The Arbroath Thread

8 hours ago, RedLichtie86 said:

free pies

Where do I sign? 😛😛😛

Joking aside, Morton is fan-owned as you’ll doubtless be aware. We currently have just over 1000 ownership ‘shareholder’ members who each contribute a minimum of £10 a month = a pretty insignificant sum. But that’s £10k a month going into the club minimum. Many of our supporters contribute more. The physical and monetary benefits are’t massive (concessions on season ticket price being the most obvious one) but we get a say in how the club’s run and most importantly- it’s the perfect barrier to another Hugh Scott fiasco.

I totally understand the ‘taking more from the pockets of fans’ concern, but we all contribute anyway - by buying tickets, buying merch, and (obviously) buying pies. A tenner these days buys a packet of fags (so I’m told) or a fancy cup of latte and a few square inches of dried-out brownie, so on a monthly basis, the extra hardly seems significant.

The improvements I’ve seen to the Gayfield infrastructure over recent years have been impressive (including the electronic scoreboard 🤩) - at the very least, it’s made the matchday experience even more satisfying, and helps increase gate revenue by attracting more supporters to the game. My point is that your money’s not being squandered - you can see where it’s going, and that it’s being spent wisely. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable ask.

Just my opinion obviously- but I’d rather throw a few quid at my club, than dump it into something like a dodgy crowdfunding pitch for a computer game which will never see the light of day. Good luck in the game tomorrow.

Edited by Chippyminton

52 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

If that’s the case can we apply for a postponement?

Failure to fulfil a league fixture would probably lead to a points deduction - vaguely recall Hamilton were deducted double figure points because they couldn't field a team (due to players refusing to play, in that case).

51 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Where do I sign? 😛😛😛

Joking aside, Morton is fan-owned as you’ll doubtless be aware. We currently have just over 1000 ownership ‘shareholder’ members who each contribute a minimum of £10 a month = a pretty insignificant sum. But that’s £10k a month going into the club minimum. Many folks contribute more. The physical and monetary benefits are’t massive (concessions on season ticket price being the most obvious one) but we get a say in how the club’s run and most importantly- it’s the perfect barrier to another Hugh Scott fiasco.

I totally understand the ‘taking more from the pockets of fans’ concern - but we all contribute anyway - by buying tickets, buying merch, and (obviously) buying pies. A tenner these days buys a packet of fags (so I’m told) or a fancy cup of latte and a few square inches of dried-out brownie, so on a monthly basis, the extra hardly seems significant.

The improvements I’ve seen to the Gayfield infrastructure over recent years have been impressive (including the electronic scoreboard 🤩) - at the very least, it’s made the matchday experience even more satisfying, and helps increase gate revenue by attracting more supporters to the game. My point is that your money’s not being squandered - you can see where it’s going, and that it’s being spent wisely. I don’t think it’s an unreasonable ask.

Just my opinion obviously- but I’d rather throw a few quid at my club, than dump it into something like a dodgy crowdfunding pitch for a computer game which will never see the light of day. Good luck in the game tomorrow.

Agree 100 percent 

The option is there and plenty of people will want to do it including myself 

If people don’t want to they can read that and forget it ever crossed their eyes - no big deal 

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would say more of a winger with McIntosh / Bird and Robinson all uptop 

Definitely need a centre half though - really hope Delaney makes it back tomorrow 

Absolutely this, a wide player is a must

Firstly good luck to the team today. Hopefully the upcoming break can allow the players a rest, give others a chance to come back and allow Jim a chance to coach the squad and do what he wants with the side.

As for Always Arbroath, it's not for me. I make my investment in the club through my season ticket and shares in the past. If they were to make the season ticket over 12 months I might be tempted to pay more.

To my mind, the rewards are not worth it. For £100 I'd want that scarf to be cashmere. 

However, what concerns me is that it's being done at all. Businesses who bring in schemes like this often have cash flow problems. It's why companies like Odeon or pret have subscription scheme, to get them through months like January. Given the reputed bank balance, the fighting fund should be fine, but staff wages are in a different accounting pot and we may need to be concerned.

1 minute ago, lichtiekev said:

Unbelievable team today,

Is there no emergency loans available?

Where's the money from the 50/50 draw to get anyone in and give these boys a hand, 

Adams will be on outfield today, 

Never seen anything like this before - in any professional or semi professional league - it’s farcical 

A squad the size it is and only 13 bodies fit for weeks and weeks on end - not just a one off it’s been like this for months 

So depressing 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Never seen anything like this before - in any professional or semi professional league - it’s farcical 

A squad the size it is and only 13 bodies fit for weeks and weeks on end - not just a one off it’s been like this for months 

So depressing 

What's more depressing is the club have give absolutely ZERO feedback or information of what's going on, 

Come out with another money making scheme that the fans will get behind like they always do, so give a little back and let us know what's going on, 

Can’t even see how the defence will line up today. This is unprecedented, surely the league could give us a postponement. Yes, it’s Arbroath’s own fault for not having a youth team and yes it’s up to the club to ensure that they have a large enough squad to cover for things like this but no one can accuse Arbroath of not trying to fix this - signed 5 players this window.

Just now, Tattie36 said:

Can’t even see how the defence will line up today. This is unprecedented, surely the league could give us a postponement. Yes, it’s Arbroath’s own fault for not having a youth team and yes it’s up to the club to ensure that they have a large enough squad to cover for things like this but no one can accuse Arbroath of not trying to fix this - signed 5 players this window.

I would like to think that the club have asked for a postponement, but communication from the club seems to have really dried up in recent months.

Does anyone else think McIntyre might just walk?

He's getting stick from some quarters and is obviously on a hiding to nothing here. He won’t have signed up to this shit show. Cant blame him of course.

One thing I hope happens is that he insists on setting up a youth team. I don’t care how much it costs, it’s ridiculous to not have one, not just at this level, at ANY level in the pyramid and this has proved that we need one. Plenty of non league teams have one and I seem to remember reading somewhere that it’s a requirement for teams coming into the league… that could be bullshit of course.

5 minutes ago, Tattie36 said:

Does anyone else think McIntyre might just walk?

He's getting stick from some quarters and is obviously on a hiding to nothing here. He won’t have signed up to this shit show. Cant blame him of course.

One thing I hope happens is that he insists on setting up a youth team. I don’t care how much it costs, it’s ridiculous to not have one, not just at this level, at ANY level in the pyramid and this has proved that we need one. Plenty of non league teams have one and I seem to remember reading somewhere that it’s a requirement for teams coming into the league… that could be bullshit of course.

Who's giving him stick? This situation isn't gonna last forever and i'd hope he's not as short sighted as that to walk away now!!