather than the TNS website:

https://www.247.tv/live/football/video/1214575-the-new-saints-v-arbroath-spfl-trust-trophy-quarter-final-saturday-18th-nov-2023-2-30pm

Edited to clarify, this is the official stream linked by our official site.  Stream is working for me.

Edited by ExiledLichtie

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

How! We’ve got 4 on the bench today. What if this was an important league game?

It’s tin pot as f**k not being able to fill a bench.

TNS have 9 on the bench and we have Keegan Jacobs and Jess Norey.

We would have a starting 11 and 3 outfield subs and a GK the same as this game. We have players missing already. We don't have reserves etc. Can't just spend money on players we might need twice a season. 4 subs is not ideal but it's not a massive deal.

Just now, Hammerafc said:

We would have a starting 11 and 3 outfield subs and a GK the same as this game. We have players missing already. We don't have reserves etc. Can't just spend money on players we might need twice a season. 4 subs is not ideal but it's not a massive deal.

It could easily be a massive deal. Not having the ability to change 5 outfield players in a game puts you at a potentially big disadvantage. With Dicks propensity to make 3 subs at once we could be in a situation with an injury where our sub goalie has to play outfield. That would be embarrassing at junior level never mind our level. Not saying it’ll happen but the more games we play without a full bench, the more likely a scenario like that becomes reality.

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Stewart steele and Hammy with Dow and Stowe wing backs, 

Gold and Lyons in middle with mckenna behind Turan and Bird

Hmmm, I was seeing it as a back 4 with Lyon just not doing a very good job at right back.  I've been disappointed in our defence, because its been a total mess, but further forward, I also don't feel Turan has been involved in the game.  

1 minute ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Hmmm, I was seeing it as a back 4 with Lyon just not doing a very good job at right back.  I've been disappointed in our defence, because its been a total mess, but further forward, I also don't feel Turan has been involved in the game.  

If Lyon is playing Right Back he needs taken off for spending the game floating about in middle of the park,

Turan has been very poor, but so has Mckenna, Stowe, Dow, 

Just not a good half for us, but 

Just now, timlichtie said:

A totally threadbare squad for this game and it shows. A shame for the big Lichtie support that has travelled. Hard to see us turning it around in the second half with no real options on the bench.

But but but it’s fine…. our squad is big enough and good enough. This bullshit keeps getting repeated on here.