The Arbroath Thread

Just now, Tattie36 said:

A big worry is what manager would want to come in to this car crash?

The clubs still a big sell for a part time gaffer and there still are good players at the club - we will also pay as well as if not a bit more than any other part time club - it would be attractive to plenty of managers I’m sure 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

The clubs still a big sell for a part time gaffer and there still are good players at the club - we will also pay as well as if not a bit more than any other part time club - it would be attractive to plenty of managers I’m sure 

Yeah you’re probably right.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Would be surprised if anything does change though to be honest. 

Can’t survive this surely. A big mistake from the club if they continue to back him. Already loads of fans disillusioned and I’m sure we’ve lost a few for good.

12 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

A big worry is what manager would want to come in to this car crash?

I don't think things are that bad.  We have good players there, the club is well run, we are not a knee jerk club, and there would be some latitude for signings.  For a part time manager, surely its a desirable job?

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Can’t survive this surely. A big mistake from the club if they continue to back him. Already loads of fans disillusioned and I’m sure we’ve lost a few for good.

Certainly disillusioned and fed up but definitely won’t have lost any support, for the terrible start we had this year and how last year ended there has still been a good backing and support and we still had that wee enjoyable spell in the middle of this. 

I have said several times what I think the problem is with DC - I think the ‘magic’ he had over fans and the players is well and truly gone and when that’s gone you’re not left with very much else. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Honestly just think DC has run his course. No hard feelings or anything and I think we can all agree he’s done absolute wonders for us but it just feels like he’s run out of ideas. The team feels so flat and it’s starting to get so poisonous, feel like we just have to cut our losses before it gets any worse. 

I did think some of the shouts at the end that got personal like calling him a fat c**t etc were too far but I think to him it’s incredulous that we would be voicing our concerns so much, like to him I feel like he thinks he’s above it all in a sense. There’s such a disconnect right now and it’s horrible going to games and that’s not something we want to continue at all.

1 minute ago, ellichtie said:

Honestly just think DC has run his course. No hard feelings or anything and I think we can all agree he’s done absolute wonders for us but it just feels like he’s run out of ideas. The team feels so flat and it’s starting to get so poisonous, feel like we just have to cut our losses before it gets any worse. 

I did think some of the shouts at the end that got personal like calling him a fat c**t etc were too far but I think to him it’s incredulous that we would be voicing our concerns so much, like to him I feel like he thinks he’s above it all in a sense. There’s such a disconnect right now and it’s horrible going to games and that’s not something we want to continue at all.

That’s totally out of order. Who’s shouting that, definitely an Arbroath fan? 

Dick has had all the patience in the world to be honest. I mean I don’t know where it is now but @RedLichtie86done a summary of how bad last season actually was from his point of view. For me the treatment of Bobby was the worst of all - but plenty including myself stuck right by him up until very recently.