The Arbroath Thread

Poor dick was just running out of steam and it was time to go , I honestly didn’t like McIntyre would ever get another go after his time at dens and cove , I wouldn’t put him in charge of a primary school team , 

Just now, Wee jeemie said:

Poor dick was just running out of steam and it was time to go , I honestly didn’t like McIntyre would ever get another go after his time at dens and cove , I wouldn’t put him in charge of a primary school team , 

So basically haverin a load of shite then. Off you pop

1 minute ago, Wee jeemie said:

Look I know you don’t have a game the day, and you don’t rate McIntyre, do us a favour, and f**k off to you’re own league 

5 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

Do you not have a pitch to be draining?

1 minute ago, ecto said:

Look I know you don’t have a game the day, and you don’t rate McIntyre, do us a favour, and f**k off to you’re own league 

Sorry I’m just annoyed, believe it or not I had uncles in benidict rd and glenogil dr , and spent a lot of weekends in Arbroath in the 60s early 70s going to see Arbroath, during jimmy Jack , Dennis Bruce and the captain Stirling , then ny friend Billy Wells played Center half for late 70s early 80s , so I’m just annoyed and really want you to stay up but can’t see it with that clown in charge , anyway I’ll go for now 

On 05/01/2024 at 16:50, clashcityrocker said:

McIntyre will know that the new signings will make or break his reputation at Gayfield - he will be well aware of the consequences of signing players who don't deliver - he will surely have all players watched and perhaps invited to a few training sessions .

What really pleases me is how good the "fringe" players have been playing - they have really taken their chance and clicked as a unit.

The gift that just keeps on giving. 

Just now, virginton said:

Isn’t he just, now you can f**k off also, and enjoy you’re evening 

Ayr

Ayr

Morton

Airdrie 

Dunfermline

Inverness 

QP

- the games that could make or break the season. 

It is going to be hard - ToB, Little, McKenna and Gold spine of our team all fucked

Slater and Steele 2 of the more reliable guys out now too 

Hylton best attacking threat off

Some job he’s got 

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Another 90th minute poster - anyone can post negative comments after the match - nothing clever about that.

Maybe if you had actually seen Arbroath playing over the past 4 games you might know what you were talking about .............

2 minutes ago, TheRoundO said:

Stowe is a promising young player who should be getting a few minutes as a sub this season. 
where is Hylton?  Has he gone?

Exactly this.  In an ideal world, he'd be coming on late on, starting occasionally, and possibly even spending a few months on loan with a league 1/league 2 team.  Unfortunately, we are flat out of options.

Still, lets release him.  We can release him at the same time we release Norey, Turan, probably the new guy, Balde, and Hylton.

ETA, Hylton came off at half time the other game with an injury at the same time as Gold, and hasn't been since.  I'm assuming he's injured?

Edited by ExiledLichtie

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Another 90th minute poster - anyone can post negative comments after the match - nothing clever about that.

Maybe if you had actually seen Arbroath playing over the past 4 games you might know what you were talking about .............

You've been consistently touting your squad as one of the best in the division all season - yet you've sacked one manager, got horsed again today and are bottom of the league. 

Your delusions are simply being pointed and laughed at. 

That results been coming Jim said already we are running on fumes. Boys look absolutely shattered but that’s what happens when you have to play every 90 minutes. Jim probably overachieved points wise since he’s come in with the squad he’s had available to him.

The balance Campbell had in that squad was suicidal. A few injuries or suspensions to key players would have been a disaster and it struck probably worse than imaginable. 

Huge game next week...reinforcements to the squad are an absolute must, no excuses. For all that's said about "oh our season won't be defined by points against United etc" other teams continually manage to get points against them whilst we lie down and get pumped.