The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

on current form I would say it’s very very unlikely.

No one is going to disagree with that - of course we won't beat teams if we are still off form - that is clearly understood - never seen any posts disputing that.

The point is, if we can get back on form, we will give these teams a game - but ONLY if we get our form back.

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Our two games in hand are against Dunfermline and Raith and we have a good track record against both clubs.

If we hit form we will give these teams a game - of that I am certain.

The question is, will we be ready, will the good run of form return or will be be off form and struggling - this will be the deciding matter.

If we remain stuck in a bad run of form then of course we will lose these games - that is clearly understood.

We are all hoping we can return to form and get back on track.

The result against Dunfermline last season was my personal low point of the year.  One of the worst bits of management I've ever seen.  I could easily see it happening again.

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Just asking but are TNS world beaters or was it an off day for your team.

They are a decent outfit, probably as good as anyone we've played this year apart from DU I'd say, we were shite to be honest, we were under strength with a lot of injuries and a makeshift starting 11 and only 3 outfield subs (shocking I know). Think you will have a tough game on your hands, but all the best

10 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Our two games in hand are against Dunfermline and Raith and we have a good track record against both clubs.

If we hit form we will give these teams a game - of that I am certain.

The question is, will we be ready, will the good run of form return or will be be off form and struggling - this will be the deciding matter.

If we remain stuck in a bad run of form then of course we will lose these games - that is clearly understood.

We are all hoping we can return to form and get back on track.

I don't doubt you can give Rovers and Dunfermline a game, but you've won one game in your last eight against Raith, which doesn't feel like a particularly good track record. 

3 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I don't doubt you can give Rovers and Dunfermline a game, but you've won one game in your last eight against Raith, which doesn't feel like a particularly good track record. 

We also haven’t played Dunfermline in the league since March 22 (although we got hammered by them in the diddy cup last season) but why let facts get in the way of a classic Clashy fantasy post.

1 hour ago, Tattie36 said:

but why let facts get in the way of a classic Clashy fantasy post.

We are all in agreement that we are suffering a loss of form since late Oct - this has had an impact on results.

Saturday's result was unacceptable - but if the player's can find their mojo, recover their form, gain self belief and recover from their injuries we will have a good squad ( yes, we need to sign a defender and midfielder ) - but we have a very good squad who have lost their form.

Get our form back and we can give these teams a game - it's a matter of getting the player's confidence back and getting them focused into winning games - at the moment we have been derailed.

This is no fantasy post - regain our form and we will start winning games.

DC and the coaching squad will be working on these things this week - a good result on Sat could be the starting point of recovery.

On 19/11/2023 at 18:49, lichtie23 said:

I mind them playing 2 wingers who absolutely destroyed us. Think one of them was a lad named Manson

Phil Hobbins! He absolutely roasted one of our full-backs that day.

Genuinely one of the worst games I've ever been to.

40 minutes ago, danlichtie said:

Went 1-0 up early and looked like we would cruise through. I’m positive the team paid for supporters travel to Airdrie the week after to say sorry 

52 minutes ago, danlichtie said:

Aside from being hammered, another thing that sticks in my head about that game is that we had what looked like a perfectly good goal not given. I think it was 1-1 or 1-2 at the time, the ball looked like it was a good foot over the line before their keeper saved it. that seemed to knock the stuffing out of us a little although Spartans were brilliant that day and worthy winners so not sure it would have made much difference.