The Arbroath Thread

DC in many ways a victim of his own success - up until last season we were punching above our weight - along with Bert Henderson he is our most successful manager.

Can we regroup and bounce back ? Does he have enough credit in the bank ? Would a new manager come anywhere close to reaching his success ?

If we did get relegated DC has probably the best record of getting lower teams promoted - he has proved he can do this.

Passions are running high - some fans are content to just survive relegation, others have expectation .

Would be careful before making any decisions - the club, management , players and fans will all be upset on how recent results have went.

Just now, clashcityrocker said:

DC in many ways a victim of his own success - up until last season we were punching above our weight - along with Bert Henderson he is our most successful manager.

Can we regroup and bounce back ? Does he have enough credit in the bank ? Would a new manager come anywhere close to reaching his success ?

If we did get relegated DC has probably the best record of getting lower teams promoted - he has proved he can do this.

Passions are running high - some fans are content to just survive relegation, others have expectation .

Would be careful before making any decisions - the club, management , players and fans will all be upset on how recent results have went.

The success is history. I actually think the way DC used to be as a manager and as a man is long gone too he’s not been his happy cheery charismatic self for a long time - and that is such a huge part of his management style.

Whats for the best needs to be in the here and now - not based on overall records - if that was the case he’d be here forever regardless because nobody will ever come close to doing what he did  

Even though I’ve wanted him gone for sometime - really since the home 1-1 v Cove back in Oct ‘22, I’m actually feeling really sad about this and the way it’s come about. There’s no doubt that he’ll go down as a massive figure in our history but I just wish he’d left before things got unsavoury and the fans started to resent him - me included. His achievements deserved a more dignified end at the club.

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but I just wish he’d resigned at the top - at the end of 21/22 or the end of last season at worst.

A big well done to all the Smokies who got their wish tonight, driving out a management team that has made the club relevant for the first time in its entire history. Of course, the irony is that Dick had already started his own succession planning when bringing in Stuart Malcolm, who he'd have been able to mentor and guide. Now, you're stuck with Malcolm and no guidance, and so probably lumped with a poor guy who'll be totally out of his depth with about 6 weeks of knowing the squad.

You reap what you sow, and I hope you'll look back at this moment with  regret when you're preparing for the League 2 relegation play-offs in a few year's time - while I and the rest of Scottish football point and laugh. Talk about getting too big for your boots. Wankers.

Just now, Wee man the jackass said:

A big well done to all the Smokies who got their wish tonight, driving out a management team that has made the club relevant for the first time in its entire history. Of course, the irony is that Dick had already started his own succession planning when bringing in Stuart Malcolm, who he'd have been able to mentor and guide. Now, you're stuck with Malcolm and no guidance, and so probably lumped with a poor guy who'll be totally out of his depth with about 6 weeks of knowing the squad.

You reap what you sow, and I hope you'll look back at this moment with  regret when you're preparing for the League 2 relegation play-offs in a few year's time - while I and the rest of Scottish football point and laugh. Talk about getting too big for your boots. Wankers.

This is embarrassing. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. 

1 minute ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Lowland League thread for you big man.

2 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

Jog on......

Just now, Wee man the jackass said:

Get down, diddies. My track record speaks for itself. Your ego has killed your club. Shame!

Our ego?

Nobody will be enjoying this, this is an extremely sad day.

Dicks done what no other manager will ever do for us, however that does not excuse 18 months worth of on the whole very poor decisions and management. 

In the here and now this decision is probably for the best. 

Arbroath fans will understand this - Clyde fans with names like ‘wee man the jackass’ absolutely will not understand this. 👍🏻

9 minutes ago, Wee man the jackass said:

I'm not even a Lichties fan, but I've always had nothing but respect for the club. Even as an outsider, I'm fucking squirming with embarrassment at this. Put down the bottle and step away from the computer FFS.

Edited by Chippyminton