The Arbroath Thread

On 13/11/2023 at 15:08, clashcityrocker said:

They have average gates of 300 - wonder how they can afford to be full time ?

Will be a tough match - but a win is required to boost confidence and also a potential semi - final earner against United ( if they win their match).

They are fulltime helped by a million quid they get each year for champions league qualifying,we wer ther last month,enjoy the trip whosever going 

2 hours ago, JoseMarooniho said:

Expecting a difficult game but these boys drew with East Fife and we’re 13/2 for the win. What am I missing? 

We have a good few missing, in poor form and conceding terrible goals and they are in good form banging in plenty goals 😂 only games they’ve lost are the European qualifiers 

On 16/11/2023 at 07:15, lichtie23 said:

Il take some of that! 

I've got you on at 7/1 in my accumulator. Couldn't resist those odds knowing EF came within 15 minutes of getting a win down there and Accies beat them pre-season.

Will be a tough test but more than capable to get the win

On 17/11/2023 at 10:48, SmokeyJoe said:

We have a good few missing, in poor form and conceding terrible goals and they are in good form banging in plenty goals 😂 only games they’ve lost are the European qualifiers 

How many do you have missing?

TNS have had 7-0, 6-1 and a 9-0 win in last five but surely the odds on Arbroath are ridiculous 🤷🏻‍♂️

44 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Odds into 7.00 on bet365. Double chance (draw or win) at 3.00 is decent value, imo.

In the last round William Hill were betting 4-1 (If I remember correctly) on East fife scoring over 1.5 goals, I had a few quid on it as I watched us against them the year before and they were shit (so were we but it was doddle). East fife are 7th in League 2. It finished 2-2 in Wales/England and EF lost on pens.

Today Arbroath are 7/4 with Bet 365 for the same bet, 6/1 for over 2.5 goals.

I'll be having a few pence on both and hope that Arbroath pump them, no idea where the get these odds from but they look totally mispriced.

Checking the world club rankings in some weird website the have TNS at 66 one place behind Rangers, for context Dundee are ranked 2,100.

If the Bookies are using that shit for odds we could be on a winner.

World Ranking #66
# Club Points
65 Rangers 1683
66 The New Saints 1682
67 AZ Alkmaar 1682
68 Monaco 1679

1 minute ago, Tattie36 said:

Wow - that lineup and bench, f**k me!

I'm trying to work it out.

I'm assuming Hamilton and Steele in the middle, Stewart at left back, and then Gold or Lyon at right back?  Midfield of Gold/Lyon sitting, then Dow next to him?  McKenna/Turan and Stowe in the attacking 3, and then Bird up front?  Does that sound likely?

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

I'm trying to work it out.

I'm assuming Hamilton and Steele in the middle, Stewart at left back, and then Gold or Lyon at right back?  Midfield of Gold/Lyon sitting, then Dow next to him?  McKenna/Turan and Stowe in the attacking 3, and then Bird up front?  Does that sound likely?

Who knows but it looks horrible to me. Only 4 on the bench including a keeper. I’ve been saying for ages that our squad is too small. A few injuries etc and it puts us at such a disadvantage.

6 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Who knows but it looks horrible to me. Only 4 on the bench including a keeper. I’ve been saying for ages that our squad is too small. A few injuries etc and it puts us at such a disadvantage.

Squad size is fine no matter how often you mention it.