The Arbroath Thread

58 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

It's hard but until we are able to get reinforcements in our hands are tied. Boys playing out of position all over the shop, low on confidence, knowing that if they go over their ankle at the wrong time the sub goalie might have to come on outfield. Hopefully we can get at least 2 in this week and kick on from there. I didn't go today, how was the new lad Walker at right back?

Much improvement required for Walker

56 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Wait until you see the highlights of the 2nd goal. The. You will see what Walker was like 

Absolutely positioning was awful 

Jim after match reaction summed it up.

Walker first game in 8 weeks, needs time to get up to speed. He threw him in as they needed him to play. (Probably one of the only ones without an injury)

Asking boys to play out of position thankless task and hopeful to gets boys back from injury to get them playing in more familiar positions.

A lot of games. First full week they can just focus on training, resting, tactics etc.

Been a tough time on the players

32 minutes ago, Arbroath36.0! said:

Some amount of pish gets posted on this nowadays 😒 🙄 

Anyways onto next week massive crucial game against another poor team at the moment..hope a few boys will be alright and few new signings come in from tomorrow onwards as we can't really afford to be going into championship games week in and out with 3 fit players on the bench and boys playing through injuries or struggling.

Just need to get behind jum and the lads in this crucial period of the season and at the club 

“Jum” 

awful attempt at patter 

2 hours ago, Lichteeeeee said:

Clashy

Your posts are fucking drivel

Last year after one win, you said we would all eat humble pie when we won at Dundee in feb, regarding Dick Campbell, he’s long gone and you backed him at the time, guy has failed us in the last few years.

After one win the other week, you have said fringe players are great and one or two more signings and we will have a great squad, were rock bottom and that cannot be denied.

Its all good and well supporting your team, but the absolute drivel you talk about, does literally run out your mouth.

We are a fucking gang at present

Iv never liked a single post so much. 

Walker was poor at 2nd goal I have to say, Gaston needs dropped and give Ali a chance,, kick up the arse for Gats if nothing else,, I thought we were unlucky to go in behind at half time, but 2nd half was just abysmal,, until we get the heart of our team back from injury if isn't going to get any better. 

5 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

A lot will ride on who we can sign this window. The squad certainly needs improvement in order to stay up.

Under Dick i had no hope of us staying up. Other than that 4 game spell we looked bereft of structure, composure and fight. Players heads were down more often than not. Tactics, shape, selection just didnt work.

Now Jim has come in to a squad that was in a dire state.

No Dow or McKenna. A defence struggling with fitness issues. And clearly with low morale.

First game against Morton and we looked more organised. Players heads up and giving it a good go. Losing Ricky to a bad injury early on wasnt the ideal start but Jim rejigged the team and kept a cool head. We lost 2-1 but most can agree things looked more positive.

Next game against Raith and we played out our skin. Conceding a late late goal was a sickner. But again more positives.

Next 3 games. W-D-D. 5 valuable points. A fantastic win away to ICT despite only having 2 recognised defenders. A draw to Dunfermline in a game we should have won thanks to Hylton getting Bird sent off and again conceding a late goal. Followed by the Puskas goal helping getting a draw to the league leaders away from home.

Each game we seem to be digging in deep, well structured and giving the opposition a hell of a time. Bit it has come at a cost.....

Mounting injuries have left us with the bare bones. So the last 2 games have been a huge ask on the players and management to get a good result. And we have failed to get anything.

Next week we face Ayr at home. We need either key players back or new players in as the squad is in such a weak state. A result with what we have is not out of the question but having more options would go a long way to helping.

Overall i am happy with what Jim McIntyre has done so far especially with what he came in to. He has this window to strengthen and give it a good go at staying up. We will all have to see how the rest of the season goes though. But I have hope.....

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ayr

Ayr

Morton

Airdrie 

Dunfermline

Inverness 

QP

- the games that could make or break the season. 

It is going to be hard - ToB, Little, McKenna and Gold spine of our team all fucked

Slater and Steele 2 of the more reliable guys out now too 

Hylton best attacking threat off

Some job he’s got 

👌🇱🇻⚽🔥 

I am positive it will all come good again once the injured players start to return week by week and we add to the squad but as @1320Lichtiesaid it’s these next 6 games that will go a long way to shaping and defining our season. We have just played the top 3 in the space of a week during a tough time but from next week we go again against the teams around us 🇱🇻⚽🔥💪 Huge double header Vrs a struggling Ayr side so that is massive.

Raith Vrs United for the Title 🏆

Partick in limbo

4th-10th Could finish in any combination 

When we have our full team back we are more than capable of beating anyone in this league so we just need to stop panicking and keep the faith as I have seen enough from Jim and the way we are playing to see we can definitely stay up 🇱🇻⚽💪 It’s a real shame as this huge injury list is so unprecedented and making his job even tougher so that’s why it’s so important we keep the faith and don’t give up hope yet. 

Scott Stewart is playing centre half right now and we all don’t even really see it as a big deal. When you really stop and think about it it’s mental, but we have just been so used to it for so long. 

A lot of important players out - we are still in the mix after they 3 tough games. I didn’t think we would be not too long ago. Didn’t expect us to pick up the 5 points we did with what we have had available.

Fingers crossed players start coming back in to the team and that McIntyre can work things out in the window. 

I would’ve absolutely taken the position we are in right now before that away game we had up in Inverness. I thought we were doomed before then.

It would be nice if we got a more up to date squad update regarding the guys that are out,

If Hylton is away then surely there is someone lined up to replace him or has been hurried up after the incident with Bird 

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

It would be nice if we got a more up to date squad update regarding the guys that are out,

If Hylton is away then surely there is someone lined up to replace him or has been hurried up after the incident with Bird 

I believe his contract ran out either today or yesterday 

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Knowing how long they would be out, would be nice

Hylton did really well for us, and I'm sad to see him go.  Presumably the club will put up a thanks and goodbye message.  I've seen some chat on the internet about him going to Hamilton...surely not?  Surely he could have his pick of the championship or even lower SPL?

Just now, Tattie36 said:

I would also love some kind of update on the injury situation - completely understand though why the club might not be too keen to divulge this information to the rest of the league.

I think this is it: